SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

We applied for my partners 309/100 visa with the London embassy on 18 Nov 2013 and were assigned a case officer on 28 Jan 2014. They asked for some additional information about my Italian passport (specifically details of my grandparents and my father's birth certificate) not long after and set a date for when they would like my partner to get his health check and police check done (mid-late april).

I am just curious as to why they would want more details about my Italian passport - I have an Aussie passport obviously (born and bred) but I am living in the UK (and have been the past 7 years) on my Italian passport. The information they are after was all provided to the Italian embassy when I got my passport from them almost a decade ago. There is no doubt that I will be returning to live in Oz with my partner and our two kids and the Italian passport was more so I could travel through Europe and live/work in the UK for a few years, so I am just a little unsure of why they would want this extra information. Has anyone else found this or have some advice/suggestions?

thanks

Amanda

We applied for my partners 309/100 visa with the London embassy on 18 Nov 2013 and were assigned a case officer on 28 Jan 2014. They asked for some additional information about my Italian passport (specifically details of my grandparents and my father's birth certificate) not long after and set a date for when they would like my partner to get his health check and police check done (mid-late april).

I am just curious as to why they would want more details about my Italian passport - I have an Aussie passport obviously (born and bred) but I am living in the UK (and have been the past 7 years) on my Italian passport. The information they are after was all provided to the Italian embassy when I got my passport from them almost a decade ago. There is no doubt that I will be returning to live in Oz with my partner and our two kids and the Italian passport was more so I could travel through Europe and live/work in the UK for a few years, so I am just a little unsure of why they would want this extra information. Has anyone else found this or have some advice/suggestions?

thanks

Amanda

Very interesting - we applied for the same Visa in London just a month before you & my partner also has dual citizenship but wasn't asked to provide any additional information about his EU passport...

Hi Desmond,

I am a June the 26th 2013 applicant - tried and indirect question to the case office trying to get any info out of them regarding a decision. Unfortunately there was nothing in their response to indicate a decision. Hoping I hear something soon - just need to know now and start planning. The wait on a decision is an absolute killer!

Very interesting - we applied for the same Visa in London just a month before you & my partner also has dual citizenship but wasn't asked to provide any additional information about his EU passport...

Hmmmmmmmm, its not like I tried to hide I had it, I declared it and included a certified copy and everything so it is a bit interesting. Maybe its just the case officer's personal decision or something. Odd. I send off the additional information they asked for about it tomorrow so I guess its just a waiting game to see why she wanted it and if there are any problems (there shouldnt be). But thanks for letting me know your experience.

By the way - good luck getting your approval, I hope it all goes well for you :)

Right back at you Desmond - also hope you will be hearing shortly! I guess, going by the 8 month and two week mark, I should be about a week out from hearing something at earliest.

Its just the longer it takes the more you start to worry, I'm pretty sure we've all been through the same emotions while waiting for that all important grant decision.

Any June / July 2013 applicants out there waiting? The long wait is almost over :biggrin:

We placed our application on the 2nd of July 2013 with the London Office and still waiting....I can't wait for the waiting to be finally over. Hopefully is just a matter of days...Lets stay positive

Got my visa grant notification by email about half an hour ago and thought I'd best post on here ASAP to share the good news and reassure all of you who applied late June / early July that the wait is nearly over!

Now I can book some flights!! :jiggy:

themod53: I'm sure you applied around the same time as I did - hopefully this means you'll be getting yours through any day now!

Edited by Macclesfield
excitement induced typo

Does anyone know going by posts on here if partner visa 309/100 is refused when are people advised ? is it usually early on or towards the end of the processing time - which i think as it currently stands 8/9 months? Wed really like to sell house here around june /july while weather is at its best and visa due for approval approx sept/oct. No CO assigned yet, im expecting this about next month or so as we only put our application in mid Feb. I would think a CO would let us know early on if they needed further info or any problrms with the applicatiln?

Does anyone know going by posts on here if partner visa 309/100 is refused when are people advised ? is it usually early on or towards the end of the processing time - which i think as it currently stands 8/9 months? Wed really like to sell house here around june /july while weather is at its best and visa due for approval approx sept/oct. No CO assigned yet, im expecting this about next month or so as we only put our application in mid Feb. I would think a CO would let us know early on if they needed further info or any problrms with the applicatiln?

If you supplied all the required documents, supporting evidence, filled out all the application forms and are a genuine couple, I don't think you'll have much cause to worry. Sit tight, wait to do your medical and police check when asked and so long as those are fine, try not to worry.

If your CO requires more evidence to help them make a decision they ask for it early on, usually when they first get in touch. You are given a timeframe to reply with the information. If they don't ask for any and you know the stuff you already submitted is good, you should be fine. Of course, no one can say for definite, but honestly, if you have the evidence etc and are genuine,the chances of it being declined are very slim.

Hi forum.

I am in the process with my wife as well. (309-100 subclass)

Initially planned to do it onshore but wifes tourist visa had 'no further stay clause' which shot that to pieces.

Now we decided to wait in China and applied in August so we are around 6-7 months into the wait, no interview as yet.

From what I have read here once approved my wife has around 3 months to enter Australia, sounds more or less accurate?

My question is can that be just a quick in and out or do we have to stay in Australia until the 100 subclass is reviewed? (which as I understand will occur in August 2015).

Thanks.

Got my visa grant notification by email about half an hour ago and thought I'd best post on here ASAP to share the good news and reassure all of you who applied late June / early July that the weight is nearly over!

themod53: I'm sure you applied around the same time as I did - hopefully this means you'll be getting yours through any day now!

Congratulation. We are so happy for you. Finally the wait is over for you

Guest Sdavis654
Wahoo! Have woken up this morning to an email from my CO stating they are ready to grant my visa and arrange to go offshore. So chuffed. 8 months and 2 weeks.

Sorry its a bit late (just fitted in a quick holiday before going back to OZ) but I saw your visa had been granted.....a massive congratulations! I'm glad the wait is over for you now :D

Hi everyone! We received our CO today after a five week wait. Yay! The CO asked that my partner get his medical and police check done no earlier than the 28th of April. There was no request for further information to be provided. Does this mean that things so far look good? Does anyone know if they ask for more evidence of our relationship (if required) before they ask for medicals and character checks? Thanks guys!

My OH's letter gave him all the details for his medical, but no 'not before' date. Is this normal??

Got my visa grant notification by email about half an hour ago and thought I'd best post on here ASAP to share the good news and reassure all of you who applied late June / early July that the weight is nearly over!

Congratulations! Good luck to you

Shelly

My OH's letter gave him all the details for his medical, but no 'not before' date. Is this normal??

Hi Escape,

It would seem to be the way they work! You can get it all done before the suggested date, but you then run the risk of the medical / Police check expiring before you get your grant / enter Australia as the said certificates expire after a year from the date provided.

Sorry its a bit late (just fitted in a quick holiday before going back to OZ) but I saw your visa had been granted.....a massive congratulations! I'm glad the wait is over for you now :D

thank you! When did you submit your application? Am off to Bali end of month for the grant! Last holiday abroad for a long long time!!