SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

My partner just had his 100 visa granted! Very excited and delighted!

Applied on 26th April, so a 5 month turn around. Our CO was PS, who was very straight down the line and clear and helpful.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting.\:biggrin:

Amazing news! Now the real work begins :biggrin: Good luck with everything x

My partner just had his 100 visa granted! Very excited and delighted!

Applied on 26th April, so a 5 month turn around. Our CO was PS, who was very straight down the line and clear and helpful.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting.\:biggrin:

Congratulations!! Great to get the 100 too!

Good luck :-)

Hi

Just wanted to pass on my stats. First post from me, although have been checking the thread since early this year. It has really helped me throughout the whole application process - from preparation to grant - so a huge "Thank you!" to all those who have posted tips and timelines.

20/05/11 Front loaded application sent.

23/05/11 Application received at AH / monies taken.

24/05/11 CO (SV) assigned. Re-certification of 2 docs requested by CO.

06/06/11 Re-certified docs sent.

10/06/11 CO stated all required docs provided, and visa due around 23 Oct.

27/09/11 Visa (subclass 309) granted.:jiggy:

I had read in a few posts that my CO almost never grants in under 5 months, so to receive the visa in just over 4 months was a (very welcome) surprise. For those of you who also have SV - I think I have seen posts from at least a couple of you - I hope this is the beginning of a new trend!

Fingers crossed for a speedy grant for everyone who is still waiting.

Hi Guys!!

Im new to this site, all the posts ive read so far have been SSSOOOOO helpful!

I sent off my 309 application on 30/08, have had the medicals done, and now my CO (DP) has asked for further information of my 'stepped down' criminal history.

I was reprimanded when I was 16, nothing too serious but now im stressing! Has anyone else had something similar? Im 95% sure that all will be ok but im worried that this will slow down the processing times.

Look forward to hearing from you!! :cute:

Guest BazzRose
Hi

Just wanted to pass on my stats. First post from me, although have been checking the thread since early this year. It has really helped me throughout the whole application process - from preparation to grant - so a huge "Thank you!" to all those who have posted tips and timelines.

I had read in a few posts that my CO almost never grants in under 5 months, so to receive the visa in just over 4 months was a (very welcome) surprise. For those of you who also have SV - I think I have seen posts from at least a couple of you - I hope this is the beginning of a new trend!

Congrats.

Just reaching the 3 1/2 month stage now for our visa, fingers crossed only 2 more weeks to go.

Guest Beanie22
Same here. 3 and a half months. Travelling out there next week though so sods law says I'll probably get granted on 4 months just after I get there and will have to do an NZtrip. Still secretly hoping I'll get it before though.

:huh: Soooooo am I right in believing that you can actually visit Oz whilst awaiting your application decision & whilst out there if you are approved you just have to technically be outside of Australia for at least 3 days whilst this decision is made????

:huh: Soooooo am I right in believing that you can actually visit Oz whilst awaiting your application decision & whilst out there if you are approved you just have to technically be outside of Australia for at least 3 days whilst this decision is made????

So long as you tell your case officer what you are doing yes. There's lots of posts about it on here and elsewhere in the forum.

Guest Beanie22

Has anyone else done this? I am nervous it is a bit risky, but like you say as long as we keep the CO informed then it is all above board. We have been told a decision should be made by the end of December but we were hoping to be out there by end of October.

Has anyone else done this? I am nervous it is a bit risky, but like you say as long as we keep the CO informed then it is all above board. We have been told a decision should be made by the end of December but we were hoping to be out there by end of October.

If you read through the thread there a few people done it or are currently doing it. I wouldn't say it was risky just don't take all your belongings and don't look like you're going to stay forever and you'll be treated like any other tourist. You've even got a valid reason to be there as visiting friends and relatives is one of the reasons for a tourist visa. How else would you be able to get to family weddings/parties etc.

The biggest risk is that your CO forgets to inform you that they are granting your visa. Haven't actually heard of this happening to anyone as yet though.

Guest Beanie22

Thanks for that. We have a wedding invite in December & other events we were hoping to go to at the end of October so as you say we do have genuine reasons for visiting. I visited www.immi.au & there seem to be 2 very similar visitor visas so not sure which one I should apply for, but will ask my CO. Thanks for all your help

Hi,

I applied offshore spouse visa 5 months ago from India. 1 month ago i moved to Australia with my husband on tourist visa. Now, my C.O. granted spouse visa 309, but he told me I need to go outside australia for stamping. We are planning to go Newzland for stamping.

What is the procedure for spouse visa stamping to other country.

Do i need another tourist visa for newzland to get my spouse visa stamping ?

Cheers

vikmik

Hi

WOW!!! you did very well there! she made me wait the whole 5 months, Congratulations!!!! :jiggy:

Application sent to AH 24/09/2011

Police checks sent 24/09/2011

Money taken 26/09/2011

ACRO in touch 27/09/2011 as forgotten to include passport page. Scanned and sent 28/09/2011.

CO LG assigned 28/09/2011 and requested to get medical, police checks and further info for addresses in last 10 years.

Medical booked for 07/10/2011.

Hi

I have become a little addicted to this site and looking at visa processing times, and thought I would add our details. My husband and I have been together since 2000, and have two children who both hold dual nationality. I am Aussie and he is English.

We sent his spouse application on the 2 May 2011 to AH, we sent his police check but not the medical.

On 11 May we got an email from our CO, PS, asking for my husband to have his medical & to provide more info for 2009/2010 as he may be eligible for a permanent visa. The visa processing time was estimated to be 5 to 6 months

I sent the additional info on 11 May

On 08/06 my husband had his medical

On 11/06 we emailed our CO, to check the additional info had been recieved and to say he had done his medical.

On 16/06 the CO emailed to acknowledge receipt of info and medical and advsied that no further info was required at this stage, and that they would contact us if further info was required or when the visa was finalised.

Visa Subclass 100 granted today. Great week so far.We accepted an offer on house on Tuesday, now the visa has come through. Fingers crossed sale goes smoothly and we are in Melbourne early in the new year:spinny:

Best of luck to all those waiting. Time seems to drag, and the processing times seem to vary greatly from CO to CO, which can be frustrating when you are waiting, but eventually it comes through.

PS has been straight down the line during the process and helpful with queries.

Guest keeanryanandbub

Hey. I applied for my partner visa in mid july and was told it would take 5 to 6 months to process. I have had medicals and sent off police check. Nothing else has been asked for so far. Case officer (AB) told us that I could 'visit' Australia on a holiday visa as long as I leave the country before my visa is granted, which he said he would tell us about beforehand. So we booked our tickets and appied for a 6 month holiday visa, as that will give us long enough till visa is granted, without having to leave.

So we leave for Oz on tuesday on a one way ticket. However now I'm getting a bit worried- will they stop me, because I haven't got a ticket out of there? I was planning on taking proof of my visa application and explaining the situation if needed, will that be enough for them?

Any help on this or similar situations much appreciated!

K

Guest keeanryanandbub
What you could do is pre-book a flight to New Zealand (which you'd need to take anyway) and if you make sure it's changeable / fully flexible you could just use the same flight to make your Tasman dash when the time comes!

:)

Thanks for that, will consider it!

But, thats another thing- why New-Zealand? We were thinking Bali or is it for cheapness? (We'll be in Adelaide if that helps)

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss

309 visa granted. Now get me on that plane.

Fantastic news! What a huge relief for you! Hope you have a safe journey and enjoy your reunion!