SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Did the office close over Xmas period last year? If so I was thinking we would see Jan approvals soon. Anyone on here apply later then 20th Dec or the 1st week Jan? Also now we are looking at omni account applications so here's hoping low numbers at Xmas/new years and all paperwork being online may bring our waiting back to the 8 month mark not the 9th. I can hope anyway :)

Did the office close over Xmas period last year? If so I was thinking we would see Jan approvals soon. Anyone on here apply later then 20th Dec or the 1st week Jan? Also now we are looking at omni account applications so here's hoping low numbers at Xmas/new years and all paperwork being online may bring our waiting back to the 8 month mark not the 9th. I can hope anyway :)

Didn't your CO just tell you 9 months? I think you can still get cheapish flights up until 8th December. Even cheaper in January

it's a pain I know, I've been planing for a year...

Hi @Ronansmyth, when you say that emailed the general email address was this the familymigrationlondon************** email that was included on the original email or did you use the link at the bottom of the email next to the phone number for the department of immigration which takes you to a general form on the website? Going to try the general email first and if this does not work try the CO direct.

Edited by leftyandstumpy
forgot to address to person wanted to send note to

Hi @Ronansmyth, when you say that emailed the general email address was this the familymigrationlondon************** email that was included on the original email or did you use the link at the bottom of the email next to the phone number for the department of immigration which takes you to a general form on the website? Going to try the general email first and if this does not work try the CO direct.

Hi There,

I used the email rather than the link with the form, but it was using the CO's email address (which I will DM you) that actually worked.

Was just thinking its been quite! No one thats been on this forum lately applied end of Dec or early Jan. So besides poor escapeplan the next one we may see might not be for a few weeks. Am keeping fingers crossed those that applied mid Jan would come through early, the quicker theirs go through the quicker mine does lol

Hi all!

First time poster, long time reader. So, firstly, thanks to all those who have posted over the last few months, it's helped keep me sane to know that there are so many going through the same process!

Figured it was time I posted on here given my fiance and I should hopefully be nearing the end of our wait. Our details are:

Visa (subclass 300) acknowledged as received: Jan 29th 2014

Case Officer assigned (VF): March 3rd 2014

Police checks and Medicals done: end of April

So, we're currently at the 7.5 month mark (roughly). Am expecting it to come through towards the end of October, but of course hoping it comes through sooner! My fiance and I have been apart this whole time, and it's tough!

Good luck to those who are expecting a visa grant to come through any day now!! :-)

We (my Australian wife and 2 children who already have dual citizenship) fly out to Melbourne next Sunday (21st). We told our case officer a few weeks ago and hoping he is kind and grants my visa before we fly! Otherwise I'll have to go to NZ for a couple of days once we're in Melbourne.

Will definitely be checking my email a lot next week :)

Thanks Coxy...we're coming up on 14months apart now, so it's definitely tough. I did just get back from 2.5 weeks in England with him though, so that was lovely! :-)

Good luck for news this week ajg..we're 2-ish weeks behind you, so i'll cross my fingers extra hard for you!

Thanks Coxy...we're coming up on 14months apart now, so it's definitely tough. I did just get back from 2.5 weeks in England with him though, so that was lovely! :-)

Good luck for news this week ajg..we're 2-ish weeks behind you, so i'll cross my fingers extra hard for you!

same as me. will be 14 months apart by the time I get back to aus. It is really hard. I bet your glad your near the end now

same as me. will be 14 months apart by the time I get back to aus. It is really hard. I bet your glad your near the end now

Have you seen each other in the 14months? I'm extremely glad we're near the end, it's the only thing keeping both of us going at the moment! Prior to my recent trip it had been 6.5 months since i saw him, and leaving him the prior time had been so much harder...at least this time around we knew we only had about 8-9 weeks til we'd hear something, and he'll be on a plane as soon as the visa comes through!

Wedding planning has also kicked up into full gear, so that's helping pass the days!:smile:

Have you seen each other in the 14months? I'm extremely glad we're near the end, it's the only thing keeping both of us going at the moment! Prior to my recent trip it had been 6.5 months since i saw him, and leaving him the prior time had been so much harder...at least this time around we knew we only had about 8-9 weeks til we'd hear something, and he'll be on a plane as soon as the visa comes through!

Wedding planning has also kicked up into full gear, so that's helping pass the days!:smile:

no we haven't with the wedding and move just couldn't afford to. So I want the next 3-4 months to go very quick lol

Thought I'd drop our CO an email over the weekend to remind them that we are flying to Melbourne this Sunday. Had a reply and reading between the lines sounds like it will be closer to 9 months (which from the posts here seems to be the current timeframe - we're at 8 months and 3 days today).... So expecting to pay NZ a visit at some point in the next few weeks!

Not going to contact my CO again unless go beyond 9 months (12th October)....

no we haven't with the wedding and move just couldn't afford to. So I want the next 3-4 months to go very quick lol

Oh, how horrible, i'm so sorry...i'm extremely lucky that I was in a position where I was able to visit my other half during our wait. Here's hoping the next 3-4 months speed by for you!

Good luck @ajg73 !!!

Hi ajg73

We got the same reply by our CO RN

I was enquiring to see if they had all relevant info including medical as this was not showing up as received. RN's reply was they have all info including medical but advised that our criminal check will expire in January so will need to enter Oz before then.

She confirmed that processing times was around the 9 month mark so around 13/11 hopefully.

She also advised not to book any flights until visa approval