SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Emkas - the way the Washington DC embassy functions and the way London functions (since this is a UK board, most people posting here are applying through the London embassy) are very different. It's not uncommon to wait that long for a CO through DC these days. If you're interested in a similar board with a lot more Americans on it, you can PM me and I'll share it. Don't want to "advertise" it here publicly on a competing message board as I think that might not be appreciated. :)

Hi CollegeGirl,

I applied from Canada, any idea if the american site will help me too? and if so please could you PM it to me :)

We applied in March 14, via ImmiAccount, uploaded all the docs and havent heard anything since...

Thanks

Brian

We are looking at booking our flights very shortly and I have been doing some flight comparisons and was just wondering if anyone had used International Organisation of Migration (IOM) for flights? I vaguely recall seeing their name mentioned on a few threads as a company people have booked with so I was just wondering if that was the case how did you go about it and were they pretty good with price/baggage allowance or should I just book with airlines direct?

We are looking at booking our flights very shortly and I have been doing some flight comparisons and was just wondering if anyone had used International Organisation of Migration (IOM) for flights? I vaguely recall seeing their name mentioned on a few threads as a company people have booked with so I was just wondering if that was the case how did you go about it and were they pretty good with price/baggage allowance or should I just book with airlines direct?

They are the migrant flight company. Only the person with the visa gets the excess baggage and flights are limited to certain airlines/routes. Tbh I didn't find their prices any great saving and got the migrant baggage allowance with Singapore airlines anyway so booked with them myself. IOM use Malaysian and Emirates iirc.

I prefer the Singapore route and the airline and Singapore airlines still came in cheaper than the IOM prices and airlines. They offer 30kg as standard plus an extra 10kg migrant allowance for those with the correct visa.

Shop around I reckon.

Edited by Guest

Quick question- my PMV runs out end of April. What is the next step for me once I'm married? Many thanks.

To those waiting for their visa to come through I was in the same boat and the wait was killing me but now I'm here all that is quickly forgotten. It certainly does get better

Once married you apply for the partner visa.

They are the migrant flight company. Only the person with the visa gets the excess baggage and flights are limited to certain airlines/routes. Tbh I didn't find their prices any great saving and got the migrant baggage allowance with Singapore airlines anyway so booked with them myself. IOM use Malaysian and Emirates iirc.

I prefer the Singapore route and the airline and Singapore airlines still came in cheaper than the IOM prices and airlines. They offer 30kg as standard plus an extra 10kg migrant allowance for those with the correct visa.

Shop around I reckon.

Thanks Snifter....appreciate the response. We will probably just go with Singapore as we like the idea of doing the long leg first with the two kids and apparently Changi is one of the best airports for kids and their prices werent so bad. Here's hoping we can get the migrant baggage allowance for all of us as opposed to just my partner (only he has the visa the rest of us have aussie passports) - might have to do a bit of begging and pleading though :)

Quick question- my PMV runs out end of April. What is the next step for me once I'm married? Many thanks.

To those waiting for their visa to come through I was in the same boat and the wait was killing me but now I'm here all that is quickly forgotten. It certainly does get better

Once you're married you apply for the 820. If you're applying online (which I highly recommend), you simply tick a box in the application that asks if you're applying from a Prospective Marriage Visa, and you'll be charged the correct amount ($1145, versus the $4575 you'd be charged if not coming from a PMV). The wait time for PMV to 820 is short - a few days to a few weeks, generally - not more than 2 months max usually.

You do not need to provide medicals or police checks again unless they ask for them (which is very, very rare).

Edited by CollegeGirl

Once you're married you apply for the 820. If you're applying online (which I highly recommend), you simply tick a box in the application that asks if you're applying from a Prospective Marriage Visa, and you'll be charged the correct amount ($1145, versus the $4575 you'd be charged if not coming from a PMV). The wait time for PMV to 820 is short - a few days to a few weeks, generally - not more than 2 months max usually.

You do not need to provide medicals or police checks again unless they ask for them (which is very, very rare).

thats useful to know I thought I would of had to do the checks again

:)

Nope. I was particularly concerned about mine. My medicals were referred the first time round, and they were due to expire two months after we applied, and that date came and went with no grant for us (it's unusual for PMV-to-820 to take that long to be approved). So we were concerned. But they ended up approving it without making us do the medicals again. We were very relieved about that!

Thanks Snifter....appreciate the response. We will probably just go with Singapore as we like the idea of doing the long leg first with the two kids and apparently Changi is one of the best airports for kids and their prices werent so bad. Here's hoping we can get the migrant baggage allowance for all of us as opposed to just my partner (only he has the visa the rest of us have aussie passports) - might have to do a bit of begging and pleading though :)

You won't get it for anyone other than the visa holder. They already have a 30kg standard allowance. Honestly, I'd not worry about it. Just get the extra 10kg for the visa holder and go with it.

Changi is great. T1 has the pool on the hotel roof, skytrain to get between terminals and some fab play areas (check the website and maps for info).

I have recently opened an NAB account ready for when I move. One of the requirements is that your passport is stamped on entry by immigration. Has anyone with a PMV visa had there passport stamped on arrival or do you ask?

They usually know you are coming as its all on the system. If they don't stamp it, just ask them to and if need be, a brief explanation as to why.

I was on a partner visa and they had me on screen and showed me to a desk where they stamped my passport and checked me against their info and pic on screen etc.

Hi Guys, another newbie! Id first like to wish all those who are waiting heaps of patience! And congratulations to all who have received their visa, i hope you're enjoying your time with your loved one. A quick question to those who have applied via immi, i've just checked my account and it says 'approved' next to my name and 'processing' next to my fiancé's name. As you can imagine, i check it day and night, double checking whether or not the visa has been granted :P so does that mean I can get excited and expect to get a visa grant email soon?

p.s It has only been 6 months and a week since we've applied

Hi Guys, another newbie! Id first like to wish all those who are waiting heaps of patience! And congratulations to all who have received their visa, i hope you're enjoying your time with your loved one. A quick question to those who have applied via immi, i've just checked my account and it says 'approved' next to my name and 'processing' next to my fiancé's name. As you can imagine, i check it day and night, double checking whether or not the visa has been granted :P so does that mean I can get excited and expect to get a visa grant email soon?

p.s It has only been 6 months and a week since we've applied

Hello :)

I doubt it. PMV was running at about 8-9 months and I don't hear of them speeding up anywhere. This is assuming you are applying from the UK. I'd work to the timeframe they gave when you lodged.

Hi Jen, I'm at 6 months and a week too. The immi account will say approved for the Australian Visa holder and processing for the migrant until they're approved. Hopefully we're closer to the 8 month mark but from the looks of the people getting accepted it's nearer to the 9 month mark. Plus I've read that only 75% of visa's are approved within the given timeframe, which is another worry as I was looking to fly out at the end of November. All we can do is wait, which sucks ;)

Tj and jen when did you do your meds and police checks? Does anyone think it goes by date completed everything or order of first sent? Also hoping to see approvals posted soon there was alot a few weeks ago but seems to have gone quite. From the looks for things on forums they ars up to beginning of December.

Tj and jen when did you do your meds and police checks? Does anyone think it goes by date completed everything or order of first sent? Also hoping to see approvals posted soon there was alot a few weeks ago but seems to have gone quite. From the looks for things on forums they ars up to beginning of December.

Hi Coxy, it only goes by the date it was first processed. As long as meds and police certificates were sent in within the required time frame it would make no difference. Also it seems there isn't an exact order to it as people who apply on the same day fully loaded may be granted weeks apart. The only thing I have noticed is that a complete visa with no setbacks seems to rarely go over the time frame given by your CO.

Thanks for the replies guys! Well any excuse to get excited, lol! Just thought maybe, maaaybeee it means something. The wait is horrible! And, I cannot wait until it ends! Looks like theres a few of us who have applied during february. Fingers crossed! Hopefully we hear from them soon. I hate the fact that our lives are on hold :(

Will be interesting to see as I have noticed people applying same week have not got visa same week so there has to be other factors involved. Did wonder if completed all additional info sent was the reason. Surely someone that did the next day should be put infront of someone that took 2 months to send info back. I dont know why they dont disclose how it works and where you are in the queue as it is not fair the long wait with no info. Thankful we applied early this year dont know how I would cope with 14 month wait of new apps.

I heard about the 14 month wait, its ridiculous! So glad we applied early in the year! I cant quite remember the date in regards to the medical checks but all I know is that our application has been sent to the senior case officer for approval and has been four weeks now. As you said Coxy, I wish they would just tell us how it works. It would make everyones life so much easier!

I know what you mean, the hardest part is not being able to actively look for jobs as I have no exact time frame but it's so near to Christmas I think spending a little of the savings on enjoying our first months back in Oz will be the the way forward.

Coxy I don't envy anybody given that time frame, plus we thought 9 months was a long wait. 9 months doesn't make the mind think that, thats almost a year but 14 months seems like a lifetime.

Remember you get different CO's which means, one CO could be on holiday, another may be really busy etc so there are lots of variables.