SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi everyone, this is my first post to the forums so please be gentle with me.

Does anyone know how they pick who gets the visa approval next? Is it just which ever ones they feel like approving?

The reason I ask is I have seen some people on here have been getting approval around the 7 months and CONGRATULATIONS to them.

I lodged mine on the 16th October 2013 so currently have been waiting 8 months and 1 week.

Cheers

Scott

Hi everyone, this is my first post to the forums so please be gentle with me.

Does anyone know how they pick who gets the visa approval next? Is it just which ever ones they feel like approving?

The reason I ask is I have seen some people on here have been getting approval around the 7 months and CONGRATULATIONS to them.

I lodged mine on the 16th October 2013 so currently have been waiting 8 months and 1 week.

Cheers

Scott

I would have thought they would be granted in order, But i suppose it would depend on the application too. If more information was need initially it may take a little longer. Ours was pretty straightforward (i think anyway). 8-10 Months was given to us as a wait but we didn't have to send anymore information to them.

Good luck and i hope you hear something soon!

Emma

Hey guys, congrats on all the recent grants, so happy for you! :)

We spoke to our CO today to check how things were going (having done medical and police checks last week) and she's said that Ronnies medicals have been referred... Anyone know much about this? We have no idea what they would have been referred for as he is in good health the only thing is that he wears glasses?! We don't want to keep bugging the CO so if anyone has an idea how long this can take or if we can contact anyone to find out the timeframe/reason we'd appreciate anyones experiences :)

She said that she will finalise the application once the meds are clear so you can understand why we are anxious/curious!

Referred medicals usually take a couple of months, sometimes 3 to get looked at. If there is anything of concern they will contact you. If you don't hear anything, take it as good news and sit tight to wait for visa grant. Whichever way it goes, they sort out referred medicals within the timeframe to the grant, it should not hold it up. Hence if it's all ok once they look at it you never hear anything from them.

My medical was referred even with an A rating (as good as it gets medical rating wise but expected), was looked over a couple of months later, all ok and visa granted a few weeks later, all well within the 8-9 month time frame.

Did the panel doc give any indication as to why it might be referred? BMI over a certain amount is an automatic referral for example. Your CO won't/can't usually tell you why it's referred or give you any info as it's not something they deal with. It's out of their hands so to speak. I'd not worry overly, just wait and see if you hear from them regarding it.

Hi all I was wondering if anyone had been allowed to work on the bridging visa A. I'm going over on a pmv visa I can work on that. But you can't work on the BVA so would you leave your job? Can you not work till your partner visa comes through.

Reading the info it seems to indicate you have the same conditions as your previous substantive visa.

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/010.aspx

It no longer matters which visa you start out on - for the last couple of years, people on the BVA who have applied for a partner visa have full work rights regardless of the work rights (or lack thereof) of their previous visa. Any of the migration agents on this forum will confirm this. You'll be able to keep your job with no problem, Chloe.

Edited by CollegeGirl

Sorry, snifter, that's not correct. It no longer matters which visa you start out on - for the last couple of years, people on the BVA who have applied for a partner visa have full work rights. Any of the migration agents on this forum will confirm this. You'll be able to keep your job with no problem, Chloe.

ok thank you so much for your reply.

Well, after 8 months & 9 days (but hey, who's counting) my partner visa has just been granted!

All details below in my signature but a quick recap:

- applied 22/10/13 in London for the 309/100 visa and got the 309 visa granted today 01/07/14 via email

- CO was DP

- I never once contacted my CO, not even to check the medicals & police checks had arrived. I just assumed they had after I got the police checks sent back & my cover note for them had mentioned that I completed the medical check as well.

Celebrations tonight & then time to finalise all our plans. Looks like we'll be flying out mid-September!

Fingers crossed for everybody that's still waiting!

Well, after 8 months & 9 days (but hey, who's counting) my partner visa has just been granted!

- applied 22/10/13 in London for the 309/100 visa and got the 309 visa granted today 01/07/14 via email

- CO was DP

- I never once contacted my CO, not even to check the medicals & police checks had arrived. I just assumed they had after I got the police checks sent back & my cover note for them had mentioned that I completed the medical check as well.

Celebrations tonight & then time to finalise all our plans. Looks like we'll be flying out mid-September!

Wow!!!! Huge congrats! We lodged the 22/10/13 so the counting is happening here too haha. Congrats again!

- CO was DP

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS :-)

I lodged 16th October so hoping to hear soon to?

CO is SV, does anyone else have them as haven't seen the initials crop up?

- CO was DP

Yes!! Fantastic, congratulations! Enjoy the celebrations and getting everything sorted for going!

WE GOT IT!! Finally, after 8 months and 10 days, it arrived today.

We kept our CO informed in May that we were applying for an eVistor Visa for my husband, as we had no choice but to fly out on the 17th of July (my UK visa was expiring). He asked us to contact him the first week of July if we hadn't yet heard from him, so my hubby emailed him first thing this morning.

Within 2 hours he had a response email, which looked like an out of office, and the Visa was attached. I'm still shaking with excitement!!

Everything is booked and ready to go, now to just relax, put our feet up and enjoy the last 16 days in the country!

WE GOT IT!! Finally, after 8 months and 10 days, it arrived today.

We kept our CO informed in May that we were applying for an eVistor Visa for my husband, as we had no choice but to fly out on the 17th of July (my UK visa was expiring). He asked us to contact him the first week of July if we hadn't yet heard from him, so my hubby emailed him first thing this morning.

Within 2 hours he had a response email, which looked like an out of office, and the Visa was attached. I'm still shaking with excitement!!

Everything is booked and ready to go, now to just relax, put our feet up and enjoy the last 16 days in the country!

:D excellent. Looks like its perfect timing. Congrats!

Hi everyone! :cute:

I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm doing this right! I spent the morning reading a lot of your posts and found it to be very helpful so I would like to post the update for my visa 309/100 application.

I am Australian and my boyfriend of nearly 3 years is Scottish.

Applied offshore from Ireland via London with a migration agent on March 20th 2014.

Police Clearances were all done in February and submitted with the application (the migration agent told us to do this but a lot of people seem to have been told to wait until after applying to do this. We needed three- Australia, Belgium, and Ireland)

Medical done and submitted on April 7th 2014

CO assigned on May 2nd 2014

CO is KC

Estimated time frame she gave us is 8-9 months

We went with a migration agent because we had a lot of documents from living in 3 different countries together in the last 3 years and were feeling very overwhelmed. We were originally told processing time was just 5 months by the migration agent and then she emailed us at the beginning of June to say we had been assigned a case officer (four weeks after she had been assigned) and to expect it to now take an extra four months. We were devastated by this news but after reading up on here and other forums, 8-9months seems to have been the consistent time frame for applications for at least the last year so I don't know why she would have ever told us 5months.

Despite this, we are staying with our original plans of moving to Australia in October 2014 but on a tourist visa, so I can work whilst my partner waits for his visa to come through.

Has anyone else done this? And are there normally delays with visas coming through around the christmas period? Going by the dates we would expect it between November 20th-December 20th. Does anyone else have KC as their case officer?

We are also planning on meeting with the migration agent in August to go through our plans of moving to Australia on the tourist visa and want to change our details to us being the primary contact from the CO instead of her as we don't trust her to be a reliable source of contact. Does anyone know if this is complicated? I think there's forms to be signed and filled in to transfer the contact details :confused:

Thanks everyone, and congratulations to everyone that has finally had their visas approved!! :)

Hi everyone!

Applied offshore from Ireland via London with a migration agent on March 20th 2014.

Police Clearances were all done in February and submitted with the application (the migration agent told us to do this but a lot of people seem to have been told to wait until after applying to do this. We needed three- Australia, Belgium, and Ireland)

CO is KC

We went with a migration agent because we had a lot of documents from living in 3 different countries together in the last 3 years and were feeling very overwhelmed. We were originally told processing time was just 5 months by the migration agent and then she emailed us at the beginning of June to say we had been assigned a case officer (four weeks after she had been assigned) and to expect it to now take an extra four months. We were devastated by this news but after reading up on here and other forums, 8-9months seems to have been the consistent time frame for applications for at least the last year so I don't know why she would have ever told us 5months.

Despite this, we are staying with our original plans of moving to Australia in October 2014 but on a tourist visa, so I can work whilst my partner waits for his visa to come through.

Has anyone else done this? And are there normally delays with visas coming through around the christmas period? Going by the dates we would expect it between November 20th-December 20th. Does anyone else have KC as their case officer?

We are also planning on meeting with the migration agent in August to go through our plans of moving to Australia on the tourist visa and want to change our details to us being the primary contact from the CO instead of her as we don't trust her to be a reliable source of contact. Does anyone know if this is complicated? I think there's forms to be signed and filled in to transfer the contact details

Plenty of people go over on a tourist visa and wait for their grant to come through. Then head off shore for grant to happen.

Ensure you get the tourist visa in plenty of time and inform your CO of your plans. I don't know the ins and outs of removing your agent but hopefully others could help there.

That your agent told you 5 months when it's been 8-9 for a long time now is a bit strange. I don't recall 5 months being the norm for well over 2 years now, if not nearer 3. You won't have much time to validate but as it's a case of going off shore then it should all work out as you liaise re dates and so on and get a bit of notice.

The office does shut down for Christmas and new year iirc but they work as usual in the run up from what I read. You have a month before so hopefully it'll get granted in advance of Christmas and getting off shore should be ok.

Plenty of people go over on a tourist visa and wait for their grant to come through. Then head off shore for grant to happen.

Ensure you get the tourist visa in plenty of time and inform your CO of your plans. I don't know the ins and outs of removing your agent but hopefully others could help there.

That your agent told you 5 months when it's been 8-9 for a long time now is a bit strange. I don't recall 5 months being the norm for well over 2 years now, if not nearer 3. You won't have much time to validate but as it's a case of going off shore then it should all work out as you liaise re dates and so on and get a bit of notice.

The office does shut down for Christmas and new year iirc but they work as usual in the run up from what I read. You have a month before so hopefully it'll get granted in advance of Christmas and getting off shore should be ok.

Thanks for your reply, that eased my mind a bit :) I don't know why we were ever told 5 months, she was very certain about this as well and said it should only vary two weeks either way. She said it was possible to change but that her updates had told her 5 months was the normal average.

We're really hoping to have it before Christmas but still preparing for the worst case scenario where it might take longer. Do you think 4-6weeks is enough notice to give the CO of our intentions or should we inform them sooner?

Thank you again :)

Hi everyone! :cute:

I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm doing this right! I spent the morning reading a lot of your posts and found it to be very helpful so I would like to post the update for my visa 309/100 application.

CO is KC

We are also planning on meeting with the migration agent in August to go through our plans of moving to Australia on the tourist visa and want to change our details to us being the primary contact from the CO instead of her as we don't trust her to be a reliable source of contact. Does anyone know if this is complicated? I think there's forms to be signed and filled in to transfer the contact details :confused:

Thanks everyone, and congratulations to everyone that has finally had their visas approved!! :)

I was was told the same 5 months was the waiting time. It still says that on the immi.gov website. When I got my co she told me 8-9 months also. So me and my fiancé where very disappointed. We've been waiting nearly three months and it's driving us crazy. I was thinking of going over on a tourist visa if it's not back in time for Christmas. But was not sure how it works cos what would you put on your declare form cos you are intending to go over permantly but you'd only Be on a tourist visa