SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Random question for those who have been granted, does the email just come through from your CO or is from a general email address?

Came from CO, whole long grant letter and visa grant notice

Guest Sdavis654
Yes please, I second that!!! :biggrin:

I third that...

If I knew it was granted but I couldn't enter the country till 9 months since lodgement, i'd be fine, it's just the not knowing that is killing me

well im flyin to brisbane tomorrow and ive been told im not gettin the grant......ggrrrrrrrhhhhhh. an off shore trip it will have to be then. im going on a 1 way flight to brisbane, hope i dont need onward flight, i have paper work to show i have funds, think that will be orright everyone???? i have holiday visa etc. is that what everyone else is planning if you dont get the grant in time??

thanks

Guest Sdavis654
well im flyin to brisbane tomorrow and ive been told im not gettin the grant......ggrrrrrrrhhhhhh. an off shore trip it will have to be then. im going on a 1 way flight to brisbane, hope i dont need onward flight, i have paper work to show i have funds, think that will be orright everyone???? i have holiday visa etc. is that what everyone else is planning if you dont get the grant in time??

thanks

I've just done that on the 12 month tourist visa thats valid for 3 months at a time but I had to come home and wait out the processing time in the new year. The first time I went was fine but the second time i went back for another 3 months, i got stopped and asked all the questions at immigration. I wasn't doing anything wrong from being there and I too didn't have a flight booked to leave, as I said I wasn't sure what I was doing after the New Year. Just make sure you're honest with them with your intentions of being there then I don't think there is much they can do

thanks

hello, did you ask them outright? We arrived on one way ticket and no problem!

Thanks for the advice, I guess that I just hoped that the 8-9 month time frame would be on the 8 month end rather than the 9 month end. When we first applied we read on the website that it would only take 5 months, if we had thought that it would take this long we would have applied ages before. I think that I am just getting a bit stir crazy with not working for nearly 2 months, I should be making the most of it I guess! Any visas today?

Thank you

my co is wp

How did you find her as a CO? She is my hubby's CO too and although she replied pretty quickly to the email enquiring if she had all that she needed, I felt she was very cagey in terms of not giving anything away, just stating that it all the paperwork was in and she would contact us nearer the time she was ready to finalise things. Certainly no hint whatsoever of "yes you'll probably get it" or "ha ha you've got no chance". She didn't however make any comment about the fact the house was under offer, such as saying that we shouldn't take any irreversible action until the visa is granted etc., which quite a few others seem to have had from their CO, so not sure if that's negative or positive, so I've just decided that it is what it is!

thanks

Sorry to hear that, mate. Fingers crossed it's not too long post-arrival that you're in luck.

I'm a week behind you so you're my gauge! Was hoping (still am) for mid-Feb, which will be 8 months and a week, but looking likely to be later in the month.

Guest Sdavis654
Yes because on the system it should show up that you are in mid process of a permanent visa. Should be fine, I just worry to much some times. How come you had to leave after the first time?

My tourist visa was only valid for 3 months at a time. I had something I wanted to be in OZ for but it would have gone over 3 months so I left and went to NZ for a bit then went back to OZ for a further 3 months. It was only this second time round they weren't too happy about me going back but i wasn't doing anything wrong. They said once I left though that i shouldn't come back till the de facto visa was decided. With that it just made sense to come back to the UK to wait out the decision

How did you find her as a CO? She is my hubby's CO too and although she replied pretty quickly to the email enquiring if she had all that she needed, I felt she was very cagey in terms of not giving anything away, just stating that it all the paperwork was in and she would contact us nearer the time she was ready to finalise things. Certainly no hint whatsoever of "yes you'll probably get it" or "ha ha you've got no chance". She didn't however make any comment about the fact the house was under offer, such as saying that we shouldn't take any irreversible action until the visa is granted etc., which quite a few others seem to have had from their CO, so not sure if that's negative or positive, so I've just decided that it is what it is!

Iv barely spoke to her so im not really sure.

my partners keeps telling me not to bother not, not to email etc so iv only emailed her twice i think

Hey all - does everyone know about this spreadsheet? Very useful if you want to obsess further, and helpful to others if you put in your details.. :)

Removed: See Snifters post on next page for correct link.

Edited by kmmr

File not found. Is it kept up to date?

Hmm, it was the last time I looked over it. I know sometimes people add themselves in and accidentally stuff it up a bit and things get lost, but usually someone who is currently on it fixes it up.

I'll see if I have a link to it in my bookmarks and compare.