SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Tillyloola
Hi All in the March waiting game

Does anyone have their original documents back yet? Or a receipt? I've had nothing as yet and I'm just wondering after seeing what others have said about getting them back within a few weeks, whether I'm alone in that? I sent my application on 9th Mar and as far as I know no other documents were required once my medical had been submitted.

To update those who have been following my comments. My OH's dad has been in and out of hospital this past month and his mum is not coping under the strain (she had a stress related heart attack last year and we fear a repeat any day). Not to mention the OH himself who is working full time and spending the rest of his time at the hospital or at their house. Not a good situation. Made worse by my being so far away and unable to help.

And our baby boy started crawling this week....such a bittersweet moment without his daddy to see it. But I've taken lots of videos and emailed them over to Oz.

I decided not to appeal to our CO with our situation until it becomes god forbid more dire and immediate. So I have never contacted them to stress the fact we're a family separated (hard enough with a 7 month olf baby) or that we are now under extreme additional stress. I wonder if the 4 month timelines we've been seeing of late will extend into this year's applicants too.... or if they'll stick to 5-6 months? Thoughts anyone????

It is a crappy situation that your OH is in for sure, but I think that you are right not to appeal to you CO in relation to your family being apart as they don't consider this a compassionate need. There are so many people that are in the same situation as you they couldn't possibly do it for everyone, plus there are couples without children whom it wouldn't be fair to if people were bumped up in front of them for no other reason other than they had kids.

Speaking as someone who had to nurse their mum through terminal ovarian cancer and having to deal with her loss last year, I can quite honestly say the support of a partner when a parent is ill, can sometimes mean the difference between sinking and swimming. It may be worth while talking to your CO about this situation, I think that this may fall under compassionate grounds. Failing that, you could always do what I have done and come over on a tourist visa. I know its harder when you have a child in tow, but its always an option if you guys need it.

I have a similar timeline to you and I am desperately hoping that I'll see my visa in 4 rather than 6 month as I have a job to go to if I can get it though quickly. I suspect that they may be rushing visas now to try and get as many through before the end of the financial year. Ours would not be due to be granted until September (if you take the six month time scale), so I think that we will probably miss out on the rush and that it may go back to the full six months for us. This is all pure speculation on my part though and I really hope that this isn't the case.

Guest mjandmum
It is a crappy situation that your OH is in for sure, but I think that you are right not to appeal to you CO in relation to your family being apart as they don't consider this a compassionate need. There are so many people that are in the same situation as you they couldn't possibly do it for everyone, plus there are couples without children whom it wouldn't be fair to if people were bumped up in front of them for no other reason other than they had kids.

Speaking as someone who had to nurse their mum through terminal ovarian cancer and having to deal with her loss last year, I can quite honestly say the support of a partner when a parent is ill, can sometimes mean the difference between sinking and swimming. It may be worth while talking to your CO about this situation, I think that this may fall under compassionate grounds. Failing that, you could always do what I have done and come over on a tourist visa. I know its harder when you have a child in tow, but its always an option if you guys need it.

I have a similar timeline to you and I am desperately hoping that I'll see my visa in 4 rather than 6 month as I have a job to go to if I can get it though quickly. I suspect that they may be rushing visas now to try and get as many through before the end of the financial year. Ours would not be due to be granted until September (if you take the six month time scale), so I think that we will probably miss out on the rush and that it may go back to the full six months for us. This is all pure speculation on my part though and I really hope that this isn't the case.

I guess as hard as it is for us, I knew they wouldnt consider separation grounds for early grant despite saying they don't like to keep a family separated. I suppose I haven't emailed on the basis of the current situation as I dont want to burn that bridge should they refuse and then things become even worse. Things are pretty grave though mentally with his dad saying he doesnt expect to ever see his grandson in person again... despite trying to reassure him he will, how on earth do you fight such a negative outlook? Especially when you have no clue whether he will or not.

I hope the financial year ending isnt the motivation for things moving faster but I can see your point....

:hug:

Hi Everyone, Visa arrived on 21st April,, so happy

Exactly 4 Months and 1 day...Should be in Australia by end of June now.

20th December - Application submitted (front loaded with Meds, police checks)

21st December - Money taken from account

23rd December - email from CO asking for couple extra things

Sent extra documents and received back all items by first week of January..

Good luck to all on here, its defiantly been a long wait

Hi,

I thought an off shore application meant you had to be "off shore" when it was granted. (Out of the country)

Are you allowed to wait out the time on Oz?

Hiya,

yes, we do have to be offshore when it is granted and my CO already made sure we understand that we will have to be out of the country a few days before. He said he will email me a few days in advance and then I will have to leave, which is cool. I can go to a friend in NZ and we have allowed for all that in terms of our budget etc.

He has given us permission for me to stay in Oz and to apply for our daughter's citizenship there (we will also be flying to Singapore for Husband's business in a while too, so that means I won't be in Oz for 3 months straight anyway). Lots of people go there on tourist visas and wait it out, just feel lucky that we are able to do so!

I guess as hard as it is for us, I knew they wouldnt consider separation grounds for early grant despite saying they don't like to keep a family separated. I suppose I haven't emailed on the basis of the current situation as I dont want to burn that bridge should they refuse and then things become even worse. Things are pretty grave though mentally with his dad saying he doesnt expect to ever see his grandson in person again... despite trying to reassure him he will, how on earth do you fight such a negative outlook? Especially when you have no clue whether he will or not.

I hope the financial year ending isnt the motivation for things moving faster but I can see your point....

All you can do is try, nothing ventured nothing gained, it's worth a try putting your case across to your CO what's the worst that could happen? they say no? well at least then you will know the score and maybe then you could look into a Holiday Visa just so you can make it across for a little while whilst you are waiting. I personally would see it as good grounds to push it along a little quicker.

I hope you manage to get there soon.

Guest mjandmum
All you can do is try, nothing ventured nothing gained, it's worth a try putting your case across to your CO what's the worst that could happen? they say no? well at least then you will know the score and maybe then you could look into a Holiday Visa just so you can make it across for a little while whilst you are waiting. I personally would see it as good grounds to push it along a little quicker.

I hope you manage to get there soon.

I'm pretty sure I wont get a visitor visa as I was just there for 22 months on a 12 month multiple entry one before I came back here to apply for my spouse visa. They have rules about how long you've been in the country in the past X months.

I'm trying to convince my OH that the email to the CO would be best coming from him to really convey the pressure and strain that he's under. But it still has to go through our migration agent first otherwise we breach our contract with them.

Hiya,

yes, we do have to be offshore when it is granted and my CO already made sure we understand that we will have to be out of the country a few days before. He said he will email me a few days in advance and then I will have to leave, which is cool. I can go to a friend in NZ and we have allowed for all that in terms of our budget etc.

He has given us permission for me to stay in Oz and to apply for our daughter's citizenship there (we will also be flying to Singapore for Husband's business in a while too, so that means I won't be in Oz for 3 months straight anyway). Lots of people go there on tourist visas and wait it out, just feel lucky that we are able to do so!

Good luck with the move!! It's all coming together for you at last. Will you need to organise a visa to enter New Zealand? It's never ending...............

Amanda

Guest Tillyloola

Its awful to see them so low, positive attitude is 80% of the battle with illness sometimes and when they get to the stage that they cant really see positives, thats when the illness seems to get them. Its like they just give up.

I honestly dont think that they would say no if the situation is that dire. They know how hard it is for anyone to deal with close family who are gravely ill and how much support is needed. I know that bereavement is one of the compassionate grounds listed, so even if they did say no now, if the worse did happen, it would be a different situation that then one your in now and you could apply again for it to be looked at under different compassionate grounds.

I was looking into asking for my case to be looked at quicker because my husband is the only close person that I have now since my mum passed. I may have been able to get it done but I thought that I would just wait in line with everyone else as even though its not the same, I do have some family and friends in England. Some poor people have no one other than their partner, so I would rather I didn't clog up the works with my request. Plus I am extremely lucky in the respect that I can pretty much go back and forth to Australia while I'm waiting for my visa, maybe I wouldnt have been so charitable if that wasn't the case...who knows.

I really do think that you should at least speak to your CO and tell them your situation, you may be pleasantly surprised, you may be stuck in the same situation that your in now. Either way you are not going to be any worse off.

I honestly wish you and your OH all the luck in the world.

Its awful to see them so low, positive attitude is 80% of the battle with illness sometimes and when they get to the stage that they cant really see positives, thats when the illness seems to get them. Its like they just give up.

I honestly dont think that they would say no if the situation is that dire. They know how hard it is for anyone to deal with close family who are gravely ill and how much support is needed. I know that bereavement is one of the compassionate grounds listed, so even if they did say no now, if the worse did happen, it would be a different situation that then one your in now and you could apply again for it to be looked at under different compassionate grounds.

I was looking into asking for my case to be looked at quicker because my husband is the only close person that I have now since my mum passed. I may have been able to get it done but I thought that I would just wait in line with everyone else as even though its not the same, I do have some family and friends in England. Some poor people have no one other than their partner, so I would rather I didn't clog up the works with my request. Plus I am extremely lucky in the respect that I can pretty much go back and forth to Australia while I'm waiting for my visa, maybe I wouldnt have been so charitable if that wasn't the case...who knows.

I really do think that you should at least speak to your CO and tell them your situation, you may be pleasantly surprised, you may be stuck in the same situation that your in now. Either way you are not going to be any worse off.

I honestly wish you and your OH all the luck in the world.

Don't know if this helps but I rang the visa phone number today and asked if it would be worth advising that I am pregnant to see if the visa could be processed quicker so I could give birth in Australia with my family.

She told me that the only time they ever prioritise visas is when there has been a death in the family.

Good luck though - hope you're together soon!

Hi mjandmum,

Really sorry you and your family are going through such a rough time at the moment. We can only hope that the Visa's continue coming through in the shorter 4 month time frame.

In answer to the first query - yes, we had a reciept and documents sent back about week after the application went in. I'm not sure all the documents came back though. Maybe they keep some of them and copy others???

Good luck with everything

Guest mjandmum
Don't know if this helps but I rang the visa phone number today and asked if it would be worth advising that I am pregnant to see if the visa could be processed quicker so I could give birth in Australia with my family.

She told me that the only time they ever prioritise visas is when there has been a death in the family.

Good luck though - hope you're together soon!

Congratulations on your wonderful news. Let's hope for everyone's sake they start prioritising all spouse visas and crack on with the backlog!

Just wondering, when the visa's get approved do you just receive an email from your CO or do they just send you a letter? or both?

Thanks!

Guest mickthemackem

After finding out my co was on holliday i rang AH yesterday to see what was happening.

Well today they phoned me to say the visa was granted.

Thanks to all on here who have answered my questions and all the other posters, god only knows where i would have been at if i hadnt been on this sight.

All the best and hope those visas come your way soon.:jiggy:

^^^^^ Fantastic news, so encouraging to see quite a few people getting their visas recently. As you say mjandmum, lets hope they get the ball rolling and crank up the processing times, oh to dream of a four month grant!!

I'm copying a link to a question I have over on the main migration issues page. Its about the NOIM form for the 300pmv if anyone has a quick minute to cast your eye over it I'd be much obliged, off work today so on visa duty!

^^^^^ Fantastic news, so encouraging to see quite a few people getting their visas recently. As you say mjandmum, lets hope they get the ball rolling and crank up the processing times, oh to dream of a four month grant!!

I'm copying a link to a question I have over on the main migration issues page. Its about the NOIM form for the 300pmv if anyone has a quick minute to cast your eye over it I'd be much obliged, off work today so on visa duty!

Hi pinup,

check out my experience on http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/112960-noim-notice-intended-marriage-question.html#post1062042

Hope it helps!

Guest mjandmum

Hello All

Some wonderful news this morning - my visa was granted early on compassionate grounds. It is bittersweet though as my father in law was once more rushed into hospital during the night and is undergoing yet more surgery. I'm so incredibly grateful to our CO, LG for being so understanding of our situation and giving us the opportunity to hopefully spend what time he has left with my son's grandfather and to be there to support my OH at a terrible time. Hoping to fly out as soon as things can be tied up here to start our wonderful new lives under imminently sad times but hopefully happier ones in the future.

A big thanks to all on this thread who have sympathised and advised, and my sincere wish that you all get to start your new lives in Oz sooner than projected.

Wishing you all the best of luck!

Guest Tillyloola
Hello All

Some wonderful news this morning - my visa was granted early on compassionate grounds. It is bittersweet though as my father in law was once more rushed into hospital during the night and is undergoing yet more surgery. I'm so incredibly grateful to our CO, LG for being so understanding of our situation and giving us the opportunity to hopefully spend what time he has left with my son's grandfather and to be there to support my OH at a terrible time. Hoping to fly out as soon as things can be tied up here to start our wonderful new lives under imminently sad times but hopefully happier ones in the future.

A big thanks to all on this thread who have sympathised and advised, and my sincere wish that you all get to start your new lives in Oz sooner than projected.

Wishing you all the best of luck!

Told you they would do it, no matter how we may grumble about our CO's sometimes, they are human beings and they understand unfortunate and difficult circumstances.

I am honestly so happy for you, its fantastic news. I know its a rubbish set of circumstances but at least you now get to go and be with your partner when he obviously needs you most.

Best of luck.:biggrin:

Guest Spotlamp

This is my first post on here and I'm extermely gratefull to everyone who has posted previously and allowed me to benefit from your experience when putting my application together.

I had planned to take my time in putting it together, however my brother-in-law who lives in Albany, WA has brought his wedding forwards from Christmas to July of this year! We had hoped to lodge my visa application with a view to staying out there permanently after the wedding but that now seems unlikely due to the shift in timescales.

Needless to say I've sent off all the paperwork this morning in the post and hope to have some contact in the next couple of days. Given the circumstances aren't exceptional I can't foresee any speeding up of the process however I will be doing my utmost to expedite it. Anyone had any success with this?

Many thanks

H

Hi all,

just wanted to pick your brains and thought about starting a new thread but then sw that there was one about visa's, so thought better of it. Mind you at over 300 pages long it's some thread.

Anyway, I have a few questions that I would really like you guys to answer if you could. a bit of background first is that I am an Aussie by birth and my wife of 20 years is English and we have 2 kids, now for the questions:

1 - As we do not have joint bank accounts (never had) but we ssare the bills will this cause any issues?

2 - For getting the medical is it just a case of rining up the nearest to you to arrange?

3 - Police checks how do you get these done? Is there a special form?

4 - What is form 80?

5 - what is the current waiting time for a partner visa?

6 - With being in a relationship so long would this give us a better chance of her getting permanent resident visa from the outset?

Sorry for all the questions.

Craig

Guest mickthemackem

Hi Craig

1 we never had joint accounts,just sent enough other evidence

2 i had medical in manchester, only certain places can do them

3 ACPO i googled it to get certificate for police check

4 didnt do form 80

5mine took 5 months to come

6 we have 2 kids and been together over 15 years so got permanent

All the best

Mick:biggrin:

Mick,

THanks for that info really hepful.

My wife will be going to manchester as well for her medical. me and the kids don't need one as, well I am an Aussie and I am in the process of geting the kids Aussie citizeship and then passports.

5 months isn't too long either.

By the way what 'other evidence' did you send? Just to give us an idea of what we need to dig out. My wife was looking the other night in all our 20 years we only have 5 photo's of us together:eek:

Mick,

My wife will be going to manchester as well for her medical. me and the kids don't need one as, well I am an Aussie and I am in the process of geting the kids Aussie citizeship and then passports.

By the way what 'other evidence' did you send? Just to give us an idea of what we need to dig out. My wife was looking the other night in all our 20 years we only have 5 photo's of us together:eek:

Might be worth getting a Will made (if you haven't already got one). We don't have joint accounts/mortgage/bills so went to a solicitor and made a will just so we had something official to send in. We had bank statements showing the transfer of funds between our accounts, that was all. Send in both your bank statements to show that you regularly withdraw money to contribute to bills etc. I only sent in mine but my CO asked for my OH's. CO also said not to send photos, I don't think they carry much weight with regards to proving your relationship is genuine. You'll need to submit police checks for every country you've lived in, not just the current one.

Good luck!!

G'day Folks,

first post here, but have been reading this forum for a while.

I'm an Aussie, have been living in the UK for 10 years. Wife of 6 years is British and my son (18 months) is aussie by decent (dual passports). We've been together for 9 years so lots of history available to evidence.

We lodged partner visa in person on 26th April and paid on the card (payment charged same day).

Got the acknowledgement from our case officer (AB) this morning instructing to do medical and police checks, which we are arranging - but also asking for specific proof of that our relationship is genuine between May 09 - May 10 and also Aug 10 - Feb 11.

I thought this was quite odd but reading the email it says "

may be eligible for the grant of a permanent visa, rather than a temporary visa"

The email says evidence is usually provided in the form of joint financial & legal documents.

I'm not sure why they picked those specific days - we provided my son's birth certificate, he was born Aug 09 and so falls within the dates requested!

Has anyone else been asked to do this?

Any ideas would be most welcomed.

thanks

Guest mickthemackem
Mick,

Hi, to be honest i sent in anything that proved that we lived at the same address and showed that we both contributed to paying bills. gas,water,electric,vets/car insurance.

i put plenty in from over the years to show that we were living at the same address.

The one thing i didnt put in were photos.

Mick....

G'day Folks,

first post here, but have been reading this forum for a while.

I'm an Aussie, have been living in the UK for 10 years. Wife of 6 years is British and my son (18 months) is aussie by decent (dual passports). We've been together for 9 years so lots of history available to evidence.

We lodged partner visa in person on 26th April and paid on the card (payment charged same day).

Got the acknowledgement from our case officer (AB) this morning instructing to do medical and police checks, which we are arranging - but also asking for specific proof of that our relationship is genuine between May 09 - May 10 and also Aug 10 - Feb 11.

I thought this was quite odd but reading the email it says "

may be eligible for the grant of a permanent visa, rather than a temporary visa"

The email says evidence is usually provided in the form of joint financial & legal documents.

I'm not sure why they picked those specific days - we provided my son's birth certificate, he was born Aug 09 and so falls within the dates requested!

Has anyone else been asked to do this?

Any ideas would be most welcomed.

thanks

Hiya,

I got asked the same and we have a 19 month old who was born in the middle of the specified dates. On reading the crtieria more closely it says if you have been married for 2 years or more and have a child together you may be eligible for a permanent visa so my understanding of being asked to provide evidence for the last two years (in your case May 09 to Feb 11) is to ascertain whether you have enough evidence to prove you have been together for the last two years then they can grant the permanent visa. I was focused on providing evidence dating back to the start of our relationship but it seems they're just as concerned with up to date stuff as well. One big headache!!!!!!:arghh: