SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

jen and Coxy if you go to your settings on the top right of the page you can add a personal signature, which is where most people put their current timeline for others to view. Just like at the bottom of my replies.

Edited by tj1987

I was wondering how to do that will do when I get on the actual computer.

Jen did you get an email saying it was going to a senior case officer. Is that usual or does that depend on which co you have??

I know what you mean about Xmas I would prefer hubby to have time with family before starting work but it will depend how long it takes to get visa.

Thanks for the tip tj! :)

Coxy, my case officer was nice enough to tell me. I was on the phone with him almost every week, lol! I think he just referred it to the senior co, just so i wouldn't pester him :P

Edited by Jen14

A question on the medicals hoping someone could help with. I had my medical around 10 days ago and was told by the doctors everything was fine no issues and they sent it off the next day. I have just looked on my online immi account at the requested and received document list and it is still saying that evidence of health is requested. Does anyone know if this will be updated to received when my results are sent and if so how long this usually takes after having the medical? Not wanting to contact the CO to ask if received yet as know they sometimes do not like being contacted (but doctors stated there were no issues and sent them 10 days ago) but also want make sure nothing holds up the process.

A question on the medicals hoping someone could help with. I had my medical around 10 days ago and was told by the doctors everything was fine no issues and they sent it off the next day. I have just looked on my online immi account at the requested and received document list and it is still saying that evidence of health is requested. Does anyone know if this will be updated to received when my results are sent and if so how long this usually takes after having the medical? Not wanting to contact the CO to ask if received yet as know they sometimes do not like being contacted (but doctors stated there were no issues and sent them 10 days ago) but also want make sure nothing holds up the process.

Don't contact your CO to enquire after your medical. Its really not necessary. If the panel doc said all was well, just go with that. Your CO will contact you if they need to. If your medical is referred it is still dealt with within the timeframe of your visa application. The fact its not showing up for you atm does not mean there will be a delay or anything is being held up. Its a fair few months till you are close to grant time so just let them get on with things as they need to and don't worry about it :)

Don't contact your CO to enquire after your medical. Its really not necessary. If the panel doc said all was well, just go with that. Your CO will contact you if they need to. If your medical is referred it is still dealt with within the timeframe of your visa application. The fact its not showing up for you atm does not mean there will be a delay or anything is being held up. Its a fair few months till you are close to grant time so just let them get on with things as they need to and don't worry about it :)

As Snifter said, don't worry. I was told the same by my doctor and it was literally just that my immi account hadn't been updated. As it's the last step before being granted I know you just want to make sure everything is ok. Patience is definitely a virtue that i've had to learn.

Well, in goes the application, payment and supporting evidence! Just waiting for the wife, my sponsor, now to finish her forms online this weekend. Absolutely gutted about the increase in processing times of up to 14 months. It's really thrown a spanner in the works for us, but nevertheless we'll manage.

I can't help but feel that something is going to go horribly wrong haha.

Good luck!

When did you submit and how long before they asked for the medicals and Police check?

Thanks!

I submitted in early April. It took 7 weeks to be allocated a C.O and in the letter she sent me it told me to book the Health Check and police check for after 20th of August.

Well, in goes the application, payment and supporting evidence! Just waiting for the wife, my sponsor, now to finish her forms online this weekend. Absolutely gutted about the increase in processing times of up to 14 months. It's really thrown a spanner in the works for us, but nevertheless we'll manage.

I can't help but feel that something is going to go horribly wrong haha.

Welcome to the waiting game cch! We're at 8 months and 25 days of our quoted 8-9 month processing time. So, so close, but until we get that email with the grant we'll still worry that something is going to go wrong!

Maybe today will be our lucky day....

Welcome to the waiting game cch! We're at 8 months and 25 days of our quoted 8-9 month processing time. So, so close, but until we get that email with the grant we'll still worry that something is going to go wrong!

Thanks Wozziegirl!

Sounds like you're almost there, hang in there not long to go now.

8 months and 25 days for us too. Really hoping that it is granted next week!

Thought I'd join as getting pretty close (I hope!).

Stats are:

- Submitted online via ImmiAccount: 12th January 2014

- CO assigned (KP): 17th January 2014

- Medical and police checks submitted: 21st April 2014

Now about 7 1/2 months and will update when granted!

It's 271 days or 8 months and 28 days since we handed in Hubby's visa application.

I naively (or optimistically!) thought that if we submitted a complete application so no additional information would be needed, the visa might be granted earlier than that 8-9 month quoted processing time. When we emailed our CO to update her on some family information and to check that the medical and police check had been received and all was OK, the reply was very short - do not contact her again until the 8-9 months have passed. That was almost 5 months ago and we've done as we were told. Again, I thought that if we did the right thing and not contact our CO, Hubby's visa might come through closer to the 8 month mark. Fat lot of good that's done us!

So now here we are, just 3 days away from the 9 month mark and we're still waiting.... *sigh* :-|

I'm gutted for you. How frustrating being so close to 9 months. I too have submitted the same as you lets see fingers crossed the next email you open today will be the one ! I will be watching I honestly got excited when I saw you had posted thinking you had got it ... Today today today positive thoughts ....

Hi guys,

My application was recevied 3rd December and was granted 11th August so around the 8 months and a bit mark.

My application was accepted in person the day after Visavis' on the December 4.

It's now 3 weeks on from when their visa was granted, and my 9 months is up on Wednesday.

From reading this thread there's a few of us about to hit the 9 months mark this week - here's hoping they're ready for action up in Australia House this week!

Good luck to everyone who sounds like they are very close.

We'll be at 8 months next Friday….

We have only contacted our CO (KP) once, about 6 weeks ago, and that was to discuss fact that I will be flying to Melbourne on 21st September on a tourist visa with my Australia wife and children. If my visa isn't granted before we fly (will be 8 months and 9 days at that point so have everything crossed!) I'll then fly to NZ once we're in Australia for a few days to collect it.

CO was fine to discuss this and I gently asked if he could give an idea of when I could expect the visa and he held to the 8-9 month line. Wasn't expecting any other response to be honest!

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!

*bigfathappydance*

He got it! Hubby has had his visa granted and we're going home! :-)

I was on Skype to my Mum and Dad in Oz when hubby walked in with the email. I am so happy I could burst! Actually, I am - well, my eyes are! They keep leaking because I am so very, very happy.

Thanks everyone for your support and I hope this starts a new wave of grants coming through. @TheEscapePlan, you must be next... :-)

Happy day! Happy, happy day!

Edited by Wozziegirl
So hubby can share his news on here too! :-)