SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Morning All,

Looks like I'm in the same waiting boat as many of the forum members at the moment. Big congrats to all that have recently received their Visa!

Applied for Partner lodged London 26th June 2013

Case officer assigned 7th July (SV)

Caseworker approved our relationship as genuine in July, yet since the application we married in October 2013.

Medicals and Police Checks (clean) processed early October 2013

A long wait ever since.

Hi is anyone still waiting for a CO to be assigned to them who applied late dec early jan ??? I posted application 27th Dec payment taken 6th Jan and still not had a email or letter from CO ???

I think it's taking longer for CO's to be assigned now due to the number of applications that are received. Seems to be about 5-6 weeks now, but don't worry because the clock starts ticking when they receive your application, so already a month and a half into your (potential) 8-9 month wait :biggrin:

Hi to everyone and congratulations to those who have had their visas granted

We are just finalizing my girlfriends Defacto/Partner visa on line and just wondering do we a the police check done now and send it as part of the application or do we wait for the C/O to ask us to apply for it

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Gary and Jenny

Hi to everyone and congratulations to those who have had their visas granted

We are just finalizing my girlfriends Defacto/Partner visa on line and just wondering do we a the police check done now and send it as part of the application or do we wait for the C/O to ask us to apply for it

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Gary and Jenny

It would be better to wait until it's requested by the CO as your partner needs to enter Australia to validate the visa before the police checks run out and of course, with the waiting times seemingly getting longer and longer for the grant, if you front load it, then that gives you less time to book tickets and sort yourself out this end x

Hello!

I forget to put my visa processing update on this thread (from way back on page 450!)

My girlfriend (Australian) and I (British, London born and bred) were together 3 years and 6 months on date of application. I had been in Australia since 2006. Went back to the UK to apply as waiting times are a lot shorter.

We lived together for 2 years 6 months before that in Sydney. I was on a 457 business sponsored visa and a 416 Working Holiday Visa (x2, I did fruit picking for the extra year in Bundaberg!) before that.

Applied: 07/01/2013

Payment Taken: 09/01/2013

Case Officer Assigned: 21/01/2013

Police Check: 28/03/2013 (United Kingdom Police Check and Australian Federal Police Check)

Medical: 30/04/2013

Visa 100 (Permanent Residency) Granted: 31/05/2013

Total Time: four months, three weeks

Advice

Maintain contact with your case officer. Be nice, we chatted about the weather, good pubs in London and life in Sydney (my CO was female)

Don't front load your application. It gets stuck in piles of other applications. Get your police checks and medicals in separately. Ask your case officer to confirm they received it.

Don't panic about not hearing anything.

Edited by Bill Adams

Bill - you were very lucky your visa only took just under 5 months. Many applying around the same time and later were waiting around 7-8 months for grant. Given time was 8/9 months. Now it's defo taking pretty much the full 9 months and may even increase. I've not heard of grants coming through inside of 5 months for a long time now.

People can't generally front load these days as medicals are all uploaded online and a HAP number is bedded, which comes from CO.

Advice

Maintain contact with your case officer. Be nice, we chatted about the weather, good pubs in London and life in Sydney (my CO was female)

Small talk, with a CO?! How did you manage that?! :)

I couldn't even get a response to whether mine is male or female (I'd never heard of the name before and didn't want to assume) so I could start my emails appropriately!

Bill - you were very lucky your visa only took just under 5 months. Many applying around the same time and later were waiting around 7-8 months for grant. Given time was 8/9 months. Now it's defo taking pretty much the full 9 months and may even increase. I've not heard of grants coming through inside of 5 months for a long time now.

People can't generally front load these days as medicals are all uploaded online and a HAP number is bedded, which comes from CO.

Absolutely, I was very lucky - it was far quicker than expected and as a result I was contracted in London to a job until the end of August.

I believe around that time was quieter than usual, but unfortunately I know many others who waited until October to receive their grants.

The amount of preparation involved before posting the application was enormous. Our application was 240 pages, including evidence of a continuing and genuine relationship; all signed by various JPs.

BizLarker any news yet? I just logged on and hoped to see you with a grant!!

Also snifter is right..... it definetly is takeing atleast 8-9months now

No :cry:

Thinking I might email next week as concerned about my PCC expiring. Don't want to pester though. Someone with same case officer got granted only yesterday and they applied nearly 3 weeks before me. What do you reckon?

Bill Adams - I also tried to go down the small talk route but that was not really entertained by the case worker although I did get a nice message (from Caseworker) after my wedding.

Also tried a little nudge every month, asking questions relating to my application, weather, what they had been up to the weekend, the cricket etc, etc... Of which the response was always; processing time is 8-9 months, or 'I will contact you when I'm in a position to finalise your application' of which I've just hit the 8 month mark.

So here's hoping for some good news soon -the wife (Australian) wants to move home, until visa is granted we can't really plan anything, which leaves us in this strange transition limbo, knowing that at best we'll be in the UK for another 6 months.

On the flip-side I'm praying that my visa is granted, otherwise I'll have one very unhappy wife!!

Hey guys,

is it Normal that people with the same CO and applied after me got the visa granted before me?!

Im starting to freak out!

I applied on the 6th of June and people from 11th June got the grant already!!

Yeah, in the same boat too!

Seems like I spend a lot of time trying to get more information about what's going on. But end up going crazy with what-ifs, second guessing and reading too much into things.

Seems like ignorance really is bliss...

Hey guys,

is it Normal that people with the same CO and applied after me got the visa granted before me?!

Im starting to freak out!

I applied on the 6th of June and people from 11th June got the grant already!!

There is no rhyme or reason that can be applied to how visas are granted. Part of me thinks it seems to depend on how quickly your CO gets the file together to be queued for a decision, so if they are someone who has a lot of time off, works part-time etc, it may be that perhaps the visa grant will be longer than someone else who may have applied for the visa sooner.

Don't worry, remember that old adage, no news is good news.

Just to add also, that the 8-9 months timeframe is not set in stone, that is the target that they hope to grant within and a guideline. They give themselves room to maneuver as it could be sooner, it could be longer.

Edited by MovingtoTasmania