SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I would, at the end of the day we're paying quite a bit of money for a service so it's not unreasonable to expect a reply and to be kept up to date with whats going on. Like you said they may have left, in which case you need to know who your new CO is.

Guest Nando65
hey nando, i am just a bit concerned with him as we emailed him to check he had received our meds, only for him to reply that he had 'overlooked' a police check needed from me as our daughter is on the application which worried me that it was only us prompting him that he asked for it, but now he has not replied to our emails so getting a little concerned.

Hi Swifty

We needed to supply the UK police report and our agent emailed to say he had him on the phone and that could we give some dates, so all was given via our agents call to him and we got the police check and delivered it the same week.

We have emailed our agent and we will write to him tonight to ask if he can contact our CO and see if he is around?? Will let you know how we get on. Fingers crossed he is still there or at least we find out who has taken over if he has gone!!

Take care, chin up

Nando65

Guest Nando65
You should ring and check, usually after 5 days you get an email confirming payment has been recieved and the name of your case officer and a reference number for all enquiries, they are human and in my expereince helpful, once you pluck up the courage to speak to them!.

For all those thinking of getting an ETA, that is exactly what I did, my CO confirmed my grant date as 16.10.10, as opposed to the original 16.09.10 quoted, as my flights were booked she advised me to go on an ETA, she emailed me on the 14.10.10 to advise she now had a visa grant number for me, and for me to let her know when I was leaving OZ so she could put it on the system, I flew to NZ on the 19.10.10 returned 4 days later with visa activated. As long as your CO knows where you are it is fine, I also printed out a email of her confirming that I was fine to travel to OZ while waiting for my visa to be granted ( been watching to many border control, and was stressed about the paperwork, CVs birth certificates etc). During the month on an ETA visa I sorted out banks, school for my daughter new house,etc the only downside is if you have children they have to leave the country with you, if they are dependants on your application.

Happily living with OH in Roxby Downs,SA the middle of the desert and lovin it.

Maybeamy hi

Great to hear you are loving it down in SA!! Can you tell us who your CO was (initials) a couple of us have the same officer and some have not heard from them.

Thanks and enjoy your adventures!!

Nando65

Guest Mikeslady
Hi Mikeslady. It was completely out of the blue. I'd sent off my police check last week, so I was actually going to email myself at the end of this week, just to check they'd received everything. I don't think there'd be any harm in emailing to ask for a rough idea when it would be ready. From what my case officer said they've looked at all the evidence and everything's ok so now it waits till March to be issued.

I know what you mean about worrying they might refuse it. I was put sooooo much evidence in, just in case they said no. Think I drove my partner a bit mad with all the stressing!! :biggrin:

thanks Bifffo. Think I might drop him a line soon to see if I can get aany good news!

Give him a call - we had the same CO and he was not great with email but excellent on the phone.

Tried calling over 2 hours ago left a message still not heard anything, i don't like to stress about it but haven't heard anything from him since he admitted he had forgot to ask for some info

Guest RobynAtPresentInLondon
Wow am mega excited, just had a call from CO to say that our application has been approved for the 100 perm visa and will be granted mid feb which will make it 5 months processing time

God i think i might wee myself

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations for mid feb!!

Maybeamy hi

Great to hear you are loving it down in SA!! Can you tell us who your CO was (initials) a couple of us have the same officer and some have not heard from them.

Thanks and enjoy your adventures!!

Nando65

My CO was LG, she was excellent, she emailed within 2 days of receipt of application asking for medical, which was done within the week, then she emailed to confirm everything was in order and visa would be granted sept, which then changed to Oct, so I rang her, and she was really understanding and talked me through the ETA option and provided an email for me confirming it was fine to travel while waiting for visa to be granted.

The whilst in OZ she emailed all the relevant details through to me and visa was granted October as promised. I think basically no news in good news, if they need something they will be in touch with you, but I would ring and just check that they have everything they need, if that is the case, ask for a completion date, so you have a date to work towards.

Good luck, I'm not going to tell you not to worry, as I suddenly devoloped OCD, checking emails every few minutes, took to rocking in corners etc, so just try and stay busy.:hug:

well everyone it has taken longer then expected but I FINALLY have my visa! It was granted today and subclass 100.

Took just over 6 months but I wasn't expecting to have the visa untill late december due to being told it will take 6 months from june due to additional checks.

Now I have the visa and would have gone out to Aus in Jan/Feb but due falling pregnant and wanting to have my first child with all my family will need to hope they extend the visa till November (expires 18th May baby due 6th May)

I have to hope the CO honours earlier conversations re extending the visa as I do not think I can fly to Aus over xams to activate it.

Guest christinenpete
well everyone it has taken longer then expected but I FINALLY have my visa! It was granted today and subclass 100.

Took just over 6 months but I wasn't expecting to have the visa untill late december due to being told it will take 6 months from june due to additional checks.

Now I have the visa and would have gone out to Aus in Jan/Feb but due falling pregnant and wanting to have my first child with all my family will need to hope they extend the visa till November (expires 18th May baby due 6th May)

I have to hope the CO honours earlier conversations re extending the visa as I do not think I can fly to Aus over xams to activate it.

Awesome news, congrats Salma :cool: Good luck with your plans

Guest hbuckley

Congratulations to everyone with their visas, there does seem to be a slow drip feed of them coming through now!

We heard back from our consultant who had asked for an update from our CO and the reply was that the visa process would be finalised by the beginning of January and that no further action is needed by us.

I'll ask for clarification but I'm assuming that means a visa at the beginning of January or middle of January. This would make it 5months from the money coming out of my account on the 5th August.

Good luck everyone!

Guest kateandollie
Congratulations to everyone with their visas, there does seem to be a slow drip feed of them coming through now!

We heard back from our consultant who had asked for an update from our CO and the reply was that the visa process would be finalised by the beginning of January and that no further action is needed by us.

I'll ask for clarification but I'm assuming that means a visa at the beginning of January or middle of January. This would make it 5months from the money coming out of my account on the 5th August.

Good luck everyone!

5 months is good news..... hope we are as lucky :)

Guest Nando65

Hi PIO!

Can anyone tell us if you can check the progress of your spousal visa 100 subclass, on the DIAC site?

We have a reference number on our letter and not sure if this is the same as a TFN number (not sure of the title of this??)

Can you check all types of visa applications or only ones you did online?

Thanks

Nando65

Looks like this thread has entered a quiet phase waiting for February when the visas will start to come through again. Sigh. I wish we had known a year ago that the wait would be so long - we would not have waited until we were 100% certain of when we wanted to go to apply!

While the waiting for the visa is hard, at least we had a call from our CO saying that our visa will now be processed on the 5 month timeframe and that we will be getting the 100 permanent visa, this is not the hardest part for us, its the lack of movement on the housing market the fact that we have only had one viewing in over 2 months,we fear the visa will be here and the house still won't be sold

:arghh:

While the waiting for the visa is hard, at least we had a call from our CO saying that our visa will now be processed on the 5 month timeframe and that we will be getting the 100 permanent visa, this is not the hardest part for us, its the lack of movement on the housing market the fact that we have only had one viewing in over 2 months,we fear the visa will be here and the house still won't be sold

:arghh:

Good news re timeframe and visa! when did you apply for your visa?

If our house doesn't sell (we have had a couple of viewings in a month) we will let it - apparently, according to the agent who is v enthusiastic, it will let in days if not hours.

our visa was sent 10th September received and money taken 13th september our CO called us last week after i had sent a couple of emails and had no reply so i called and left a message asking how it was progressing and he called me back with the great news. We were expecting it mid march but he stated it would be a 5 months processing time which meant it would be finalised mid february HOORAY. Unfortunately we need to sell our house we can't let it out so its very frustrating just sitting waiting for it to happen

:twitcy: