SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hello :)

I'd not compare the process to the UK one as they are totally different things. Don't expect to hear anything till the time they've told you. If you email chances are you won't get a reply or just a standard 'You will be contacted in due course'.

The time given on the website is wrong. It is currently running around 9 months and may even go out longer than that for more recent applications.

You'll hear from your CO when they are wanting you to take your medical and send off for your police check. They'll give you a HAP number for your medical and a list of places you can go to for them. You can only book a month ahead iirc when you get your number.

That will be pretty much it. If they need anything further from you they will let you know and give you plenty of time to provide it.

Just sit tight :)

Thank you for your reply and you MovingtoTasmania, I know its a waiting game but it is increasingly frustrating how long the process takes. Especially when I cant hep but comparing it to the UK equivalent. I know they aren't the same but when I've been through the process it is difficult not to compare.

When you sent off the application did you use an agency or complete it yourselves? My boyfriend is a little worried that they may decline the application if we made a silly mistake on the form. I did triple check both forms before posting them. Has anyone heard any horror stories like this?

Thank you for your reply and you MovingtoTasmania, I know its a waiting game but it is increasingly frustrating how long the process takes. Especially when I cant hep but comparing it to the UK equivalent. I know they aren't the same but when I've been through the process it is difficult not to compare.

When you sent off the application did you use an agency or complete it yourselves? My boyfriend is a little worried that they may decline the application if we made a silly mistake on the form. I did triple check both forms before posting them. Has anyone heard any horror stories like this?

Did mine myself.

If you are concerned about your application email your CO about the error on the paperwork and hopefully you can amend it. Or else the CO may ask about it, but cannot say that for certain, just a hope they would iykwim.

I did mine myself and I didn't put things like xx years worth of payslips or bank statements and if I do say so myself, our "future plans" section of our "love" story were pretty lame, along the lines of bring the kids up to be decent people, work hard, retire and die kind of thing but I think there are only certain things that they can turn you down for, such as not being in a true relationship, not things like not having enough money or going bald or something.

I'm sure it will be fine because you're in a relationship, you have proved it and that's all they want (I think and I might be being over-simplistic but I really do believe that as long as you can prove your relationship, it will be fine)

I did mine myself and I didn't put things like xx years worth of payslips or bank statements and if I do say so myself, our "future plans" section of our "love" story were pretty lame, along the lines of bring the kids up to be decent people, work hard, retire and die kind of thing but I think there are only certain things that they can turn you down for, such as not being in a true relationship, not things like not having enough money or going bald or something.

I'm sure it will be fine because you're in a relationship, you have proved it and that's all they want (I think and I might be being over-simplistic but I really do believe that as long as you can prove your relationship, it will be fine)

Is it not your caseworker who makes the call about your relationship? As long as you can prove it's genuine, loving and ongoing then what can go wrong?

Perhaps if you're worried! Try contacting your case officer? I contacted mine to ask if they required our marriage certificate? At that point my CO said 'no need to provide a marriage certificate, your relationship has been assessed as genuine and met the relationship requirements according to the information you have already provided'.

8 months on and I'm still waiting!

Is it not your caseworker who makes the call about your relationship? As long as you can prove it's genuine, loving and ongoing then what can go wrong?

Perhaps if you're worried! Try contacting your case officer? I contacted mine to ask if they required our marriage certificate? At that point my CO said 'no need to provide a marriage certificate, your relationship has been assessed as genuine and met the relationship requirements according to the information you have already provided'.

8 months on and I'm still waiting!

I am not worried at all about the genuineness of my relationship as my hubby and I have 7 kids and 2 grandchildren! I was trying to soothe the doubts of the poster who was worried about the application by saying "look mine wasn't perfect and I did it myself and I'm not worried so don't worry". Sorry if I gave the impression that I was worried, but I'm more worried about selling my house than the visa being granted, as no sale = no move!

Opp's really sorry I pressed the wrong button, didn't mean to use your in quote in that context. I was just quantifying your massage to the poster who seemed to have worries.

Sorry for the confusion, my mistake. Good luck with selling the house

Wow 7 kids!!!!

Edited by themod53

Opp's really sorry I pressed the wrong button, didn't mean to use your in quote in that context. I was just quantifying your massage to the poster who seemed to have worries.

Sorry for the confusion, my mistake. Good luck with selling the house

Wow 7 kids!!!!

No, it's ok, I just read back what I wrote and it sounds a tad terse, so I'm sorry for that too!

Yes, 7 kids but all but 3 are grown up and left home now, leading their own lives. Only the 3 at home are coming with us but it'll be nice holidays for the grandchildren later on in life :biggrin:

No, it's ok, I just read back what I wrote and it sounds a tad terse, so I'm sorry for that too!

Yes, 7 kids but all but 3 are grown up and left home now, leading their own lives. Only the 3 at home are coming with us but it'll be nice holidays for the grandchildren later on in life :biggrin:

Even if you are married a LONG time and many kids they will, as we found out, still ask for all the various family and friends "references". Only difference is they will likely immediately give you a 100 Permanent rather than 309 temporary.

Even if you are married a LONG time and many kids they will, as we found out, still ask for all the various family and friends "references". Only difference is they will likely immediately give you a 100 Permanent rather than 309 temporary.

We did put 2 stat decs in and also a letter from one of our sons, who is over 18. All the paperwork they asked for was provided. If it is refused on the grounds of not being genuine (and I can't see what other grounds it would be as PCC and health checks all fine), it is something that we will appeal against. At the end of the day, we've done all they asked and can do no more, so it's either a yes or no, but I don't think it's something to stress out over (unlike selling the house!)

Edit: And the original query that I answered was "what grounds do they refuse partner visas for", which I still think is only if the genuineness of the relationship isn't proven, not anything else, but I may be wrong.

Edited by MovingtoTasmania

It's standard. They require it of everyone regardless of time together. There is a list if required documents to be submitted with application for a partner visa and 2 stat decs are listed.

If together longer than 3 years and with kids then usually it's PR from the off, not the TR first.

hi everyone .. lodged my 457 secondary visa last month .. anyone know what is the processing time for this visa ??

Sorry, I don't. This is a partner visa thread but it doesn't really cover the partner 457, it's the 820/801 people tend to be on about here.

Has anyone recently applied for onshore 820/801? How long is it taking to be assigned a case officer? I applied 5 weeks ago and no contact yet, not worried, just curious!

You may not hear anything for a fair while. Don't panic. Have they taken payment yet?

On shore wait is running at 13 months or so and you may not hear anything till much further down the road now.

You may not hear anything for a fair while. Don't panic. Have they taken payment yet?

On shore wait is running at 13 months or so and you may not hear anything till much further down the road now.

Applied online so payment was made at the time of lodgement.

I suppose this gives us extra time to accumulate evidence if they ask for more down the line!

hi all .. i applied for 457 dependent visa .. my co told me to wrote a sponsor support letter .. Is their any specific format of this letter, my wife's employer is ready to provide letter but they are not sure what to write and in what format .. help me plz

Is that your employer or you who has to write it?

Edited by Guest

Hi everyone! We received our CO today after a five week wait. Yay! The CO asked that my partner get his medical and police check done no earlier than the 28th of April. There was no request for further information to be provided. Does this mean that things so far look good? Does anyone know if they ask for more evidence of our relationship (if required) before they ask for medicals and character checks? Thanks guys!

Hi everyone! We received our CO today after a five week wait. Yay! The CO asked that my partner get his medical and police check done no earlier than the 28th of April. There was no request for further information to be provided. Does this mean that things so far look good? Does anyone know if they ask for more evidence of our relationship (if required) before they ask for medicals and character checks? Thanks guys!

If the CO required further information it would have been in the email that was sent to you. The attachment that told you that you needed to get your medical and police checks done would have stated what else was outstanding/required.

I can't say it looks good in terms of grant, as only the CO knows this, but it looks good in terms of them having all the information that is required up to now.

If the CO required further information it would have been in the email that was sent to you. The attachment that told you that you needed to get your medical and police checks done would have stated what else was outstanding/required.

I can't say it looks good in terms of grant, as only the CO knows this, but it looks good in terms of them having all the information that is required up to now.

:biggrin: Fingers crossed! Thanks for your response :biggrin: