SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Thanks guys!

I know it sounds ridiculous but I have relied on this forum a huge amount!

I hope everyone gets a speedy grant from here on!!!!

Not ridiculous, think we all do. It's nice to know yr not the only one going through all the different emotions!!! Best of luck to u :)

They visa clock generally goes from the date of your medical or police check, whichever was done first. Usually, if you do those around the 6 month mark after lodging and then this gives you around 6 months from visa grant in which to validate (assuming it takes another 6 months to finalise and grant).

I undertook my medical and police check at the 3 month mark as requested by my CO. Processing time from lodging to grant was around the 9 month mark at the time. My visa was granted around the 7 month mark so I had 8/9 months or so left on it in which to validate. Had it been granted at 9 months after lodging I'd have had 6 months or so in which to validate.

So am I right in thinking, im my case, I applied for my Police checks prior to application, 23 may 2015, well that was my ozzie one, if my grant comes through at, lets say the 10 month mark April 19th, then I may have until 23 May to leave Austrlaia to activate it?!

Sorry to ask, for most people this wouldnt matter but I am in such an odd situation with visas atm :S

Edited by Keep me in oz

Once visa is granted you don't have to leave a sap you can have it a year before you leave I believe, just the police and medical might have to be done again , I think that's right ?

So am I right in thinking, im my case, I applied for my Police checks prior to application, 23 may 2015, well that was my ozzie one, if my grant comes through at, lets say the 10 month mark April 19th, then I may have until 23 May to leave Austrlaia to activate it?!

Sorry to ask, for most people this wouldnt matter but I am in such an odd situation with visas atm :S

After the visa is granted you usually have several months to validate it (thugh this only needs to be a visit, doesn't have to be a permanent move). The date given is usually 12 months from either the medical or the police check, whichever is earlier.

However if it gets too close to expiry the COs do have discretion to extend the date if necessary.

After the visa is granted you usually have several months to validate it (thugh this only needs to be a visit, doesn't have to be a permanent move). The date given is usually 12 months from either the medical or the police check, whichever is earlier.

However if it gets too close to expiry the COs do have discretion to extend the date if necessary.

Oh really so it could be as long as 12 months! phew that makes me feel better! odd question, but do you happen to know if it can be withdrawn before its been activated?

Oh really so it could be as long as 12 months! phew that makes me feel better! odd question, but do you happen to know if it can be withdrawn before its been activated?

Its usually around 6 months to validate. An extension will usually only be if the window to validate is running very short at the time of grant. If you've got 6 months or so I doubt they will give an extension as that is ample time in which to book a flight and validate.

I've never heard of a visa grant being withdrawn before its activated.

Its usually around 6 months to validate. An extension will usually only be if the window to validate is running very short at the time of grant. If you've got 6 months or so I doubt they will give an extension as that is ample time in which to book a flight and validate.

I've never heard of a visa grant being withdrawn before its activated.

Sorry i should have worded that more clearly, I wonder whether I can Withdraw it after it has been granted but before its been activated.

Sorry i should have worded that more clearly, I wonder whether I can Withdraw it after it has been granted but before its been activated.

Withdraw your application for a partner visa once its granted? Not that I am aware of. It would have been granted. Done and dusted. There is no longer an application pending.

If you didn't validate it then it would lapse once the validation window had passed.

Withdraw your application for a partner visa once its granted? Not that I am aware of. It would have been granted. Done and dusted. There is no longer an application pending.

If you didn't validate it then it would lapse once the validation window had passed.

Yea I think you are right! Thanks for the info :) Man visas are so complicated : S

Hi everyone. I have read through posts in PIO before for advice but never posted until I found this thread so hope that's ok. I live in the UK with my husband & our two children. My husband has applied for his 309 on the 30th June 2015 before the visa charge increase. I am sponsoring him as I have PR which I successfully received back in April after flying out on my own for 9 days. I had not lived in Australia for over 10 years & had a refusal here before I flew out to try onshore & thankfully they sad yes that time!! My PR will run out April 2016 so looks like we will have to fly out before then with them on holiday visas (luckily can stay with my parents who live in Perth) & I can work.

Bit worried as before we applied, from the info I read on the processing times on their official site it said 5 months so we went ahead & did our medicals & police checks a month or so before we applied...not sure that was a good idea now!? But our application is complete. No CO as of yet, but hoping soon? Thanks for reading!

Lou

(P.S) Couldn't work out how to add a signature to the bottom with dates I submitted application etc?

Hi all, can you advise if we need to do an aussie police check as well? My hubby has done his UK police check in march when he applied and has his medical check in two weeks, just don't want to have any more delays if we need an aussie police check too? Thanks!

Have a read of this

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Char

If he's not been resident as per the wording there, then no he does not.

Hi all, can you advise if we need to do an aussie police check as well? My hubby has done his UK police check in march when he applied and has his medical check in two weeks, just don't want to have any more delays if we need an aussie police check too? Thanks!

Hi, I am the uk applicant and was requested by my co to do both a uk and Aus police check as I had lived there in the past 10 years. If your co hasn't specifically asked for it, I don't see the point in paying for the extra Aus one just in case.

Hi Alan,

Who did you use to ship your items please? My agent recommended PSS, no idea who are good, any info would be great if possible.

Still not sure how much either, Ive heard for a 20ft container, its like £3000, and the insurance is £1500, did you pay anythimg like this?

Much appreciate it if you could reply to this.

Thanks.

Iceman7

Hi Alan,

Who did you use to ship your items please? My agent recommended PSS, no idea who are good, any info would be great if possible.

Still not sure how much either, Ive heard for a 20ft container, its like £3000, and the insurance is £1500, did you pay anythimg like this?

Much appreciate it if you could reply to this.

Thanks.

Iceman7

Suggest you post a new thread in our transport and shipping section as you'll get feedback from others also. Plus have a look there as many people have posted shipping q's.

ETA - Shipping insurance is better via an independant insurer, not the one the company will want you to use. Look up Insure Your Move or Letton Percival for this purpose.

Edited by Guest

Hey all,

Where do you direct your email enquiries? I see some cases officers reply super quick whereas I've been waiting for a reply for over two weeks. Is this CO dependent?

Thanks again.

There is a general email addy. IIRC CO don't give out their direct emails anymore. It all goes to a central handling point and sorted from there IYKWIM, based on its importance etc.

CO don't always reply to emails. They are generally busy people and if its an enquiry as to if an application has been received or some such then don't expect to hear much. They will contact you when they need to don't worry :)