SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I still havent been able to get hold of VF but phoned the embassey today and was told that my email i sent regarding some changes had been put on the system but were not sure to as why shes not answering her phone or replying to emails. They are going to get her to contact me (hopefully)

Hey jimken, just wondered did you ever receive a direct response from VF lately?

Hi,

In my opinion you have got it.From what I have read/heard after you send in the visa application they check it and then reply asking you for what else they require. You have done that so now its just a matter of waiting. I think they diarise every application 5 months from when they receive them. Every CO is different,I was lucky to get my visa granted after 3 and half months. Again its my opinion that spouse visas only fail on something badly wrong medically or a a really bad criminal record. If I was you I would start planning for Australia.

Hi,

In my opinion you have got it.From what I have read/heard after you send in the visa application they check it and then reply asking you for what else they require. You have done that so now its just a matter of waiting. I think they diarise every application 5 months from when they receive them. Every CO is different,I was lucky to get my visa granted after 3 and half months. Again its my opinion that spouse visas only fail on something badly wrong medically or a a really bad criminal record. If I was you I would start planning for Australia.

Thanks pts...time to start persuading the husband again that we can make plans - I'm too excited not to!

Yep that's what I think too - you could always email your CO and ask if you're safe to book flights after the 15th November if you like :)

That might satisfy your OH's nerves...

Thanks Jo. I think we will try our luck with an email next week...if our CO says we can go ahead and book flights then surely the husband will be satisfied that the visa is on its way!

Guest jimkenward12
Hey jimken, just wondered did you ever receive a direct response from VF lately?

Nope still havent spoken to her directley and still cant get hold of her! Ive also booked my flight now and wanted to tell her but i doubt that will ever be possible as she doesnt answer her phone or reply to emails so just have to wait wait wait!

:mad:

Nope still havent spoken to her directley and still cant get hold of her! Ive also booked my flight now and wanted to tell her but i doubt that will ever be possible as she doesnt answer her phone or reply to emails so just have to wait wait wait!

:mad:

Hmmm, considering we pay for this, I think it unfair that you don't at least receive advice especially considering the responses clearly given by other CO.

Guest jimkenward12
Hmmm, considering we pay for this, I think it unfair that you don't at least receive advice especially considering the responses clearly given by other CO.

Yeah is rather frustrating, the only reason i phoned the embassey in the end is because my girlfriend is flying home next week so there is a change in circumstances (change of address for her and we are no longer living together) and altho i sent an email, with no reply u never know if they've received it, then if they havent they will proberley cancel the visa as i didnt notifiy them of changes! Man this visa stuff does get me stressed sometimes but it will hopefully all be worth it :cool:

Guest Gothic Rose

Hi,

Just had our telephone interview with CO PS, It seems to have gone well, at the end he said that it was all positive, he would review the extra evidence he'd asked for , which detailed finances, then he asked for a letter from our housing association in Aus confirming I'll be included in the tenancy when I get to Aus. He said he would be in touch about the medical & to expect a decision in Feb 2012.

So a little more to do yet but at least its moving forward :smile:

Guest tullyfolk
Hi,

Just had our telephone interview with CO PS, It seems to have gone well, at the end he said that it was all positive, he would review the extra evidence he'd asked for , which detailed finances, then he asked for a letter from our housing association in Aus confirming I'll be included in the tenancy when I get to Aus. He said he would be in touch about the medical & to expect a decision in Feb 2012.

So a little more to do yet but at least its moving forward :smile:

All sounds really positive! Does the Feb 2012 date represent the 5 month mark?

I think I've covered those in my application (finances/house in Aus), it will be interesting to see what further input he requests from us. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Hi Guys. Just thought to tell you all I received my 100. Yayyyyyyy :)

Want to just thank everyone for their help and chats, it got Mrs Boss and myself through a lot.

I wish everyone the best of luck with their applications and for everyone who now have theirs, the best of luck with the new chapter down under!

Our CO has been brilliant and fingers crossed everyone who is waiting or in the process of applying realises that the stress and hard efforts used putting it all together is well worth it when you get "that email"...

Guest COOKIE50

Want to just thank everyone for their help and chats, it got Mrs Boss and myself through a lot.

I wish everyone the best of luck with their applications and for everyone who now have theirs, the best of luck with the new chapter down under!

Our CO has been brilliant and fingers crossed everyone who is waiting or in the process of applying realises that the stress and hard efforts used putting it all together is well worth it when you get "that email"...

Congrats Farmdog, All the best for your new life in Australia. :hug:

Guest MM2Melb

Congratulations!! Brilliant news.

Best of luck with the exciting bits to come. :-)

Guest clark kent

I applied in person at Hobart on the 1st June and have heard absolutely nothing since, no letters, no e-mails.......I think I may have to call them.....

Guest clark kent
I applied in person at Hobart on the 1st June and have heard absolutely nothing since, no letters, no e-mails.......I think I may have to call them.....

Wrong thread. Lol

Guest jimkenward12
Hubby got his 100 today as well!!!

Yay for finding all those old bills to prove our defacto before being married!!!

So pleased :)

Congrats!!!!!! Good luck.....i still cant get hold of my C/O :daydreaming:

Guest jimkenward12

Congrats Farmdog, was your C/O VF?

Guest MM2Melb

Yay for finding all those old bills to prove our defacto before being married!!!

That's brilliant news about the 100! You lodged only a few days before us, hope we get exactly the same good news next week! :-)

Guest Chesterbelle

WOW! Congratulations.......that's under 4 months!!!!!!!!!!!

I submitted around the same day as you!

Who was your CO? x

:chatterbox:

Okay - today I have two questions

1 - Is Friday Spouse visa day at AH? It seems that I only ever see these visas being granted on a Friday, or is this my imagination?

2 - I read on another thread something about someone getting twitchy because their visa only came the day before the removal people came and they were worried that they couldn't ship their goods without the visa. Is this really true - you need your visa before you can have your house packed up and shipped? Or is this just for those who don't have an Aust partner? Because I'm assuming that as an Aust. citizen I can ship my things whenever I like.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated as I'm planning on having all our goods and chatels shipped before the blokes visa comes so that once we get there, we won't have long to wait for our things.

Cheers :chatterbox: