SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest ANDREA WRIGHT

took the trip to Oz house and submitted visa 309 frontloaded with police checks, statements, id's etc...everything but the health check which I booked this morning.

June 24: visa submitted and payment made.

Thats where it stands lol.

GREAT news that visa's can be granted in 4.5 months... :o)

Hi, we have AB - so far he's been brilliant, responded to every one of my wife's emails within hours of sending. He has our travel dates (for oz holiday this year - moving there next year) so knows that we had planned to use this trip to 'validate' the visa. Hasn't told us anything other than the 5-6 months standard but has acknowledged that we'd like it before Sept! (we lodged visa 26/04).

We can now officially join this thread..

The application was sent 21/06/2011, delivered 23/06/2011.

Payment of £ 1130 taken on 23/06/2011.

Just received an email confirming our application has been received. WP is our CO. They have asked for the medical and to answer a question we missed DOH!!! and they have also asked for certified copies of the kids birth certificate.

Hi, we have AB - so far he's been brilliant, responded to every one of my wife's emails within hours of sending. He has our travel dates (for oz holiday this year - moving there next year) so knows that we had planned to use this trip to 'validate' the visa. Hasn't told us anything other than the 5-6 months standard but has acknowledged that we'd like it before Sept! (we lodged visa 26/04).

Hi Aussiedad,

He's been very efficient, just not deviated from the 5-6 month line. He has our travel dates too, so he knows we'd like it before mid August but he quoted 5-6 months back to us and advised against booking flights - which we already had. We're not sure of exact date of lodging visa, but were assigned AB 28/3.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Elizabeth

Guest Chesterbelle

I posted my visa on Wednesday (special delivery) and I know thet received it on Friday morning (according to royal mail) - but nothing has happened yet. Am I expecting an email or just to see money go out of my account?

Should I be worried? Everybody elses seems to have been taken the day the application was received?

:unsure:

I posted my visa on Wednesday (special delivery) and I know thet received it on Friday morning (according to royal mail) - but nothing has happened yet. Am I expecting an email or just to see money go out of my account?

Should I be worried? Everybody elses seems to have been taken the day the application was received?

:unsure:

I didn't check my account till 4 days after the application was received. According to my account it took 2 days to show up. I shouldnt worry just yet.

Guest Chesterbelle

How did they let you know they had received your application - letter or email?

Thanks! It's hard not to worry! x

You'll know they have your application when you get an email from a case officer either asking you for further information or telling you they have everything they need. This can take up to 10 days but normally in around 4-5 days.

Until you get the email they only thing you can do is track the postage of your application (assuming you sent it special delivery) and at least then you can relax knowing it's been delivered!

Guest Chesterbelle

It does say received by somebody called BUNTINX WILLY which is why I'm worried!!!! Is that even a real name?

Haha Chesterbelle, I'd have been worried when I saw that name too! I posted ours from Ireland on Friday. I'm really hoping it gets there before the fees go up in July. According to the An Post tracing number it was dispached from Dublin on Saturday. The fee is coming off OH's credit card. I'd say he's gonna be sick of me asking him again and again to check to see if the money is gone yet.

Guest Chesterbelle

OOoooooh you'll have to keep me posted - I hope they're not on a go-slow to take our fees after 1st July. Do you know how much it goes up by? xx

Hi Aussiedad,

He's been very efficient, just not deviated from the 5-6 month line. He has our travel dates too, so he knows we'd like it before mid August but he quoted 5-6 months back to us and advised against booking flights - which we already had. We're not sure of exact date of lodging visa, but were assigned AB 28/3.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Elizabeth

We lodged ours in person on 26/04, assigned AB 04/05.

If it follows the full 6 months for us, it's too late to use our aussie holiday this year as the initial entry and we'll need to arrange another trip before may next year (medicals and police 9/5).

I'm encouraged by the fact that quite a few people that have had AB, have received theirs in about 4 months. We are in Oz for 3 weeks so even if it's 5 months, we can still nip across to NZ for a couple of days and come back!

Are your flights booked for your permanent move?

Guest Tillyloola

I've had to take my kitty cat to be re homed today and I'm totally gutted. Just another one of the loved ones that I have to say goodbye to so that I can join the other half over in oz. Tell you what though it was a close call between me staying here with the kitty and going over with him...a very close call.

Australia better be worth it all.

Just hope that they get a move on with the visa now, its too quite in the house with out her here.:cry:

I've had to take my kitty cat to be re homed today and I'm totally gutted. Just another one of the loved ones that I have to say goodbye to so that I can join the other half over in oz. Tell you what though it was a close call between me staying here with the kitty and going over with him...a very close call.

Just hope that they get a move on with the visa now, its too quite in the house with out her here.:cry:

Ah Tillyloola, how sad!

I feel for you and know exactly what your going through because me and the oh had to do exactly the same in december when we sold the house earlier than planned. It was truly devastating and one of the hardest things we have had to do but it would of been much harder to have them to make the long journey.

Guest LoznWill

Hi Tillyloola,

Just a thought - there is an approved passport scheme for animals between the UK, EU and Aus... might be a little harder coming into Aus since we have ridiculously strict quarantine. i know when I was thinking of staying in the UK if I went through this scheme it cut down the quarantine etc time by nearly 2 months! Don't know if you want to put Kitty through that - but I know how hard it is to leave a special loved one behind! Hugs!:hug:

Guest LoznWill
My CO is SV btw.

Hiya - We have SV too... so far I have found SV to be prompt, informative and polite to all our queries! Fingers crossed we get under 5 month mark - although I have a feeling SV is very professional and sticks in line with departmental processing times!! Just have to think positive and keep obsessively checking our emails... lol lol lol!!

Guest LoznWill
just logged onto my hotmail account and i had an email from DP.

visa granted! YAAAAAY!

the dates that i think matter to you guys the most....

DP assigned as my case officer on 3rd March, visa granted 22nd June. thats less than 5 months! i hope you all receive your visa as quickly as myself.

Congratulations!! Most awesome news!!:biggrin:

Guest Chesterbelle

Mine got taken yesterday too! :biggrin: And I got a CO (PW) who requested more information - I was so hung up on puttin gin historic proof that I neglected o put anything in from the 1st half of thi year. She also asked for me to do my meds and character tests and send proof of OH's immigration status in the UK...........

Does all this sound normal?/?

Progress!!!

Hiya - We have SV too... so far I have found SV to be prompt, informative and polite to all our queries! Fingers crossed we get under 5 month mark - although I have a feeling SV is very professional and sticks in line with departmental processing times!! Just have to think positive and keep obsessively checking our emails... lol lol lol!!

PHEW!!! thought we was the only one in the village then!! :biggrin: lol our MA received an email from her not longer after we submitted our stuff in March to say it had been assessed and that it was to be granted on or around 17th Aug, we asked our MA just to see if there was any update in May and she responded pretty much to say calm ur jets be patient and wait until August! lol :arghh:

Hi, Has anyone else got JF as CO? We put in application at end of April, money taken, police check and medical done early may. Havent been asked for any more info, but also not had the things we submitted returned yet, is that usual? Think i'm just anxious like we all seem to be about getting the ok!