SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I can't fully remember what we wrote, but I put my uncle's address in Perth down as where we would be living and I think (if I'm remembering rightly) that on our personal statement thingymajigs when we wrote of our future plans (which was pretty lame cos we basically just said we hope to live long happy lives, bringing up our children etc) we mentioned working in Australia but apart from that, I don't think we really showed a (strong) case in terms of earnings/finances because I just though that commonsense would tell the CO that we didn't have jobs in Australia. Also, I didn't send any wage slips or anything or any bank statements either (because we have separate accounts) but I did send mortgage statements.

Edited to add: I just thought, we sent P60's going back 10 years so that shows earnings!

Edited by MovingtoTasmania

Reading back through a lot of the forum posts, it would seem like you all sent over a ton of supporting documentation with your visa applications. As it was 8 months ago now I can't exactly remember what I sent with my application? But it wasn't in the volumes of supporting information I'm guessing some of you provided initially.

Maybe I'm worrying about nothing, my case office has passed our relationship as genuine and meeting the requirements (wife is an Aussie). Clean police check and Medical history, The CO hasn't asked for any additional supporting documentation, I'm guessing if they needed more for a decision they would have requested it.

As an alternative to joint bank statements and mortgage agreements, we sent across; rental agreements for the last 3 years, joint utility bills, notification of impending wedding / marriage, personal statements / Aussie relatives statements as required. Don't think we added anything about education history or finances / payslips as there was no requirement to do so. Although, we did send details of our Facebook accounts - we actually thought that was the most definitive audit trail of our relationship history, photos, holidays together, family photos important dates throughout our relationship.

Obviously, it's squeaky bum time as we want the visa granted! There's always that worry in the back of your mind, 'have I given them everything they need?' from a personal perspective its great to have finally found this forum to air my worries! As most of us are in the same position, have the same worries and concerns while waiting for that all important decision on our visa grants.

Edited by themod53

Hiya

Yes wembley is good . Also near train lines and good areas are mt lawley , inglewood , bayswater- these are north of river and all nice suburbs and of course closer to city the more expensive. Myself i like them all subi , leederville , wembley , mt lawley quite highly priced. East vic park , inglewood , como lower prices but still close to everything and cafe lifestyle. I like bayswater too few more mins further but bigger blocks nice old character homes in some nice parts of suburb and bit cheaper. To be honest id almost live anywhere as long as i get back home! Cant wait!!

The wife's family live in Applecross, very beautiful suburb, pretty pricey but a great place to live.

Yes really really pricey! Same as cottesloe , peppermint grove , dalkeith , east perth , south perth - these are suburbs if you have a fortune to spend or are a doctor or very highly paid occupation!! Maybe in my next life! My fave of these exclusive suburbs is south perth - love it!

No, but still buzzing after getting it yesterday! Have booked my husband's flights and I've even been extra nice and let him use my frequent flyer points for upgrade on one of the legs.

While I stay at home to watch the rain!! I feel I have the raw end of this deal. ;)

It definitely sounds like you have the raw end of that deal! We used our frequent flyer points to get an iPad. Congratulations on getting the visa, what a relief, there's a glimmer of hope for the rest of us that it will come soon then. Sod's law that you get your grant early and can't go while we are all sat staring at our emails every 5 minutes impatiently waiting :chatterbox:

Snifter - you seem to have a pretty level head on you! What do you reckon? Should I email my CO asking if still going to be processed in 8-9 month time frame? I need to book flights to go offshore and concerned if left til last hour prices will be extortionate. My mistake for cutting this whole application so fine! Thought I would wait until we got the job offer before we applied which in hindsight was unncessary.

Snifter - you seem to have a pretty level head on you! What do you reckon? Should I email my CO asking if still going to be processed in 8-9 month time frame? I need to book flights to go offshore and concerned if left til last hour prices will be extortionate. My mistake for cutting this whole application so fine! Thought I would wait until we got the job offer before we applied which in hindsight was unncessary.

I think you'll still find cheap flights if it's granted. You can have a bit of time to book and plan, it's not like you have to go off shore the next day or anything.

If you want to email your CO, nothing to stop you. I don't think I disturbed them past month four and they granted without any contact from me later on.

When exactly is your time frame up?

Congratulations to you guys who have had their grants. Don't mind admitting I'm a wee bit jealous. Are there any early/mid June applicants still waiting for news?

Whoop whoop, insert happy dance here, visa granted today!!! 8 months and 1 day after applying 19th June. I emailed CO to ask how it was going, where we were in the pile, etc. and got the grant in their reply, couldn't quite believe it!

So bizlarker, I don't see that it could hurt for you to do the same, best of luck to you!