SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Chirobarn that FANTASTIC news!!! I just checked my email too :))))))))))))) say's ready to depart Australia for my visa to be granted woohoooooo

So soo happy I cant stop smiling. Its been a such a long stressful 5 months here in OZ not being able to work. I am soo relieved its over.

I was prepared to get on a plane today haha...but it says in the email that I have to let her know my travel plans (and get a confirmation email she has revived it) before I leave the country for 3 working days. As London is asleep now it will be Monday.

Going to spend the rest of the day looking at cheap flights for Monday eeek how exciting

May applicants and early June....you must be soo close now..next few weeks!!

Newbie, is your CO part time?

Indonesia looks cheap for monday return on wednesday.

Going to book tonight, email her my travel plans so hopefully she will pick up her email in London (Wednesday) and I'll hear either tomorrow or Friday from her confirming that that's ok. And I will be off!

Double check but I thought it had to be 3 full working days.

yeah it is! do the days I travel not count?

If my understanding is correct, probably not. I will happily stand corrected though if someone can tell you otherwise. Just I recall someone else going and am sure they went for 5 days all up, to cover the 3 full working days plus travel days.

ETA - when I was looking at possibly doing the same that was my plan also. Go Mon-Fri or midweek to come back after a weekend! but having the 3 full days off shore.

Edited by Guest

My take on it would be that if you had to be offshore for 3 full working days then it wouldn't be covered by a 3 day trip as you would be spending some of the first and last day onshore. Who's to say though the grant wouldn't take place, as it has with others whilst in the air or on your first and last full day offshore.

Well I'm excited to hear of these grants! Congrats to all.

I emailed my CO to let her know I intend to apply for an evisitor visa for next month to attend a wedding. No reply which I kinda expected as her last email said she had everything and that should I need to travel to oz I could do an appropriate visa.

it would just be awesome to use this upcoming trip as an activation trip.

edge of seat!!!

My take on it would be that if you had to be offshore for 3 full working days then it wouldn't be covered by a 3 day trip as you would be spending some of the first and last day onshore. Who's to say though the grant wouldn't take place, as it has with others whilst in the air or on your first and last full day offshore.

I wouldn't want to be heading back without receiving an email saying it was granted!

New on this forum since yesterday, when I sent the application for a 309/100 partner visa for me and my son, sponsored by my Aussie husband.

I live in London and lodged it here at Australia House, and it has now been received there. Let the waiting begin!

I'm hoping to secure a permanent visa 100 straight away, as I will be giving birth to a little half Australian child in the next couple of weeks, and as we're fulfilling the additional requirement to have been in a de-facto relationship for over two years!

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly!

Hi Newbie, I'd agree and make sure that you're out of the country for three FULL working days. Plus if they're granting from London there's the time difference to consider too. Best not to take any risk. If it was me i'd take a full week out. Leave on the sunday and return on saturday, just to be certain.

Where in Oz are you? We're heading to Melbourne eventually :biggrin:

Not yet, but we had always planned to move in May 2014 anyway as the flights are cheaper.

Hi readstogo

many thanks for getting back to me.

any info is helpful . It's tough because you don't want to feel like your pushing them into going but I know he will thank me for it.

so have you guys made the move yet ?

Brilliant news newbie!

Chirobarn that FANTASTIC news!!! I just checked my email too :))))))))))))) say's ready to depart Australia for my visa to be granted woohoooooo

So soo happy I cant stop smiling. Its been a such a long stressful 5 months here in OZ not being able to work. I am soo relieved its over.

I was prepared to get on a plane today haha...but it says in the email that I have to let her know my travel plans (and get a confirmation email she has revived it) before I leave the country for 3 working days. As London is asleep now it will be Monday.

Going to spend the rest of the day looking at cheap flights for Monday eeek how exciting

May applicants and early June....you must be soo close now..next few weeks!!

Any more grants today? So need to get off the forums and on with enjoying Australia!

Hi BizLaker, I applied May 21, no grant yet but i did recieve an e-mail from my C.O. today saying that she will be 'finalising' my application within the next 3 weeks. At least i know it's coming soon now. When did you apply?

Hi BizLaker, I applied May 21, no grant yet but i did recieve an e-mail from my C.O. today saying that she will be 'finalising' my application within the next 3 weeks. At least i know it's coming soon now. When did you apply?

Are you on or offshore? Good to have some news!