SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

well, i had a feeling today was the day!!

visa granted!!

sent 03/03/2011

received by CO (DP) on 07/03/2011

visa granted 06/07/2011

wooooo!!

just on 4 months..thanks for all your helpful posts and advice! and good luck to all of you! not long now for all the march applicants!

oh i haven't been able to get in contact with my partner (the one who the visa is actually for)..so you guys are the first to know!

all the best!!

Congratulations

Guest Tillyloola

visa granted!!

sent 03/03/2011

visa granted 06/07/2011

wooooo!!

just on 4 months..thanks for all your helpful posts and advice! and good luck to all of you! not long now for all the march applicants!

oh i haven't been able to get in contact with my partner (the one who the visa is actually for)..so you guys are the first to know!

all the best!!

CONGRATULATIONS.:jiggy:

I'm just a few days behind you with the same CO, starting to get a little nervous/excited now.

There is so many of us that applied with nearly the same timeline, we should hopefully see lots of people getting there grants over the next week or so.

visa granted!!

sent 03/03/2011

visa granted 06/07/2011

wooooo!!

all the best!!

What wonderful news and feel very priveleged to know before you OH, lol.

All the best to you and fingers crossed the rest of us have the same time frames x

Guest paintpotty

Visa application on 25th march 2011

CO emailed me on 29th march to say he had recieved my application

Also wanted more info for 2009,sent that on no problem

On 30th march co contacted me to go and get my medicals done and send for my police check.

Had my medicals on 7th april

Sent my police check around 20th april.

Havnt heard a thing since but i think this is normal(i hope):biggrin:

Anybody out there done the partner application in march and heard any news yet:biggrin:

Hiya,

My CO (AH) told me last week that he wasn't in a position to give a definate date other than it would take the usual 5-6 months. :arghh:

Hi everybody!

I have had a very strange day so far!! My partner called our Migration Agent today and he said that the waiting time is now up to 7 months and to be prepared to wait! We have a case officer since March 3rd, so we are just over 4 months in!!

He said not to contact our case officer ourselves "under any circumstances." I was so upset when I heard 7 months! So I took the bull by the horns and called my case officer this morning!! So my visa has been APPROVED and will be granted next week!!

Timeline is:

Case officer assigned March 3rd

Requested an additional police clearance from UK on same day

Visa approved and due to be granted next week!!!

So happy! I would advise anybody applying not to use a migration agent unless their case is ver complicated! He has made this a horrendous experience for us!

Laura :biggrin:

Hi everybody!

I have had a very strange day so far!! My partner called our Migration Agent today and he said that the waiting time is now up to 7 months and to be prepared to wait! We have a case officer since March 3rd, so we are just over 4 months in!!

He said not to contact our case officer ourselves "under any circumstances." I was so upset when I heard 7 months! So I took the bull by the horns and called my case officer this morning!! So my visa has been APPROVED and will be granted next week!!

Timeline is:

So happy! I would advise anybody applying not to use a migration agent unless their case is ver complicated! He has made this a horrendous experience for us!

Congrats.................good to hear wheels are in motion at Australia House!! When are you heading over?

Congrats.................good to hear wheels are in motion at Australia House!! When are you heading over?

Hi Amanda,

I sent a reply but it cut out on me! It's funny how it happened. Last night, my partner booked a flight home to see me because the whole process and being away from him was really getting to me. And of course, the migration agent being unnecessarily horrible hasn't helped things either. So he is arriving on Friday morning! Now we can go back together, probably in three weeks....so it has worked out nicely! Oh and the case officer said that they are finishing Feb's apps at the moment and moving in to March next week! I bet yours isn't far away x

Hi Amanda,

I sent a reply but it cut out on me! It's funny how it happened. Last night, my partner booked a flight home to see me because the whole process and being away from him was really getting to me. And of course, the migration agent being unnecessarily horrible hasn't helped things either. So he is arriving on Friday morning! Now we can go back together, probably in three weeks....so it has worked out nicely! Oh and the case officer said that they are finishing Feb's apps at the moment and moving in to March next week! I bet yours isn't far away x

The 3 weeks'll fly by. Hope mine comes through soon as my OH went to Melbourne 3 weeks ago so I'm on my own here with a screaming 2 year old :arghh:

Guest bu22inb
Visa posted 16/02

Phone Interview 30/03

Still waiting

Hi Smish- Can i ask about the phone interview, what type of questions should we expect to be asked ??:unsure:

Guest Bek7
Is anyone else waiting for the Prospective Marriage Visa? I applied in March and hoping its the same time frame to have granted as the Partner visas??

Hi there,

We applied for prospective marriage visa and got in approved in 4mths and 4 days!! So hopefully you don't have long to wait..

App 18/2

Approved 22/6

Thankyou !! you lodged yours the same day as us... fri 24th june ?? Thanks for the info i was starting to get a bit worried...... sv has asked me to do a medical and hasnt requested any other info as of yet-so hopefully thats good news.... Good luck to you with your app !!! im hoping itl all be sorted b4 christmas !!! :unsure:

I posted the exact same day! And she just requested evidence of OH's immigration status into UK and more evidence Jan-April 2011 (as I neglected to put anything current in) - she also told me to medicals. If we go 6 months to the day it'll be Xmas Eve! x

Happy Christmas to us! Chesterbelle - you duffer! Its easy to get swept up by it all, isn't it?

What sort of Visa have you both applied for? We are de facto partner visa subclass 309. Now that the visa application has gone in we are on to our next big job - moving house! Collected the keys this evening. :biggrin::biggrin:

visa granted!!

sent 03/03/2011

visa granted 06/07/2011

wooooo!!

all the best!!

Bertieb! Delighted for ya! You're so funny getting on here to tell us all before you're OH even knows!:laugh:

Hi everybody!

Timeline is:

That is unbelievable! Did you get in touch with your MO after? Good on you for following your gut feeling and ringing your CO. So happy for you - congratulations!

Guest BazzRose

Hi all,

I applied for a Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) at Aussie House in London on 11th June, money taken out a couple of days later. I received a mail chasing up the medical checks (I'd already done them, but medical centre hadn't forwarded them at that point) and also a police check (which I arranged that day and they received 1 week later).

Anybody else going through this visa process, or has been of late and know what sort of processing time we are looking at? My Fiance is over in Australia at the moment and really having a tough time of late and I hate not being there to help her :(

Guest Tillyloola
Hi all,

I applied for a Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) at Aussie House in London on 11th June, money taken out a couple of days later. I received a mail chasing up the medical checks (I'd already done them, but medical centre hadn't forwarded them at that point) and also a police check (which I arranged that day and they received 1 week later).

Anybody else going through this visa process, or has been of late and know what sort of processing time we are looking at? My Fiance is over in Australia at the moment and really having a tough time of late and I hate not being there to help her :(

They tell you its a five to six month timescale, but lots seem to be processed around the four month mark at the moment.

Guest BazzRose
They tell you its a five to six month timescale, but lots seem to be processed around the four month mark at the moment.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Hi applied for the pmv in march and they just say its 5-6 months wait, hope its quicker! The being apart is driving me mad! lol :(