SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Well I've emailed my CO this morning for an update on the basis that it's four months since I posted my application. Ok, even I think I'm pushing the limits of the interpretation of four months waiting time! No reply as yet, but if I don't get an update today it gives me a reason to phone tomorrow, after all I need to check my emails are being received!

Guest sweet tooth

Keeping everything crossed for you GeorgeD! Think you had the right idea emailing today so they got time to sort out any last minute things they need to so hopefully tomorrow you will get a result!

Big congratulations to the other two people that have had theirs granted in the last week!!

Another 6wks for me...tick tock, tick tock

Well I've emailed my CO this morning for an update on the basis that it's four months since I posted my application. Ok, even I think I'm pushing the limits of the interpretation of four months waiting time! No reply as yet, but if I don't get an update today it gives me a reason to phone tomorrow, after all I need to check my emails are being received!

Come on GeorgeD's co... be nice!!:jiggy:

And the response from my CO was..........drum roll............can you guess............ooooooh the excitement...............I can't keep this up much longer.............

No reply. Zip. Nada. Rien.

I have no idea if she is on holiday, etc, or indeed if she even got the mail, so it just gives me a reason to phone tomorrow I suppose.

And the response from my CO was..........drum roll............can you guess............ooooooh the excitement...............I can't keep this up much longer.............

I have no idea if she is on holiday, etc, or indeed if she even got the mail, so it just gives me a reason to phone tomorrow I suppose.

It's a killer isn't it? I'm exacly 2 weeks behind you so am eagerly awaiting your response from your CO......fingers crossed you get your news today before the weekend!:radar:

Hi

You are in a great position, they did this with us. It was a similar situation as your own and my husband has since been granted his Subclass 100.

It is so easy to be scared when new things happen, the fear of being turned down is always, no matter how unreasonably, there. Celebrate this and get the needed paperwork and look forward to getting you visa grant.

Good luck and try to chill and practice becoming an Aussie, you will soon be one. :hug:

Thanks sharonp53 & yugoj. I sent requested information off first thing this morning. It does sound like good news; saves hassle of re-applying for permanent visa later. It would be great to get it granted sooner than the 5-6 months that they are now quoting, we were hoping to get the house on the market sooner than 6 months time.

Our situation is so straight forward: my wife is Australian; I am British (never lived anywhere else but travelled quite a bit); evidence of being in relationship for 8 years, evidence of 5 years co-habiting, evidence of 4 years married; two children in last 3 years (both have Australian citizenship); no previous marriages or previous children (my wife or me); no criminal record; no medical issues; evidence that we are taking sufficient assets to cover two years of unemployment if necessary; nothing complicated. I can only assume 6 months processing in our case will be because after initial checks our file goes to the bottom of the pile to re-surface in 5.5 months time for our c/o approve (or not!!!).

Thanks again for you experiences.

Hi all, just had an email confirming receipt of application just wanted to post it on here and double check as we assume that this means they are requesting husband and daughter have their meds done and no further information is required, also does anyone know what this question 82 is? please see below

thanks

Laura

Health and character requirements

Please undertake;

· a radiological examination if aged 11 years or over; and

· a medical examination regardless of age; and

· a HIV test if aged 15 or over.

All medical examinations and x-rays must be completed by panel doctors and radiologists designated by the Australian Government.

Form 26 – Medical Examination

Form 160 – Radiological Examination

Instructions on completing these forms

can be downloaded from our website at Home - Australian High Commission.

Current contact details for panel doctors and radiologists in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland are also listed on the website Home - Australian High Commission under the same link. Please note that the department is currently in the process of reviewing eligible panel doctors and radiologists and it is likely that the list will be amended at the beginning in 2010. Please ensure that you check our website for any changes.

All applicants must present their passport to the panel doctor when undertaking medicals. A passport is the only acceptable means of identification for the panel doctor. If you do not provide your passport to the panel doctor your medicals(s) will be invalid and you will be requested to undertake them again.

Panel doctors are not authorised to return your medicals directly to you. The Australian government requires that all medicals for applications being processed in London are sent by the panel doctor directly to the Migration Branch in London. Your medical results will be logged and matched with your application.

Complete Question 82 on the attached sheet. (I put this in the mail to you today).

You've got to love this bit...

Current contact details for panel doctors and radiologists in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland are also listed on the website Home - Australian High Commission under the same link. Please note that the department is currently in the process of reviewing eligible panel doctors and radiologists and it is likely that the list will be amended at the beginning in 2010. Please ensure that you check our website for any changes.

So the list will be amended at the beginning of 2010 eh? Last time I looked it was mid Sept 2010...almost 3/4 of the way through the year.

Dunno about Q82...was there an attachment on the email?? Sounds like there should've been. If there was, which form was it?

By any chance did you forget to fill out Q82 from form 47sp: "In which countries have you lived for 12 months (in total) or more during the last 10 years?"

In which case your CO has posted you a re-print of the page so you can fill it out and return it to him or her.

In my case I didn't frontload. So my initial email from my CO, asked for medicals and police cerificates. It also asked for form 956 (permission for an agent to act on my behalf) which I'd forgotten to sign.

Once this was provided, I wasn't ask for more information. That doens't mean that they can't or won't in your case. :o)

The meds info is all 100% standard, every applicant for a spouse visa needs to do those checks and fill in those forms. Nothing unusual there at all.

They can ask for further evidence at any point, but the fact they have looked at your application and only asked for meds at this stage, I would suspect, is a good sign. I sent mine in with PCC but no meds (although gave them the date it was booked to happen) The first communication I got was confirmation of who my CO was, that I needed to provide the meds and further evidence was required. I would imagine they've had a chance to briefly review your evidence and don't seem to need any at this stage...but they could come back and ask at a later stage.

As for Q82...I wonder if it's a question on one of the forms you submitted that you had missed out? That's the only reason I can think of that they would actually post you a document...the one you sent to them! If you could complete it on any form then they would've sent an electronic copy, it's quicker and saves them postage. Did you take photocopies of the applications you sent in? If you did, go and look at Q82 and see if you missed it! On the applicants form (47SP) it is the list of countries you have lived in during the last 10 years...I don't have a copy of he sponsor's form here with me so can't check.

Hmmm...I'm just thinking, which version of the form (47SP) did you use? A new version was published in April 2010 which I vaguely remember as having some changes towards the last questions...could it be you used the old version of the form and it maybe didn't have this question on it, so they are asking you to complete just that section??? The date/version of the form is at the bottom of every page. I had filled in a draft version in March and went to transfer to a new copy I printed out in April...and there were different questions! That's how I noticed...

Well meds are booked for Monday and hopefully we will have the form by then to fill in q82, didn't take a photocopy forgot but i think we didn't put anything in the question about countries in which we have lived for last 10 years as we haven't lived anywhere so maybe we should have put england

Thanks

Laura

Ok, so after yesterday's failed attempt at getting an update by email, I thought I'd step up to the plate and pick up the phone...

And guess what...

drum roll again...

don't worry, I'm not going to do this every time...

...voicemail.

So I left a message...and...stuff the drum roll, I've not had a reply. Frustrating isn't it? Just need to bide my time I suppose :arghh:

I am now officially in 4 month territory as of this evening, and have never had one of the fabled "call me the first week of next month/it'll be approved next week/give me an hour to approve it" conversations :cry:

Oh God, for some reason this is almost as bad as waiting for my visa! I am with you all the way....COME ONE GeorgeDs CO, flippin' get a move on please..... the suspense is killing us!

:hug:

Ok, so after yesterday's failed attempt at getting an update by email, I thought I'd step up to the plate and pick up the phone...

And guess what...

drum roll again...

don't worry, I'm not going to do this every time...

...voicemail.

So I left a message...and...stuff the drum roll, I've not had a reply. Frustrating isn't it? Just need to bide my time I suppose :arghh:

I am now officially in 4 month territory as of this evening, and have never had one of the fabled "call me the first week of next month/it'll be approved next week/give me an hour to approve it" conversations :cry:

Oh God, for some reason this is almost as bad as waiting for my visa! I am with you all the way....COME ONE GeorgeDs CO, flippin' get a move on please..... the suspense is killing us!

:hug:

hahaha...that actually made me laugh Sharon. It's like the cliff hanger at the end of an EastEnders episode or something....you hear the do, do, do do do do music coming on and you have to wait till next week to find out what happens!!

Hahahaha, you are right.....it really is, and it is so hard. The weird thing is that there are a few people that you really connect with and you HAVE to know what's happening. I was in the middle of doing some online banking when I saw the message that you had subscribed to the thread. I dropped all and metaphorically ran to PIO.

Has anyone heard what's happening with a certain MadChicken? I know he must be close....oh man....we will all have to meet up in Oz and get seriously smashed!!!

Have a good weekend. I am driving back to the UK tomorrow, so will be offline until Wednesday (unless I manage to find a connection) how will I survive? I hope like mad to see champagne corks popping here when I get back!

Good luck :wacko:

hahaha...that actually made me laugh Sharon. It's like the cliff hanger at the end of an EastEnders episode or something....you hear the do, do, do do do do music coming on and you have to wait till next week to find out what happens!!

Guest MadChicken

Has anyone heard what's happening with a certain MadChicken? I know he must be close....oh man....we will all have to meet up in Oz and get seriously smashed!!!

??

Do you mean MadChickens visa application status sharonp??

check bk on previous threads, visa was granted 2nd sept,,remember???:huh:

Well it's now Day 3 of my Speak To My Case Officer Challenge...and so far I have a 100% record of leaving messages with no reply. And normal service was maintained...no reply.

I know you're all on the edge of your seats, lol, so I'll update again tomorrow...

Well it's now Day 3 of my Speak To My Case Officer Challenge...and so far I have a 100% record of leaving messages with no reply. And normal service was maintained...no reply.

I know you're all on the edge of your seats, lol, so I'll update again tomorrow...

You are so well humoured about it all. I would be going out of my mind!

Fingers crossed that Tomorrow Is The Day!:yes:

I would be going out of my mind!

To be honest, I passed that stage a while back! Not much else I can do though...but I will persevere in my quest to speak to my CO now that I'm past the 4 month mark. Not having heard a peep for months, nor ever getting a nod as to a rough idea when it would be approved, I need to make sure there is nothing more required from me...and I also need to make sure that my CO hasn't left or is off on extended sick leave! As some others have seen recently, sometimes you go into a black hole if your CO moves on...

Hi, This is my first post but I thought I might be able to help, I applied 18th May, more info was requested and supplied, medical done 7th June and Police certificate early July. CO (AB) asked us in July to ring today to finalise. Rang today but he is on leave until October 7Th. Left message on voicemail and early this afternoon received phone call and email confirming visa. 4 months to the day and exactly as expected.

Hope this helps.

Hi, This is my first post but I thought I might be able to help, I applied 18th May, more info was requested and supplied, medical done 7th June and Police certificate early July. CO (AB) asked us in July to ring today to finalise. Rang today but he is on leave until October 7Th. Left message on voicemail and early this afternoon received phone call and email confirming visa. 4 months to the day and exactly as expected.

Hope this helps.

Congratulations!

Always good to hear that the approvals are still coming through...your timescales are almost identical to mine, except my meds and PCC were in sooner than yours! I have a different CO though...

Just a quick update on our visa, the Q82 that the case officer had asked for was in fact the question that was about which country had my husband lived for last 10 years, don't know how we managed to totally miss it... Also as meds were requested they were done yesterday at a VERY BUSY handsworth wood medical centre, according to the doctor there they have seen a MASSIVE increase in immigration medicals recently and have had to take on more staff. So Q82 answered and returned to CO meds done suppose it is now a waiting game till March 2011

:biggrin: