SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Ok so i sent my visa off 2/8 - It has been recieved 3/8 morning.. Had my medical checks done yesterday everything was fine there! Just wondering... do AH usually confirm reciept of visa application? Like an email or call etc? Or do i wait until im given a CO?

Arrgghhh waiting games!! Thanks :) x

The email from your CO will be the confirmation. It usually takes about a week or two from when you submitted the application to hearing from your CO. The email will also give you a case reference number, which you can use for any communications regarding your application.

Could any one tell me how long it takes from handing in your Spouse visa to getting a CO? Handed mine in to the Embassy in Berlin in May and have not heard anything as yet.:daydreaming:

Hi there. Most people on here have applied through the UK so it's hard to comment on the Berlin office. Having said that, May was quite a while ago and it seems strange that you wouldn't have heard something by now. A couple of people on here have had a similar problem and it turned out that the email confirmation was sent to the wrong address or disappeared into junk mail or something like that. If I were you I'd be calling the Berlin office directly. You'll probably discover you were allocated a CO a couple of months ago! Good luck :)

Hi there. Most people on here have applied through the UK so it's hard to comment on the Berlin office. Having said that, May was quite a while ago and it seems strange that you wouldn't have heard something by now. A couple of people on here have had a similar problem and it turned out that the email confirmation was sent to the wrong address or disappeared into junk mail or something like that. If I were you I'd be calling the Berlin office directly. You'll probably discover you were allocated a CO a couple of months ago! Good luck :)

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I should have specified a bit more. I already got a confirmation as I handed in the application in person. But there was no CO assigned to that confirmation.

I guess I was just expecting to have received an email from a CO so I knew that the application was in hand. Any idea how long this type of visa application normally takes?

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I should have specified a bit more. I already got a confirmation as I handed in the application in person. But there was no CO assigned to that confirmation.

I guess I was just expecting to have received an email from a CO so I knew that the application was in hand. Any idea how long this type of visa application normally takes?

I would still give them a call, it seems like it's been a very long time.

As I said before, most people here have applied through the UK so I don't have experience of the Berlin office. However, currently quite a lot of people on this forum have been receiving their visas in about 4.5 months or so. Every case is different but it's a rough guide at least.

Guest Carly87
The email from your CO will be the confirmation. It usually takes about a week or two from when you submitted the application to hearing from your CO. The email will also give you a case reference number, which you can use for any communications regarding your application.

Got my email from CO yesterday! Was v excited! :)

Hi,

We have LG as well and I also called her on Wednesday morning, she said that they were processing February's at the moment but ours which went in on the 23rd of March may be officially approved by the end of this month but should definitely be by mid-August. It's been a long nail-biting journey and I totally empathise with other POMSINOZERS and good luck to all of you.

Forbes & Jane XX

Our Visa was approved on Tuesday 9th of August 2011 by LG, many thanks to her) which is a little over the 4 month mark. We are over the moon and have are just about getting over the hangovers from our Visa Party!. We can now start to plan for our future and get out of the UK before it goes up in flames or implodes financially(or both):biglaugh:.

Forbes & Jane

Our Visa was approved on Tuesday 9th of August 2011 by LG, many thanks to her) which is a little over the 4 month mark. We are over the moon and have are just about getting over the hangovers from our Visa Party!. We can now start to plan for our future and get out of the UK before it goes up in flames or implodes financially(or both):biglaugh:.

Forbes & Jane

Congratulations!! :hug:

Guest colcase

Forbes & Jane

Congratulations to you both!

Guest paintpotty

Congrats forbes1 on getting your visa,its a great feling aint it,then it sinks in your leaving the uk soon and then it gets exciting and scary:biggrin:

Guest Carly87

Hey you know when your all saying you have your visas granted, are these the perm ones or temp ones? Im confused with the difference! X

Guest Breelandien

You apply for both at the same time really. Usually you will get a temporary visa first and two years later this will be upgraded to permanent assuming the relationship still exists. If you have enough evidence prior to the application that your relationship has been going on for a number of years you may go straight to permanent.

You can do most things on the temp that you can do on the perm but you will have slightly reduced access to certain rights like benefits.

Guest Breelandien

You will probably be quoted 5-6months for processing if you have applied in the UK. However, it seems that they are taking around the 4 month mark for most of the people on here - dependent on who your CO is

Myself and Mrs Boss would love it to be earlier than 4 months - but I agree, it seems a 4 month period is the average waiting time...

I can't wait for that day when the approval email comes through and we book the tickets!!!!

Hi there all - congrats to everyone who's got their visa's already! Glad to hear processing is usually a bit quicker than they quote, my husband's hoping his is processed in 4 months too (I'm the Aussie so don't need a visa)!

App recieved & money taken 22/6/11, email from CO (LG) 27/6 with request for medical but nothing else asked for. Medical was done on 8/7/11.

We haven't been asked for anything else apart from the medical, and haven't heard anything at all since then (not even to confirm they received the medical info) - is that normal?

Should we chase ?? I'm flying out on 23rd Oct and Jon's flying on 8th Nov - he was intending to fly out on a tourist visa if necessary, but hearing all your news I'm wondering if there's a smidgeon of a chance he might have his proper visa by then!!!

Cheers,

Guest Breelandien

We front loaded our visa so apart from the original e-mail from the CO we heard nothing from them until I got in touch with them. We did receive some of our evidence back after a few weeks. Never had confirmation of the medical either but I had mine before the application went in

I e-mailed after 3 months (figured the half way point was reasonable). I think the fact you've heard nothing is actually good news and I wouldn't chase them yet. Towards the end of next month would be a reasonable time to try.

Given your timings I'd say the visa has a reasonable chance to arrive before the November flight. But it's by no means certain I'm afraid.

Thanks Breelandien :)

We'd already assumed he'd have to do a mad dash to Kiwi land - he'd asked the CO about flying to Oz in the interim and was assured that would be ok. He's been really excited for the last few months about having some mandatory time off to go fishing, so if it's not issued before his flight he won't exactly be disappointed (more likely the opposite!)

:)

Guest Chesterbelle
Hi there all - congrats to everyone who's got their visa's already! Glad to hear processing is usually a bit quicker than they quote, my husband's hoping his is processed in 4 months too (I'm the Aussie so don't need a visa)!

App recieved & money taken 22/6/11, email from CO (LG) 27/6 with request for medical but nothing else asked for. Medical was done on 8/7/11.

We haven't been asked for anything else apart from the medical, and haven't heard anything at all since then (not even to confirm they received the medical info) - is that normal?

Should we chase ?? I'm flying out on 23rd Oct and Jon's flying on 8th Nov - he was intending to fly out on a tourist visa if necessary, but hearing all your news I'm wondering if there's a smidgeon of a chance he might have his proper visa by then!!!

Cheers,

I submitted a similar time to you and emailed my CO to chek they had received everything and she said yep, no further info required........just a small matter of waiting for a few motnhs now.....eek!