SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

For some reason when I typed the address in it asked me for username but when I clicked on the link on my previous comment it took me to old HAP ID log in so managed to access account but it's just showing referral letter generated when I entered my medical history. Is this what you see or can you see an overview/status on yours?

It is basically the same referral letter but now with the photo that was taken at the medical and a section "Health Case Status" that gives the date the medical was submitted to DIBP, as well as listing the "Examinations required for this visa application", their Exam status (completed) & the clinic where I took the medical.

It is basically the same referral letter but now with the photo that was taken at the medical and a section "Health Case Status" that gives the date the medical was submitted to DIBP, as well as listing the "Examinations required for this visa application", their Exam status (completed) & the clinic where I took the medical.

Ok, thanks. That's not showing on mine at all.

Bit of an update; I sent off my application 10/2/14, received an email 14/3/14 from my CO notifying me that he was now in charge of my application and informing us to wait 2-3 months before getting the medical/police checks done, received a letter in the post on 17/3/14 containing our evidence of a true relationship (photo's, bills and correspondence etc.) which was a surprise as I was under the impression we wouldn't get this back, so we emailed the CO who replied that our application was going well and he no longer needed the evidence. All in all I feel a WHOLE lot better now... I hope the next 8-9 months goes quickly!!

I contacted the clinic where I had my medical and received a message saying medical was submitted on 18th and granted an A status, does this stand for approved? Also, I have just noticed on the emedical referral page it states my visa as BC 100 - Spouse (Permanent) rather than 309/100, does this mean I have skipped the temporary visa stage or am I just being optimistic? My partner and I have been together for nearly 3 1/2 years and lived together for 2 years out in Australia before I returned to apply for defacto visa.

Hi Guys,

Good news. I GOT THE VISA THIS MORNING!!!!Still can't believe it :-)). I' am so so so happy. After 8 months and 17 days but hey who's counting... . I'm really glad I have discovered this forum it really helps to cope with this agonizing waiting.

Fingers crossed for everyone else who's still waiting.

Mary xxx

Congrats Mary!! That's such exciting news!! :biggrin:

Dave and I applied for our 309/100 application from the London office the same day as you - 2nd July 2013 but we've heard nothing. Did you get any indication that you were in the final queue? We've submitted police checks and medicals (beginning of October) with no problems but our case office has said not to contact her with any questions until after April. We're hoping that in April we'll have a date.

I've heard that some people get an idea of when it will be approved. I'd love to know soon, as I want to be home for my mum's birthday in May and I have no idea if it will be approved in time.

Thanks!

I contacted the clinic where I had my medical and received a message saying medical was submitted on 18th and granted an A status, does this stand for approved? Also, I have just noticed on the emedical referral page it states my visa as BC 100 - Spouse (Permanent) rather than 309/100, does this mean I have skipped the temporary visa stage or am I just being optimistic? My partner and I have been together for nearly 3 1/2 years and lived together for 2 years out in Australia before I returned to apply for defacto visa.

In relation to your classification as 100 (perm) as opposed to 309 (temp) we are in the same position (my partner and I have been together over 4 years and living together 2 months shy of 4 years) - I emailed my CO the other day to ask whether my partner would be considered 100 as opposed to 309 given the length of our relationship and 2 kids together and she responded to say she has assessed our application as 100 given the length of our relationship so no doubt your CO has done the same given you guys have been together over a certain number of years but he/she just hasnt told you (we wouldnt have been told if i hadnt asked) - so yep you skip the temp visa stage and get perm straight away. If you want clarification just send a short email to your CO asking him/her if that is the case - it wont hurt and gives you peace of mind :)

In relation to your classification as 100 (perm) as opposed to 309 (temp) we are in the same position (my partner and I have been together over 4 years and living together 2 months shy of 4 years) - I emailed my CO the other day to ask whether my partner would be considered 100 as opposed to 309 given the length of our relationship and 2 kids together and she responded to say she has assessed our application as 100 given the length of our relationship so no doubt your CO has done the same given you guys have been together over a certain number of years but he/she just hasnt told you (we wouldnt have been told if i hadnt asked) - so yep you skip the temp visa stage and get perm straight away. If you want clarification just send a short email to your CO asking him/her if that is the case - it wont hurt and gives you peace of mind :)

Thank you for your response, I hope so! I will contact my CO :)

We have moved to Australia already. When our visa is about to be granted does anyone know what will happen? I remember reading something about it but I can't find the original post (after 2 hours I give up). From what I remember they email us to let us know we need to leave the country. Do they give us a certain time to exit the country or do we leave the country and then advise them when out? We still have another couple of months to go but with 3 kids under 3 we need to plan. :err:

I wasn't aware this was even an option, do they usually only do this for couples that have children or is it anyone they believe to be in a true long term relationship? My partner and I have been together almost 6 years and are planning to get married in 2015 but have no children. Are you aware of any certain criteria needed to waive the temp portion?

A grade status is good. It's not approved, means it usually isn't referred. Someone will still look

It over but nothing of note was flagged iykwim.

I wasn't aware this was even an option, do they usually only do this for couples that have children or is it anyone they believe to be in a true long term relationship? My partner and I have been together almost 6 years and are planning to get married in 2015 but have no children. Are you aware of any certain criteria needed to waive the temp portion?

There is a timeframe requirement for going straight to PR. Plenty of people meet it and gain PR from the off, myself included.

If you have lived together 6 years you should meet the timeframe requirement on all being well will go on to PR. Iirc it's 3 years or longer together or if you have children together or some such. It does tell you somewhere in the booklet or website about it.

The visa website says the following when applying for a 309/100 visa:

A permanent Partner visa can be granted earlier (ie it waives the 2 year temp visa) if either:

when you apply, you have been in a relationship with your partner for more than three years, or more than two years if there is a dependent child of your relationship

your spouse or de facto partner dies, the relationship would have continued if they had not died, and you have developed close business, cultural or personal ties in Australia

the relationship breaks down and there is a child of the relationship for whom you share responsibility

the relationship breaks down due to family violence

your partner has been granted a permanent humanitarian visa, and before it was granted:

you were married to them or in a de facto relationship with them and;

you told us about the relationship.

Just curious though - would you apply for the partner visa or the prospective marriage visa given your plans to marry in 2015? I am not sure how that changes the requirements but I am sure given the length of your relationship there shouldn't be any probs with getting a permanent visa over a temporary one.

The visa website says the following when applying for a 309/100 visa:

A permanent Partner visa can be granted earlier (ie it waives the 2 year temp visa) if either:

when you apply, you have been in a relationship with your partner for more than three years, or more than two years if there is a dependent child of your relationship

your spouse or de facto partner dies, the relationship would have continued if they had not died, and you have developed close business, cultural or personal ties in Australia

the relationship breaks down and there is a child of the relationship for whom you share responsibility

the relationship breaks down due to family violence

your partner has been granted a permanent humanitarian visa, and before it was granted:

you were married to them or in a de facto relationship with them and;

you told us about the relationship.

Just curious though - would you apply for the partner visa or the prospective marriage visa given your plans to marry in 2015? I am not sure how that changes the requirements but I am sure given the length of your relationship there shouldn't be any probs with getting a permanent visa over a temporary one.

We chose to apply for the partner visa instead of the prospective marriage visa for two main reasons, 1 - It gives you a 9 month time frame in which to get married, 9 months, and " because from what I understand we would then have to apply for a very similar visa to the partner visa which really increased costs and seemed unnecessary considering we could just apply for this visa and get married whilst on it.

Thank you for the info we have lived together the entire length of our relationship as we met whilst travelling so hopefully we will be given this option, I will get my bf to email the CO and find out!

Has anyone submitted visa application November 2013?

We have completed health and character check last month heard nothing from case worker since.

:chatterbox:

Hi Emmie, I applied in Dec 2013. I emailed my police checks to CO and let her know medical was completed but didn't hear back so I sent a follow up email and CO emailed back confirming all had been received. From what I have heard I don't think COs will generally contact you unless they need more info so don't worry but it's worth contacting your CO to put your mind at rest!

Hi Naomisimone, I am just really impatient :cool: I did message CO to make sure they had received all documents and they said they had. So is good in a way that i haven't heard anything. Im just the only one left in the family to sort now, then we'll be one step closer

We have completed health and character check last month heard nothing from case worker since.

Hi Emmie2010

We lodged 18 Nov 13 and my partner is doing his health check next week (our CO asked not to have it done till after 10 April) and we are sending off his request for police check next week also for the same reason.

Like someone else has said I too have read many a posts where people say they hear nothing from their CO for many months between doing the checks and getting approval so I don't imagine we will hear anything until August time unfortunately :( (well except to confirm receipt of our checks when we send them in).

I am am impatient too and hate the waiting game - I desperately want to go home and my partner is ready to leave as well. Waiting another 4/5 months before finding out and then more time till we actually leave is killing me!

Good luck with your application and hopefully in a few months we are both posting our good news of approvals :)

This is normal. They won't contact you unless there need something or there is a problem :) Even if your medical was referred, it would be looked at within the time frame and they would let you know if they needed anything else medical wise in plenty of time.

Hi just wondering if someone knows answer to the following - if im in Australia on a tourist visa when my 309 visa is granted rather than leave Aust to a nearby place like bali and re entering to validate the visa can i return to uk for say a few months to finaluse my affairs then return to Aust . Would this still be ok re validating visa as long as i do this before the 12 months from medical and character checks are completed? Id rather do this than have to go to expense of more airfares etc. Hope this question makes sense! Many thanks.

Hi just wondering if someone knows answer to the following - if im in Australia on a tourist visa when my 309 visa is granted rather than leave Aust to a nearby place like bali and re entering to validate the visa can i return to uk for say a few months to finaluse my affairs then return to Aust . Would this still be ok re validating visa as long as i do this before the 12 months from medical and character checks are completed? Id rather do this than have to go to expense of more airfares etc. Hope this question makes sense! Many thanks.

Yes you can, that is absolutely not a problem. As long as you leave for at least 3 working days, you can leave for as long as you want to and go where-ever you wish. Just make sure that you validate the visa before the Health/PCC checks expires, which-ever is first!