SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I know we don't need need them....but they help show that we are seen socially as a couple . The Aussie ones don't do that so much as we don't live there!!

So what did people do re the health insurance or showing you have cover before you get Medicare? If you get insurance now for the application you 're paying for insurance you don't need format least another 10-14 months. Bit confused here!

I dont think it applies to partner visa's. You can get medicare as soon as you get to Australia. Think its more for WHV or sponsored visa's. I may be corrected though.

I dont think it applies to partner visa's. You can get medicare as soon as you get to Australia. Think its more for WHV or sponsored visa's. I may be corrected though.

This is from the document checklist for the partner visa 309/100:

•Evidence that everyone included in your application has adequate health insurance in Australia. Provide any one of the following: ◦a signed letter from a health insurance provider (140 kB doc)

◦a Medicare card or receipt of enrolment with Medicare

◦evidence of adequate health insurance (including travel insurance)

◦if you are from a country with a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia and will be eligible for Medicare when you arrive here, evidence of adequate health insurance (including travel insurance) to cover you until you enrol in Medicare

◦evidence that you hold a passport from the Republic of Ireland.

This is from the document checklist for the partner visa 309/100:

•Evidence that everyone included in your application has adequate health insurance in Australia. Provide any one of the following: ◦a signed letter from a health insurance provider (140 kB doc)

◦a Medicare card or receipt of enrolment with Medicare

◦evidence of adequate health insurance (including travel insurance)

◦if you are from a country with a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia and will be eligible for Medicare when you arrive here, evidence of adequate health insurance (including travel insurance) to cover you until you enrol in Medicare

◦evidence that you hold a passport from the Republic of Ireland.

In that case if your from the UK, just get 30 days travel insurance commencing your departure. I dont think its a big deal. My sisters husband went over as her partner last year and was never asked to provide evidence of cover.

In that case if your from the UK, just get 30 days travel insurance commencing your departure. I dont think its a big deal. My sisters husband went over as her partner last year and was never asked to provide evidence of cover.

But you don't know when visa will be granted or when you'll enter aus....?

So, what have recent applicants done for this section...or just ignore it??!

But you don't know when visa will be granted or when you'll enter aus....?

So, what have recent applicants done for this section...or just ignore it??!

That is true, but i have already been told by CO that no further info is required. So unless he asks me then i will not bother. What about you? Have you been asked? How far in to the waiting period are you.

That is true, but i have already been told by CO that no further info is required. So unless he asks me then i will not bother. What about you? Have you been asked? How far in to the waiting period are you.

I haven't bothered with health insurance either. There is nothing mentioned in the Partner Migration booklet http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf ....that says this is necessary when stating what documents must be provided in the application. Hope this helps. I'm six months into my application and my CO hasn't asked for health insurance details either.

Sorry I might not have been clear. We have 3 stat decs from AUS citizens- all witnessed. If we were to add additional uk ones as a bit of extra evidence....do they still need witnessing?

Also I've just seen a part about proving you had healthcare cover before you are eligible for medicare. What did people do for this? Thanks

If it's any help, I included two informal statements from my friends. I just got them to email me confirming they knew us as a couple and that they believed our relationship to be genuine. I think as long as you have the formal ones you will be fine, but it can't hurt to include as much as possible.

Thanks Bronyaur & Pookie. I won't bother unless asked then. Unless this is a new requirement since you two applied? Any 2015 applicants shed any light on it?

I am in the process doing the application hence trying to check I've got everything I need.

Edited by Bound4Tassie

While it's great that the visas are being granted earlier than we '10-14 month' people expected, I am freaking out about wedding planning. I was counting on my visa being granted in Oct at earliest so I could get married in April. I was planning on viewing and booking a venue by July, now I don't know what to do :(

Thanks Bronyaur & Pookie. I won't bother unless asked then. Unless this is a new requirement since you two applied? Any 2015 applicants shed any light on it?

I am in the process doing the application hence trying to check I've got everything I need.

The Partner Migration booklet was last updated in April of this year. I wouldn't worry about it unless your CO asks.

Yep - we have VF too - she seems to have granted plenty in time, which is good!

Hi Wan2go,

We applied on the same day - want to have a race?!!

We've different case officers - mine never got in touch and isn't giving me their name though I've been told all is in order. I mistakenly did my police checks and medical in early January, so I may have to do these again.

All I have to do now is decide whether I should postpone my marriage, which is booked for mid-November in Melbourne, when I thought the processing time was 5 months. When have you a wedding booked for? ... what an annoying thing to have to do when we don't know the time-frame!

Edited by Eifster

Congrats to everyone who has been granted there visas as of late. A couple more August visas have been granted today on another forum. The anticipation is killing me, got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge waiting. Anyone else from August got DP?

Congrats to everyone who has been granted there visas as of late. A couple more August visas have been granted today on another forum. The anticipation is killing me, got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge waiting. Anyone else from August got DP?

DP for us also but we did not apply until 19 September

Hi Wan2go,

We applied on the same day - want to have a race?!!

We've different case officers - mine never got in touch and isn't giving me their name though I've been told all is in order. I mistakenly did my police checks and medical in early January, so I may have to do these again.

All I have to do now is decide whether I should postpone my marriage, which is booked for mid-November in Melbourne, when I thought the processing time was 5 months. When have you a wedding booked for? ... what an annoying thing to have to do when we don't know the time-frame!

We have booked ours for Feb 29th!! Just a small 'do' in a park. Thought we would be cutting that fine if they went to 14 months, but now looks like it will be ok (unless we have a more problematic technical hitch). Did you apply on line or in paper? And how did you get your medical done without the HAPID stuff? It's all as clear as mud when you've not done it before hey? But we have managed to get to almost six months without too much bother, but I have been distracted from counting the days by a medical issue, I need to get that sorted first.....

Good luck and fingers crossed

Is it just me or is the online 47sp form sooo infuriating. Have filled in sections 3 or 4 times only to have it disappear!!! Even though I have clicked save every 5 flipping seconds! And keeps logging out when I am looking up a date or some other info!!! I want to cry and bang my head On something!!!

We have booked ours for Feb 29th!! Just a small 'do' in a park. Thought we would be cutting that fine if they went to 14 months, but now looks like it will be ok (unless we have a more problematic technical hitch). Did you apply on line or in paper? And how did you get your medical done without the HAPID stuff? It's all as clear as mud when you've not done it before hey? But we have managed to get to almost six months without too much bother, but I have been distracted from counting the days by a medical issue, I need to get that sorted first.....

Good luck and fingers crossed

We applied online as quick as we could when the saw the price hike coming, and the HAP ID was there on the online system straightaway, which was why I went ahead and got my medical done ... I hadn't realised I was supposed to wait.

Good luck with your medical stuff, I hope it's not too stressful. I like that you see the upside of it being a distraction!

29th Feb is a nice idea, less anniversary presents to buy over the years ;) Our November date is the anniversary of our meeting, and also the anniversary of our engagement, so I'm committed to the symmetry of it all (for no particular reason!). Hopefully I won't have to rearrange. I'll wait another few months and then decide based on forum activity I guess - I found it very strange to have to pick a wedding date to fit with a visa, yet do it in a way that communicates the authenticity of the whole thing in preparation for the next visa. Thank god we're not into the big white wedding idea.

Anyway, the race is on! Good luck ...

@Eifster - get your stats in your signature line - or how else will I know if you are cheating!!

Our anniversary month of meeting is August (10 years this year!!), so would not be to good for a wedding in Oz - still a bit chilly. November will be good, and if you've not too much to organise (ie booking things that want huge nonrefundable deposits) you could still keep to the plan.

You have to see the upside of everything to get through a long distance relationship and visa application, and life in general!! Keep smiling I say......

Hi eifster

i I did the exact same thing getting my medical & character check straight away.

it didn't say until I was assigned a case officer to wait until August. By most applications granted

recently it looks as if 9+half months for grants so hopefully everyone who did them early should still be safe