SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi there! New to all this and to be honest I'm so clueless about it all :err: Basically I'm 22 and my boyfriend is 23, I'm a qualified dental nurse and he is a qualified plumber and we would love to emigrate to Oz! Is it a good idea to get a immigration lawyer to start the process for us? I don't even know where to begin! Suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks

Melissa

This is a thread for couples with an Aus spouse. If you are both British you are best starting a new thread to ask your questions.

SNAP!! 8 months 5 days too!!

Makes me think lots of folks at the Embassy are on holidays at the moment as not a lot of people appear to be getting approvals.........dang it!

Who is your CO by the way? We have VA and I emailed her about a month ago and the response was "on behalf of VA" but it said they were doing well with the 8-9 month timeline so we should hear within this period, but nothing so far.

Grrrrr......patience is a virtue and its only a guideline for this time period but geesh I wish it was sooner rather than later :)

Wish I had the "problem" of being at 8 months! ;)

I am 3 weeks in and just been allocated my CO. She's clearly read some if my documents as she has commented on the details of some of them.

So do we know when a decision is made? Has it already been made (subject to medical & police) and it just has to wait to get to the top of the pile in 8ish months?

Anyone have a feel of what stage of the process those who get a No are told?

8 months and 2 weeks tomorrow!!!!! I almost drop my phone every time my phone pings with a new email notification to find out it is just more junk mail!!!

Perspective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) Lodged by Australia house 11/11/2013. Case Officer assigned 12/12/2013. Health check completed 14/03/2014. Police Check sent 15/03/2014. Waiting.................................

Edited by Jamie King

I seem to be in the exact same boat as others on here, but maybe just a couple of weeks ahead. My wife is Aussie and we have been living together in the UK for about 8 years. I submitted my application on the 3rd of April, the money was taken instantly, but there has been radio silence since then.

I was not sure if I should be worried as that was just over 5 weeks ago now, but reading this thread has made me feel slightly better.

We're not planning to move until mid 2015, but I am going to a friend's wedding in Melbourne in January, so will need to work out how that works too...

Fingers crossed for everyone else in the same position!

Im in the same boat as you ronan my wife is aussie we been married 10 years but im all ready in oz it took 5 weeks for me to receive a conformation letter and I have been told it can take 9 to 13 months for it to be processed not sure if different time frame onshore/offshore

Makes me think lots of folks at the Embassy are on holidays at the moment as not a lot of people appear to be getting approvals.........dang it!

Who is your CO by the way? We have VA and I emailed her about a month ago and the response was "on behalf of VA" but it said they were doing well with the 8-9 month timeline so we should hear within this period, but nothing so far.

Grrrrr......patience is a virtue and its only a guideline for this time period but geesh I wish it was sooner rather than later :)

Oooh yeah it's summer hols so maybe. Grrrrr! I hate Fridays!! 2 days of definitely no emails!! My CO is LG...

Just a little update... I am at the 8 month mark tomorrow! I'm already in Australia..I emailed CO asking how long I needed to be offshore when/if granted and whether I would get temp or perm visa- been with husband for 10 years and have 3 kids together. This is my response from CO "You will need to be offshore for me to grant your visa, I will send you an email nearer the time to let you know but just to advise that you will need to be outside of Australia for a minimum of 3 working days. You will be granted a permanent visa straight away"

sound promising?!

Hi what visa are you on at the momment I have bee married for 10 years to an aussie I am currently on a 457 visa ans have applyed for a 820 partner visa

But I have not been told anything about having to be offshore when visa is granted

Thanks alan

Hi what visa are you on at the momment I have bee married for 10 years to an aussie I am currently on a 457 visa ans have applyed for a 820 partner visa

But I have not been told anything about having to be offshore when visa is granted

Thanks alan

If you applied on shore for a partner visa you can be onshore for grant. Its if it was an offshore partner visa then you have to be outside Australia for its actual grant.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/801-820.aspx

The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801). You must be in Australia when you apply and also when this visa is decided.

Hi All! I've been lurking for a while so i thought i would get involved. I applied for my partner visa (BC 100) back in February of this year, I've completed police checks/medicals etc etc. My CO has told me that i am going to be granted the visa and it is just a case of waiting now :wacko:, he's quoted 8-9 months, which seems to be the standard response. The waiting is killing me, haha! I'm hoping my visa will be granted in October so we can get moving. My wife may have a job in QLD starting this October, so i'm hoping my wife and son don't have to leave without me. I would miss them terribly, but it would also be unfortunate for my wife to miss out on such a great job opportunity.

Good luck everybody.

Hi what visa are you on at the momment I have bee married for 10 years to an aussie I am currently on a 457 visa ans have applyed for a 820 partner visa But I have not been told anything about having to be offshore when visa is granted Thanks alan
I applied in UK so need to be out of Australia when it's granted-(can just go to NZ or something for a few days). If you applied in Australia then you can stay and it will be automatically granted there.

Had a case officer assigned 4 Feb 2014 so the wait is tougher as it gets further in, havent heard anything at all from my CO, is that good or bad? I intend going over to OZ in mid August to start job hunting etc but you do get this awful feeling in your stomach that it may not happen, medicals and Police checks all good in early May, its just tough not hearing anything, anyone else feeling the same?

Had a case officer assigned 4 Feb 2014 so the wait is tougher as it gets further in, havent heard anything at all from my CO, is that good or bad? I intend going over to OZ in mid August to start job hunting etc but you do get this awful feeling in your stomach that it may not happen, medicals and Police checks all good in early May, its just tough not hearing anything, anyone else feeling the same?

Hi! I applied end of February and don't expect to have my visa granted until at least end of October. As far as I can gather you are looking at 8-9 months. I think we might get lucky at the 8 month mark as the Australian financial year starts 1st July, meaning that the quota for the year has been re-set. Fingers crossed and good luck.

Have you been requested to undergo your medical and carry out your police check yet? If not I think you need contact you CO. What visa are you applying for?

Edited by Leesweeting
additional info

I had my meds and Police check done early may as requested and heard nothing back, though have no Police or medical issues, I was asked to supply a copy of my Decree absolute at the same time which i did, and that was it, havent heard anything since, my visa is prospective marriage my fiance is Australian and i am from the UK :-)

I had my meds and Police check done early may as requested and heard nothing back, though have no Police or medical issues, I was asked to supply a copy of my Decree absolute at the same time which i did, and that was it, havent heard anything since, my visa is prospective marriage my fiance is Australian and i am from the UK :-)

No news us good news I guess. The partner visas are taking around 8-9 months at the moment. So I guess you'll hear once they are able to grant your visa. There's no harm in sending your CO an e- mail though, I'm sure he will let you know how your application is progressing.

I am with Go Matilda and they have been great so far, but its tough not hearing anything at all since early May, it would be nice to just hear that your app is all good and you just need to wait, it would be a tough call to wait all this time and get a no ! Good luck with your app too :-)

I am with Go Matilda and they have been great so far, but its tough not hearing anything at all since early May, it would be nice to just hear that your app is all good and you just need to wait, it would be a tough call to wait all this time and get a no ! Good luck with your app too :-)

Thanks. :-) I done my application myself through the immi site. So I have been able to talk with my CO, who has told me my application is good and I just need to wait for a grant date now. So I've been put at ease :-) I know it's just a waiting game now. I'm sure you will be ok now. I'm sure you would have heard by now if there was any problems with your application. :-)

Hi @Leesweeting, do you mind sharing the initals of your CO? Through reading many posts we have found it seems to be best not to contact your CO so that the process isn't slowed down any but in your case it seems you've had a great CO to have told you that you are now waiting on moving up the approval pile!!! Did you ask many questions or just the one to see how you were progressing? Fingers crossed you are approved soon :) Thanks in advance for any info you are able to provide.

I sent my application in on the 18 december but I still dont have a case officer do you think I should ring them ?

Is this an on shore application? If so, its quite probable you won't hear from a CO till nearer the end of the timeframe. 8 months in for onshore, leaves 5 months or so more quite possibly as it can be a 13 month wait for visa grant.

Its quite normal not to hear anything till visa grant. You are far from alone in not hearing.

If you've done your medical and police check and have not had a request to provide further information, it is pretty much at waiting game till grant time. More supporting evidence info would have been requested early on and it does not happen to everyone.

You need to inform your CO (or the contact email they give you) of your plans to head to Aus and give them the dates of travel. Also don't leave applying for a tourist visa too close to the date. Ensure your email contact is valid as they will then need to liase with you to go offshore for visa grant. I'm not sure job hunting till you actually have a granted visa will be much use but I guess it depends on your field of work and other things.

ETA - I never felt the visa would not be granted. I accepted it was an 8-9 month wait and could drag but I had provided all the evidence required, supplied more info when it was requested (we thought they would ask for these extra things so had them ready in case), police check was fine. My medical was referred (as expected, even with an A rating) but again, knew it was 2-3 months till they would get to that and that it would be fine once they did. I got my visa granted at the 7 month mark, so earlier than anticipated. We didn't leave till a couple of months later anyways. These days visa grants do seem to be taking the full 8-9 months so don't bank on earlier.

If everything is in order with your application, if you know you ticked all the boxes of evidence etc supplied and your medical and police check were good, its a waiting game :) Hang in there.

Edited by Guest