SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest kalv1uk

Hi everyone,

just got my Visa today- 309 spouse visa from the London embassy. Thought I'd share my processing times / experience:

Handed in visa documents in person 22/6/11, front loaded with my police check, my medical booked on the 29/6/11 (email booking confirmation including in my application). Didn't include my wifes police check or medical as I didn't think they were needed.

E-mail confirmation 27/6/11 asking for my Wifes medical and police check. Advised this would not delay our application. Received the documents from my application that weren't required within a week of the email on 27/6/11. Wifes medical done 3/8/11, police checks done and posted for both Aus and the UK for my wife at the start of August.

Emailed my case officer SV 3/11/11 asking if we would have a decision by the end of December and advised it would be granted by the end of the month. Response was same day.

Visa granted 11/11/11 by email. In total just under 5 months from start to finish. If I did it again I would have front loaded my Wifes police checks (the Aus one took ages) at the start and booked in her medical at the same time as mine.

Good luck!

-Kal

Congrats to those who received their emails today! Our CO is SV also...would be great to get the email today (is SV on a roll??!!), although when we enquired about timings with SV previously they indicated 15 November, so fingers crossed our email will arrive next week at the latest.

Well what do you know, just checked the inbox and the magical email arrived at 13:52 today...obviously my last post worked well as a cosmic ordering! Application was posted 14 June, so wait was almost 5 months to the day.

What a relief. Now for popping our cocker spaniel on a plane to Sydney on Tuesday and exchanging on the house before packing our bags for our 5 December departure!

OMG :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:just got the email from george lombard to say my o/h has his 309 visa, we are over the moon right now. we are now having the champers we've had in the fridge since we put our appilcation in, thanks to everyone who has helped us on our journey to oz melbourne here we come,

(applied for 309 visa) applied 1st july c/o asigned 3rd july c/o was dp, meds and police checks put in 22nd july, visa granted 11/11/11 we will never forget this dated

Well what do you know, just checked the inbox and the magical email arrived at 13:52 today...obviously my last post worked well as a cosmic ordering! Application was posted 14 June, so wait was almost 5 months to the day.

What a relief. Now for popping our cocker spaniel on a plane to Sydney on Tuesday and exchanging on the house before packing our bags for our 5 December departure!

great news enjoy your new life in oz

:biggrin:

:jiggy:OMG .... just switched on the computer and there it sat!!!!!

My Partner has the visa as do my three children!!!!!

SOOOOOO Happy.....

HUGE thank you to everyone who has oelped and advised us on the way as well as the lovely Maree at Go Matilda and SV , our C.O !

Now let the fun begin xxx

Woohoo!!! really pleased for ya :biggrin:

Now the fun begins! :wink:

Hi everyone, new to this site.

Defacto visa sent 26th August 2011, CO assigned following week AB(anybody else had him and if so what has been his time scale?)

Medical and Police check all done. Been told everything ok just waiting now.

Hoping to be in Brisbane mid March 2012. :smile::smile:

Guest COOKIE50
Hi everyone, new to this site.

Defacto visa sent 26th August 2011, CO assigned following week AB(anybody else had him and if so what has been his time scale?)

Medical and Police check all done. Been told everything ok just waiting now.

Hoping to be in Brisbane mid March 2012. :smile::smile:

AB takes about 4 months.:cool:

Guest Chesterbelle
Hi Everyone,

thanks so much for all the info on this site it has really helped me.

LG assigned on 23/08/11

medicals and police checks done

now just waiting.

We have not tried to contact LG yet and wondering if we should?

Thanks

Hey!

I don't think it makes any difference whether you make contact or not.......... unless you have an emergency or something to tell them which will affect the issue of your visa. I contacted mine with a coupe of queries throughout the process but she stuck to the 5-6 month line to the day the whole way through (and delivered in just over 4).

I don't think it does you any harm to make contact but then I don't think it really gains you anything - hard as it seems your CO won't have forgotten about you, it just seems like a very long queue when you don't get an update. Easy for me to say that now I have my visa eh??:wink: But I know how you feel.....

Hopefully you'll be around the 4 month mark too - Best of luck to you!

Coming up for the three month mark too. Just can't wait to be able to start arranging things, so getting a bit fustrated. Just wish they could say that you are getting the visa but have to wait until a certain time to receive it.

Have passed the 3 month mark and am now hopefully in the final stretch - I was over the waiting after a couple of weeks, now it's just killing me! :arghh: Desperate to make contact with CO but am going with the leave him be and all will be fine approach......

Hello

I lodged my application (Prospective Marriage SC300) in Dubai and the time line as below:

3rd of Oct 2011 lodged the app.

4th of Oct 2011 confirmation for receiving the app.

6th of Oct 2011 they requested to send the form 80 and sent at the same day.

10th of Nov 2011 they requested the following:

1- Health Eax.

2- Police check from the home country.

3- Single Status certificate.

the health ex. done and sent today other documents in process.

Now my question is: how long it will take to approve the visa after the health ex. and add. info submitted?

is it a good sign they asked for the health ex.?

waiting advice.

Guest CNEALE100

Hi there - we have AB too. We have contacted him to mention we want to fly at the end of January and he has advised that 5-6 months is standard processing time from intially sending in the application which for us was 5th September 2011. Just like you - really enjoying the waiting LOL! hoping for a double new year celebration!

Guest sunseeker77

Hi all, I just wanted to ask a quick question if that ok? Does anyone know if you have to have an interview as part of the partner visa process? I have submitted mine and was told that I should be ok to get a permanent visa straight off, but haven't heard anything since. My application has been in for just over 2 months so far...

Also, will I have to submit my passport at all?

Thanks in advance!

You don't necessarily have to have an interview - we didn't and got the visa back in october for my hubby.

Also you don't have to submit your passport because it's an electronic visa - but it's usually a good idea to send your passport in after it's granted to get a proper label in it as evidence. Immigration won't need it, but it can make it easier for people like banks etc who won't have access to the visa system as easily :)

that average time at the moment seems to be just over 4 months, so just hang in there,we didnt contact our c/o and ours still came in on the 4 month mark, good luck with your application it shouldn't be 2 long 2 wait now ,

We had LG and got hubby's visa in just under 4 months (we spoke to her about travel plans and she managed to get it sorted in time for us!).

She was always prompt at returning emails and stuff, but if she hasn't asked for anything more then chances are you're all ready to go and might as well just leave it!

Just make sure to get in touch with her if you intend to travel or change contact details ;)

Will add were i am up to nervous times

defacto visa sent and money taken 1/11/2011

request more information and medicals done on 16/11/11 police check sent off for

co PS allocated

waiting for aphra registration also

Cant believe how stressful this has been so far now hoping everything comes through on time as second stage for interview and agency put me to start work may 21st so need to be in oz for end of april. Dont want to be away from my other half to long and want to no visa has been approved before i go as we have three kids.

Well our partner visa has been approved ahed of the expected date. SV was great from start to end and we did not even have to bug her for dates. Even better we are currently travelling in Argentina so had a great steak and Malbec to celebrate! Good luck t o you all!

hii congrats for the visa :) wish you a nice stay there, and hope mine will take same time

i hope i be there end of Jan 2012.

one Q, where did you apply your request? me in Dubai and i am living thea too.

Hi everyone!!

I just wanted to say hi and to add my stats to this page.

- Posted 309/100 visa application on 1st August 2011 by special delivery

- Visa received and money taken out on 2nd August 2011

- Case Officer assigned on 8th August 2011 (LG) and medicals and police checks requested

- Medicals and police checks sent off on 24th August 2011

Lots of waiting and one or two emails to LG since then, but after 3.5 months since we first applied, my 100 Permanent Residency visa was confirmed today, 21st November!!

Yippee!!! We are so relieved and are now planning our move for 2012. Thank you PIO for offering such good advice, as it’s been invaluable while preparing our application.