SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

yeah , me too. I am the sponsor so I feel a bit stressed! I am scared that although we have been together for 8 years and living together for 6 that we do not have enough evidence as we do not usually keep letters etc! We are considering using an agent as I am nervous about doing ourselves!

Ditto if you ever need a rant just rant at me!

:cute:

You won't have anything to worry about. We have to use things like letters, photos, bank statements, travel documents etc, because we don't have a joint bank a\c or a joint lease/mortgage, so we have to back up our claims with anything and everything we can get our hands on. Its pretty peicemeal at present but we're slowly finding more evidence. We're also getting Stat Dec's from about 5 people, some in Oz and here in the UK despite DIAC asking for only 2. We're using the theory that it won't hurt to get as much as possible....

x

You won't have anything to worry about. We have to use things like letters, photos, bank statements, travel documents etc, because we don't have a joint bank a\c or a joint lease/mortgage, so we have to back up our claims with anything and everything we can get our hands on. Its pretty peicemeal at present but we're slowly finding more evidence. We're also getting Stat Dec's from about 5 people, some in Oz and here in the UK despite DIAC asking for only 2. We're using the theory that it won't hurt to get as much as possible....

x

hey just a quick heads i have lodged my application in london and the evidence they are after is more to do with living together rather then holiday/cards/emails etc as they do not prove living togther.

So we are supplying bills (phone electrical/renatl/mortgare agreements/council tax/medical letters/job offers).

good luck with the application.

hey just a quick heads i have lodged my application in london and the evidence they are after is more to do with living together rather then holiday/cards/emails etc as they do not prove living togther.

So we are supplying bills (phone electrical/renatl/mortgare agreements/council tax/medical letters/job offers).

good luck with the application.

Hi Salma,

Thanks! Yeah, we're providing those extra bits to prove the "genuine and continuing relationship" part, as back up. Its all so mind boggling isn't it!

Good luck to you too!

Kat

When you send your cards, photos etc do you get them back?

In theory, you get nothing back. You should send certified copies of anything you don't want to lose for ever. As it goes, though, my CO returned a couple of "official copy" certificates with my passport when I got the visa. It was unexpected and I suspect it was done as a special favour.

Guest cjn
I have yet another question!!

Thanks

Emma

x

hi emmaroo, we got all our photos and cards back quite quickly, I suppose this is because they weren't particularly necessary to our application, they were more interested in the official documents like bank statements and utility bills proving our de facto relationship.

Application Submitted 16/04, CO assigned 19/04, additional documents requested 22/04, posted 04/05

Guest rachandjon
I have yet another question!!

Thanks

Emma

x

I just sent in photocopies of cards, invites, etc. Not certified... It costs at least £5 a signature, so would be very expensive! I made a collection of digital photos of us, and just printed them off on paper, didn't send any 'real' ones. Just made phtocopies of bills, leases,etc too. I had got a certified copy of our wedding certificate issued by the borough, rather than photocopied and signed by a solicitor (same price) and sent a spare wedding invite and 'thank you' card that we had and they returned all these things. I think it tells you what you need to get certified (passports, marriage certificate, birth certificates) assume everything else just a photocopy is OK.

I didn't look on PIO when I was doing ours (silly,silly!) and niavely thought a lease and bills to both of us would show we had lived together for 12 months. But they were really hot on having proof for each month of the 12 months, even if it is just a bill or letter for both of you seperately. Our CO asked for bills for specific months we hadn't provided. We had changed to paperless billing, so was a bit of a hassle to track down - managed in the end!

Saying all this, we are still waiting for our visa to come through, so I assume its the right advice! :jiggy:

I have got mortgage and joint bank account statements for the past 12 mths and a few other letters from over the years we have been together, cards, invitation to wedding, photo's from several occasions- does this sound ok or do I need more?

I am right in thinking that people who do stat decs need to get them certified?

Blimey, I am stressing!:arghh:

Emma

Guest jacqndave

Hello Emmaroo

We supplied 2 stat decs from friend who attended our wedding, and yes they needed to be witnessed. You can get a list off the Aussie website, usual people... Lawyer, doc, government worker etc etc

Hope this helps

Guest EmilandMarleen
Right, so let me get this straight.

You must get all stat decs witnessed even if they are in the uk? The people in Oz must also have their status certified too?

Thanks

Emma

I don't think the UK stat decs need to be witnessed, but I made sure they were anyway. It is pretty easy, just get the person who is writing the stat dec for you to take the form to a pharmacy, or get a govt worker or teacher to witness the signature. For the people writing stat decs in OZ, just get them to get the form signed by a police officer at a police station as they can also certify a copy of their passport. That is what I got my family and friends to do.

Hope that helps!

Guest EmilandMarleen
I have got mortgage and joint bank account statements for the past 12 mths and a few other letters from over the years we have been together, cards, invitation to wedding, photo's from several occasions- does this sound ok or do I need more?

I am right in thinking that people who do stat decs need to get them certified?

Blimey, I am stressing!:arghh:

Emma

That sounds like you have enough proofof a genuine relationship. The other thing to remember is that you need to prove you have lived together for 2 years. Provide enough letters, bank statements etc with the same address to prove this.

Good Luck!

That sounds like you have enough proofof a genuine relationship. The other thing to remember is that you need to prove you have lived together for 2 years. Provide enough letters, bank statements etc with the same address to prove this.

Good Luck!

We have been together for 8 yrs living together for 6 but I thought you only had to show the past 12 months?

:huh:

Guest EmilandMarleen
We have been together for 8 yrs living together for 6 but I thought you only had to show the past 12 months?

:huh:

Oh sorry, yes it is only 12 months. Sounds like you have plenty of stuff then. That sounds like about what we included. We are still waiting for our visa, but we have been told by our CO that we submitted all the necessary paperwork so we just have to wait.

Oh sorry, yes it is only 12 months. Sounds like you have plenty of stuff then. That sounds like about what we included. We are still waiting for our visa, but we have been told by our CO that we submitted all the necessary paperwork so we just have to wait.

thanks, you have been really helpful.

Emma

:wubclub:

Guest EmilandMarleen
thanks, you have been really helpful.

Emma

:wubclub:

No worries and good luck. If you have anymore questions then just ask. I know how long it took us to get all the paperwork together.

Joint property ownership is considered really strong evidence of an ongoing relationship. Mortgage statements/Deeds/Solicitor letters etc are really really good to submit..

If you have this kind of evidence, I wouldn't bother getting your stat decs certified. I'm in a similar boat to you and my agent said that because we weren't relying on the stats decs as evidence there wasn't really any point. So I didn't.