SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Congrats Gbamber on the visa!! And congrats (in advance!) on the wedding! Fort William is such a beautiful spot & by April you'll both be sporting a nice aussie summer tan! :-)

Thank you Melibios. I've lived in Fort William for 35 years and when the weather is nice then it's beautiful but that's not very often :-) 5 and a half months to get a nice tan for the wedding.

Folks

I've not been on the forum for a while, but it's good to see the amount of grants coming through. Congratulations to all you new visa holders!!

My update is that a company who were interested in me have offered me a position which I accepted, then they went for a 457 visa through an on-hire agency. That visa was granted yesterday and we have booked our flights for 24th October. I have agreed to leave the country when I am due to have my 309/100 granted, which I hope is around the middle of January. I will work for the agency, on hire to my intended employer until I get the 309/100.

So it is all systems go now :err:

Folks

I've not been on the forum for a while, but it's good to see the amount of grants coming through. Congratulations to all you new visa holders!!

My update is that a company who were interested in me have offered me a position which I accepted, then they went for a 457 visa through an on-hire agency. That visa was granted yesterday and we have booked our flights for 24th October. I have agreed to leave the country when I am due to have my 309/100 granted, which I hope is around the middle of January. I will work for the agency, on hire to my intended employer until I get the 309/100.

wow that's great news, well done.... Yr the one I was keeping my eye on cos once yr visa comes through I should be 3 months behind u & that's when I plan to get house & removals sorted!!! Lol so please still let us know when u get yr grant :wink: all the best in yr new job :)

Hi guys, just a quick update, I was assigned my case officer yesterday (VF) which is almost 3 months since I applied so everything is starting to feel real now!

However, I was wondering if anybody could help me with something. My CO asked that I complete my medical on or soon after 24/10/15 but I'll be on holiday in Melbourne at this time and I don't return home until the 5/11/15. I was wondering if anybody knows wether I would be able to do my medical while I'm over there or does it have to be undertaken in the UK? If not should I just let my CO know that I will be a bit late?

And congrats to everybody who is getting their visa's granted. I would be extremely jealous if it wasn't for the fact I'm going over at the weekend :wink:

you can do your Medicals in oz, I did mine here, you can only book them a few days in advance though they dont let you make furute appointments... here is the website you need to use.

http://www.bupamvs.com.au/

Hi CameronsDad, that's great news! Funny enough, I think we met you, your wife and little Cameron at the time of the medical!! My husband was doing the medical before you & William, our wee one, was playing with your son! What a small world! :-)

Hope all the packing and preparation goes smoothly for you all!

Hi guys, just a quick update, I was assigned my case officer yesterday (VF) which is almost 3 months since I applied so everything is starting to feel real now!

However, I was wondering if anybody could help me with something. My CO asked that I complete my medical on or soon after 24/10/15 but I'll be on holiday in Melbourne at this time and I don't return home until the 5/11/15. I was wondering if anybody knows wether I would be able to do my medical while I'm over there or does it have to be undertaken in the UK? If not should I just let my CO know that I will be a bit late?

And congrats to everybody who is getting their visa's granted. I would be extremely jealous if it wasn't for the fact I'm going over at the weekend :wink:

You can do your medicals at any time, it doesn't have to be exactly at 6 months.

You can do it when you get back if you want. I'd book it in before you go (or if need get someone to book it for you while you are away if there is only a short timeframe in which to book ahead) if you can and then just go get it done on your return. You could do it in Aus but that would be a faff on your holiday IMHO. Doing it a week or two after the first date given by your CO is fine. It won't hinder the timeframe or speed of the grant as its still a few months after the medical the visa is generally granted.

In bed sound asleep and my FaceTime starts ringing on my phone. It's 5 in the morning and my fiancé is calling. YES the call I've been waiting weeks for. 10 months and 3 days. Visa granted, October 13th I'm going back to Australia to be with my fiancé. If it wasn't for having this website and forum to look at and chat to people I'd have been lost. I'm on this website about 30 times a day looking for people's updates and reading other things. Good luck everyone that's waiting.

I LOVE this!!!! Congrats Gbamber - hoping I can do the same to Benn when ours comes through!

Wow that is fab, wish we could do that too, we have to keep my partners company he works for in the uk inform in the Aussie one on our visa status, so when all granted can tell them and hopefully be a spot he can take

Folks

Right so after all my moaning / worrying my case worker has been assigned VF and medicals and Police checks requested !!! Problem is that it looks like Dec 2016 as our exit point and entry into Australia.

This means I need to delay my medicals until December 2015 so can I feasibly do this for 9 weeks without them getting annoyed ? I have not been given a date they have to be done by.

Applied 28 Feb 2015

Case worker assigned 23 Sep 2015

That wasn't us, we were in for Botox :laugh:

Small world indeed- how's your husbands arm? He was heavily strapped up after giving blood. I got away with not even needing a sticky plaster.

Hi CameronsDad, that's great news! Funny enough, I think we met you, your wife and little Cameron at the time of the medical!! My husband was doing the medical before you & William, our wee one, was playing with your son! What a small world! :-)

Hope all the packing and preparation goes smoothly for you all!

That wasn't us, we were in for Botox :laugh:

Small world indeed- how's your husbands arm? He was heavily strapped up after giving blood. I got away with not even needing a sticky plaster.

Haha yup the vampires must've got him between the treatment and waiting rooms! He was fine but proudly wore his bandages for the rest of the day and night (and throughout Rosslyn Chapel afterwards!! )

Has anybody delayed getting their medicals and Police clearance done ? And if so by how long ? In all likely hood looking for December 2016 move so would need to delay these until 17 Dec this year ? How quickly after submitting Police Checks and medicals are visa's usually granted ?

Applied 309/100 28 February 2015

CW assigned 23 September

Has anybody delayed getting their medicals and Police clearance done ? And if so by how long ? In all likely hood looking for December 2016 move so would need to delay these until 17 Dec this year ? How quickly after submitting Police Checks and medicals are visa's usually granted ?

Applied 309/100 28 February 2015

CW assigned 23 September

Medical and police check are usually asked to be undertaken around the 6 month point after lodging. This is done generally so as to allow about 6 months to validate once the visa is granted. Delaying doing the medical and sending off for the police check by a few weeks won't really harm anything IMHO. So long as you have no medical issues that would need to be referred (ie serious medical condition or a long term condition that will require treatment/meds etc). If you are fit and well it should be fine. Even referred medicals come back within the timeframe they give for grant (which is 10-14 months atm IIRC).

I don't see much point delaying the medical or police check too long tbh. If your visa is granted with a date to validate by, you just make a validation trip. Its what other people do if they are not moving within the timeframe to validate. They book a return trip to Aus when the visa is granted, fly out, clear immigration so the visa is validated and thats it. Return to the UK and move at their leisure at a later date.

If you lodged in Feb 2015 then you should expect to be asked to do the medical and police check around now. Its not your CO fault you now don't plan to move to Aus till Dec 2016. You applied and lodged with the understanding the application would take between 10-14 months to grant. You need to continue to work to that timeframe and just validate if you are not in a position to move soon after the grant. That is the whole point of the validation aspect and first entry into Aus after the grant. It then allows you more time once validated to actually move to Australia permanently.

Edited by Guest
added a line or two