SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest christinenpete
Congratulations!!

I hope all goes well and you are soon on your way. :jiggy:

We are flying out on Monday, 10 days in US and then on to NZ for two more days then into Brisbane on 25th. Very exciting.

Bye for now and good luck, Sharon

Thanks Sharon, hope you have a good journey and you enjoy the US and NZ on the way :smile:

Guest christinenpete
Congrats Christinenpete. We knew you'd be next and you've proved like so many of us, it really is worth contacting that CO on the 4 month day as it really does work.

I see you're in Berkshire - are you in Reading?

Where are you off to in Oz and when do you plan on moving out there?

Enjoy your weekend and I hope you're not on POI tonight as you should be out celebrating!

Jo

Thanks Jo, We are currently living about 10 miles outside Reading. Currently applying for jobs as an Occupational Therapist in Grafton and Lismore NSW. We went out for a reccie in November last year and fell in love with North NSW. We are looking to move in January when our current rent cycle runs out, or we'll end up getting stung loads on charges.

I just can't believe we've finally got the visa... after 10 years of discussing and planning it finally seems real :smile:

Guest christinenpete
Congratulations christinenpete!!! It's so brillinat isn't it!!!

We are booking our flights tomorrow. 16th November looks a good bet for us. Booking the flights tomorrow!!

wOOHOO!!!

I know.. the best part was listening to Pete whooping down the phone like a mad man when I called anf confirmed he had the email!

Can't wait to book our flights now, but we're not off til Jan so we'll wait a bit first.

Good luck with booking the flights today and your upcoming move :hug:

Guest christinenpete
Whoooooooooooooooooooopppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeee Whhhhoooooo!!

Congratulations to you both, hope you are very smiley tonight. Love all the smileys.

Thanks Hettybetty. I think smileys are great and definately sum up my mood better than words at the moment :laugh::wink:

Good luck to you for next week:hug:

Thanks Hettybetty. I think smileys are great and definately sum up my mood better than words at the moment :laugh::wink:

Good luck to you for next week:hug:

Thank you for the good lucks :biggrin:.

Small world - my other half has just moved from Grafton to a village south of Coffs, he was there for a year and a half and loved it. It is very pretty round Lismore and I think I'll be talking him into moving north again - when I get there of course! And I am living 10 miles outside Reading - small world!

I am looking at flights for the week after next, I've not seen my oh since Easter and so... I'll be on a plane as soon as I can be. Come on Friday :jiggy:!!

So Pete lasted until 9.04am this morning before giving his CO a ring and witin 30 minutes we got an email stating he is now the proud owner of a category 100 visa. WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:biglaugh::jiggy::jiggy:

Much celebrating tonight me thinks :jiggy:

Good luck to everyone waiting for their visa's in the next few weeks.... it's definately worth giving you CO a call when you reach 4 months :smile:

Thanks to everyone for putting up with us over the last few months... you're stars :hug:

How is that hangover? Hope everything now falls into place :wublclub:

Thanks christinenpete.

It's dawned on me that I have just over 5 weeks to get everything sorted, which is not long at all!!

Have a lovely trip Hetty Betty. I remember how horrible it was last year when my OH and I were apart.

Lismore, eh?! My OH grew up very close to Lismore! We#re off to Sydney because that's where all his friends are. But will be going up to Lismore regularly (Alstonville actually) as Nigel's mum still lives there!

Good luck everyone with your visas!!!

Guest sweet tooth
So Pete lasted until 9.04am this morning before giving his CO a ring and witin 30 minutes we got an email stating he is now the proud owner of a category 100 visa. WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:biglaugh::jiggy::jiggy:

Good luck to everyone waiting for their visa's in the next few weeks.... it's definately worth giving you CO a call when you reach 4 months :smile:

Thanks to everyone for putting up with us over the last few months... you're stars :hug:

hooooooraaaaaayyy! Congratulations! You have made my morning, currently tucked up in bed feeling very sorry for myself with flu but so excited for you guys!!!:jiggy:

What a great way to start the weekend, hope you have a brilliant time celebrating. Strangely enough I also lived in Reading for 4 years before I went out to Oz last year so very small world...Wouldn't have said Reading was that bad though that we all feel the need to leave! Currently sitting in Kent waiting for my visa.

Wishing you all the best!

Guest triksta

Humungous congratulation to everyone how has received their visa's!! We had our 4 month deadline yesterday.. but we received an email last week that stated that it will take longer... so am VERY jealous of you lucky ones!!!! keeping the faith that we will be able to get everything sorted to be home for Christmas.... :daydreaming:

Does anyone else have NJ as their CO???

Guest christinenpete

Thanks Peach... the hangover is manageable!! :biggrin:

Thanks Triksta, sorry to hear that you have to wait longer for yours, fingers crossed for you that it won't be too much longer.

Thanks Sweet tooth... it's a very small world. I've worked and lived in the Reading area for the last 5 years and can understand why everyone is running for the hills :wink: Hope your feeling better soon :hug:

Congratulations on the visa! Hope you enjoy the celebrations!

Emma

xx

Guest christinenpete
WE GOT IT! VISA GRANTED!:jiggy:

SO HAPPY. THANKS TO EVERYONE ON HERE THAT HAVE HELPED AND SUPPORTED!

EMMA

X:hug:

Awesome news Emma.:biggrin: There's no feeling quite like it! Enjoy your celebrations and good luck with your move :hug:

Guest Mikeslady

Hey, just thought I'd add my stats (great thread by the way):

20/09/10 - Application for 100/309 visa received in AH (including medical, but no police check)

24/09/10 - Application Fee taken

28/09/10 - C/O assigned and police check requested (he advised that the application will take six months)

04/10/10 - Police check received in AH

Now the waiting starts....

Just one question. I was asked for my police check and some additional info on one of the questions on my application form (I left some info out by mistake - silly me). They have both been sent to AH but I have heard nothing since. I'm not sure what to expect in terms of hearing from my CO from now on. Is it likely that that's all the info I'll need to send on or do they generally request info throughout the application process? I.e. do they generally do a quick checklist check to start off and then go into more detail later on?

I'm hoping that the process takes less than six months (although I don't expect that it will) because my OH has to go back to Oz this week

Thanks!

Guest christinenpete
Hey, just thought I'd add my stats (great thread by the way):

20/09/10 - Application for 100/309 visa received in AH (including medical, but no police check)

24/09/10 - Application Fee taken

28/09/10 - C/O assigned and police check requested (he advised that the application will take six months)

04/10/10 - Police check received in AH

Now the waiting starts....

Just one question. I was asked for my police check and some additional info on one of the questions on my application form (I left some info out by mistake - silly me). They have both been sent to AH but I have heard nothing since. I'm not sure what to expect in terms of hearing from my CO from now on. Is it likely that that's all the info I'll need to send on or do they generally request info throughout the application process? I.e. do they generally do a quick checklist check to start off and then go into more detail later on?

I'm hoping that the process takes less than six months (although I don't expect that it will) because my OH has to go back to Oz this week

Thanks!

Welcome to PIO :biggrin: We submitted the application with medical and police check following a few days later. We only ever got confirmation from the CO reciving paperwork if we emailed asking if he had received it.

We we're never asked for any extra info, so fingers crossed if they haven't asked already, they should have all they need :wink:

WE GOT IT! VISA GRANTED!

EMMA

/QUOTE]

Oh my goodness a big huge Whooooooooppppppppeeeeeeeeeee whooooooop to you emmaroo, that is good news :-). You must be so happy today, enjoy the feeling! :jiggy::biggrin::chatterbox::wink::biglaugh::yes:

I may be a little cheeky and phone tomorrow and ask what the proceedure is etc, hopefully this might mean we will get ours on Friday and I can spend Friday afternoon booking my flight. :chatterbox:

Got an email today from my co, 2 weeks and I'll have my visa which will be just under 4 months time, very pleased with it all, it was a breeze to do so glad we did it all ourselves. Now the real challange to sell the damn house before we leave in feb, been on the Market ages !

WE GOT IT! VISA GRANTED!:jiggy:

EMMA

X:hug:

WHHOOO HOOOO !!! Congratulations Emma. :jiggy::jiggy:

See you in Perth next year!!

Jo