SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I emailed mine yesterday and got an out of office - away for 2 weeks. The cheek! ;-)

just wondering if this is an annual shut down last week july/first week august, what is your co's initials, between us we should be able to work out if this is the case.... I need a holiday!! starting to get repetetive strain from checking in on emails:wacko:

just wondering if this is an annual shut down last week july/first week august, what is your co's initials, between us we should be able to work out if this is the case.... I need a holiday!! starting to get repetetive strain from checking in on emails:wacko:

Our CO is DP, but we never got an out of office to our email so guessing it is a different one to SteEyns.

Guest The Mandreks

We recieved our first email from our CO late today requesting further info...... perhaps its not every CO that is away....:smile:

Kerry, Shane and baby Jessica

Guest FedUp
My CO's initials are PS? Any takers...

I have this one as well. I know from a phone call I made last week that he's away for two weeks. Does the email mention when he's back?

Guest christinenpete
My CO's initials are PS? Any takers...

This is our CO too. Guess I won't bother emailing him for a while :rolleyes:

AB certainly is .Its lovely that so many people are helping with these 'isues' I wouldnt hesitate recommending Dr Million in Manchester,

after my trip yesterday for my meds. I have a health issue that is the only thing that could delay my visa. He totallyput my mind at rest.

( medical negligence that caused 'issue') . Now everything is in, I'm nervously waiting. I've been told by CO Early Sept..x fingers xx

All the best with it. Let us know how you get on.

:wubclub:

Guest SteEyns

The out of office I got back this week said PS is back on the 19th - no doubt he'll be refreshed after a nice holiday to plow through all our apps!

Guest DaveBecs

My CO is PS too. He said in June I should here by early July about my Defacto Visa, Thats explains why I havent heard anything!!! Fingers crossed he has a busy first week back

:biggrin:

Guest triksta

From experience, how long does it generally take to get your police check back from the Australian Federal Police???? Cheers :confused:

Prospective marriage Visa application post 5 days ago pre loaded with Police/Medical/Evidence etc. OZ House replied two days later saying they've received application but don't take AMEX (What, I use it for the airmiles with Virgin!!!). New card details emailed, payment taken out the next day.......we'll see how long it takes.......

TRIKSTA - Can I ask why you're waiting for the checks from the Aussie Federal Police??? Did you not just send in checks from the countries you've resided in??

From experience, how long does it generally take to get your police check back from the Australian Federal Police???? Cheers :confused:

Took my OH about 4-5 weeks, as you have to allow for postage time to Australia and back again and that can be up to 7 days each way, think the actually check took about 2-3 weeks.

Guest walshng

Hi,we lodged the de facto visa on march 13th,frontloaded. Approved on july 1st. No phonecalls or follow ups. Now I would like to know how much paperwork I will be asked for in 2 years time when we try to make it permanent? I did ring immigration myself but got very little info. Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

Guest FedUp
Hi,we lodged the de facto visa on march 13th,frontloaded. Approved on july 1st. No phonecalls or follow ups. Now I would like to know how much paperwork I will be asked for in 2 years time when we try to make it permanent? I did ring immigration myself but got very little info. Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the community and Congrats for your visa.

A starting point is the AH Visa Wizard. Use it as if you had the visa 2 years ago and look for the Checklist.

Also, read threads and posts in this forum; you will certainly find 99% of all what you need to know.

Good luck

A lot happier today, my OH spoke to someone at AH and we found out that the medical has been approved. :jiggy:

This was our big stumbling block and so now we can continue to plan our move to Australia, in reality the actual visa approval should now just be a formality.

A lot happier today, my OH spoke to someone at AH and we found out that the medical has been approved. :jiggy:

This was our big stumbling block and so now we can continue to plan our move to Australia, in reality the actual visa approval should now just be a formality.

that's really good news as i know you were pretty worried about the medical.

Guest FedUp

CONGRATS :hug:

I'm really happy for you as I know exactly how it feels when meds get referred. I'm waiting for news on my medicals which were sent to Australia. I don't know exactly when they were referred but my meds were done more than 6 weeks now.

Guest SteEyns

Had an email from my CO today, same information that a lot of people seem to be getting, " 3/4 months time to process applications" so hoping I'll hear something around early Sept.."

Guest Paul in UK

Visa Sub Class 100 Granted.

Applied March, front loaded with med's, visa granted 3 months to the day.

When you say 3 months it sounds such a short space of time but it has seemed like 3 years!

Expectant but relieved, movers and flights booked for August. Still chucking and donating bags of stuff, now comes the car!

Visa Sub Class 100 Granted.

Applied March, front loaded with med's, visa granted 3 months to the day.

When you say 3 months it sounds such a short space of time but it has seemed like 3 years!

Expectant but relieved, movers and flights booked for August. Still chucking and donating bags of stuff, now comes the car!

Excellent news. Am so glad your wait is over :o)

Sorry to hijack this post but just wanted to ask all your advice as you have all been there done it.

I have citizenship and my husband is just getting all the stuff together for his spouse visa offshore also to include our daughter.

My question is, i currently do not work and haven't for over 2 years as i have stayed at home to look after our daughter, when i was filling in my part of the forms the sponsors from it asks about work i assume to prove i can support him i am now concerned that our visa application may be refused as i cannot prove i can support him as he is the one who supports us currently

can anyone give any advice please

thanks

Sorry to hijack this post but just wanted to ask all your advice as you have all been there done it.

I have citizenship and my husband is just getting all the stuff together for his spouse visa offshore also to include our daughter.

My question is, i currently do not work and haven't for over 2 years as i have stayed at home to look after our daughter, when i was filling in my part of the forms the sponsors from it asks about work i assume to prove i can support him i am now concerned that our visa application may be refused as i cannot prove i can support him as he is the one who supports us currently

can anyone give any advice please

thanks

Don't worry about it, this is a common scenario.. Just explain it on the form (and your stat dec about the relationship).