SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Can anyone with kids who've applied tell me if they've been granted their permanent 100 visas around the same 8-9 month mark or are these visas taking longer? I was really hoping we would get granted around the 9 month mark but remembered last night that as we've got two kids my partner is eligible for the permanent visa straight away. Are there taking longer to process anyone know?

Hi, I applied for my 309/100, Jan 10th 2015, married to a Aussie with two children. Was granted PV 23 October, so about 9.5 months. Good luck

Eurgh. In UK, waiting for a 309/100, which I applied for on 15 April. (If I'm reading the current wait times right, I should get grant in January or February). I did my medical in August, and got a police check in May.

We're travelling out to Australia in two weeks for a long Christmas holiday with the family.

My eVisitor 600 visa ran out earlier this month. I've travelled twice to Australia over the past twelve months, for a total of less than two weeks. I reapplied for a new eVisitor 600 on the (Aussie) morning of 3 November. It's now the (Aussie) end of 5 November, and not had a new eVisitor visa yet, which I'm a bit worried about: doesn't it normally just take one day?

When should I panic a little?

In case anyone else has this: my 600 was granted (it appears to be a 601, which I'm a little confused about) the night after I posted the above - so it took two and a half days rather than the one I expected. So, that's good.

In case anyone else has this: my 600 was granted (it appears to be a 601, which I'm a little confused about) the night after I posted the above - so it took two and a half days rather than the one I expected. So, that's good.

Wonder why the granted a 601? Remember that a 601 only gives you three momths on each visit.

Wonder why the granted a 601? Remember that a 601 only gives you three momths on each visit.

Actually I applied for a 651; and was granted a 651. I find the visa website amazingly confusing.

I know I've got 3 months on each visit. My original plan was November->Feb; then I'd pop out and back. My actual plan is now going to be a month in November, then a week for a client in the US, then hopefully long enough to tide me over to the grant.

Hey all, it's been a while since I posted but thought you might like an update.

So I'm Australia! We've been here on the Gold Coast just over 3 weeks now and things have gone pretty well. Miraculously after applying for a million jobs before I got here I heard from one of them and they gave it me in the first week. Finding an apartment took a bit longer as the real estate agents really like to take their time. Also I'm not sure how they do it in England but I've never been to an open house inspection before, which is what they do here, and it's a bit confronting to see all the people you're up against! But we found a nice place and moved in last Friday.

Visa-wise, the border was a breeze. We landed in Brisbane at about 7.30 at night so it was fairly quiet. No questions asked, nothing even mentioned about my visa, and I was straight through. Too easy! Seems like so long ago now.

Other things - I'm surprised by the price of things; when I was here 3 years ago things seemed expensive, when I got back to the UK prices had gone up there, now I'm back things seem to have actually gotten cheaper! I'm still comparing to pounds (great rate at the moment) but that'll soon stop. There are lots of thunderstorms recently which are cool but some weather is damaging property. And Aussie TV isn't great ;)

So yeah, having fun, enjoying the heat and keeping busy!

Edited by alansuspect

My hubby has been granted his 309 today!!! We just received the email!!! Yay! We weren't expecting anything until December/January!! (We had organised an etourist visa for him as we're going back at the end of the month lol)

Can anyone advise if we should expect the 100 to be granted too? (We've been together 10 years and have a 1 year old)

Thanks!!

My hubby has been granted his 309 today!!! We just received the email!!! Yay! We weren't expecting anything until December/January!! (We had organised an etourist visa for him as we're going back at the end of the month lol)

Can anyone advise if we should expect the 100 to be granted too? (We've been together 10 years and have a 1 year old)

Thanks!!

Hmm, I am surprised you didn't get the 100 from the off if you've been a couple that long and provided evidence to support that.

Thanks!!

Big congratulations to you ..... With reference the 100, you are granted the 309 first and then later on in the day you should get another email granting the 100 , that's how it normally works. If you don't see the 100 by the end of the day contact your case officer.

Big congratulations to you ..... With reference the 100, you are granted the 309 first and then later on in the day you should get another email granting the 100 , that's how it normally works. If you don't see the 100 by the end of the day contact your case officer.

Interesting.

I only ever got one grant notification and that was for the 100.

Congratulations. Can I ask who your case officers initials were? We applied just before u so praying we hear soon!

Our CO is LC.

Thanks everyone, will leave it til tomorrow, if no email about the 100, I'll email asking about it. I thought we'd get it straight away too, so going to chase it up for sure.

Roughly how long did it take people to get assigned a CO? And get info on the dates to do medical and police checks etc. It's been 3 months since we submitted the application online through the immi account. Got a letter/email straight away so it's definitely been submitted.

Anyone else apply August?

I'm worried there is a massive backlog from all the applications before the price increase in July - so the process is going to take much longer than it is now [emoji22]

Congratulations to all the recent grants!

Though it is quite nerve wracking when you see people who applied few weeks after you getting grants and nothing yet for me! (applied on 19 Feb!!!) :confused:

take comfort I applied Dec 24th 2014.... still waiting... but only did my medical in september but seeing these shortened time frames making me very twitchy, thinking I may email....