SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi everyone !

Havant been on here for a while and thought I must get back on here.

would like to wish everyone a new yr!

well fingers crossed for me new yr new start and all that.

abit about my situation I'm 30 and have been what you call a bit of a bouncing pom over there years. Mostly due to my parents work and family commitments. So perth has always been a second home for me.

love everything about there lifestyle apart from the obvious being torn with family in both parts of the world.

where is my life taking me at the moment!

I have been with my fiancé for 10 yrs and over the years he has spent time with me in oz maximum 5months in one go.

which he enjoyed but due to personal reason we had to return.

three years ok myself got made redundant and decided to take a good job opportunity in perth so we spent six months apart, which was fine thanks to the world of Skype.

The difficult part came when I wanted to stay and get my citizen ship, as I'm currently on a permeant resident visa and settle.

My partner didn't want to come out at the time as he was happy with his work so we decided I would return and we would give it three years. Then look at it again.

Well the three years has come round and we have decided to get the ball rolling with applying for the partner/ spouse visa.

i got to say I still am the driving force behind it ekkk ! But I just don't feel the uk is offering us enough for me to let my Australian permanent visa expire, as I know how lucky I am that I have had it extend over the years.

What's the best way to go about sorting the visa out! Should I fill it out ASAP here uk and get police check, medicals sent all at the same time. Evidence letter of us being together so they have it all there.

or as I'm going ahead in the next couple of months, get him to come out on a holiday visa and apply onshore. I know he won't be able to work until visa comes through.

What would you guys recommend.

Hi Tootsie30,

Have you read the partner migration booklet? If not I would start with that - it's on the Australian high commission London and immi websites. Start gathering all your evidence for all four categories listed in the booklet. (Including the logs of Skype calls to show you've stayed in though while separated).

You can't do the medicals before you apply (assuming you apply offshore to London House) - but you can submit everything else.

The wait from London at the moment is 8-9 months.

Are you guys looking at moving to Perth?

Many thanks for your reply !

o god Ill have to see if I can see if I can somehow get that from Skype, wouldn't have even thought about that.

yes will have a good read of that booklet.

do you think it could take that long? Are they still doing it where you can go to London house to fill in a application, or is it all on line these days.

would most of you recommend applying here rather than oz?

yes I'm looking at returning to perth,get back in to work in the next four months.

At at times I doubt my situation am I being selfish not wanting to lose my visa but I just know how lucky I am to have it.

i tell my fiancé what's five years out of our lives. We are only in our early thirties. When I think How quick three years has gone since being back.

at times his very much anything for any easy life but in my eyes you don't get rewards without stepping out your comfort zone.

It's up to you where you want to apply, if you do it onshore I've seen the waiting time quoted as 13 months. And it's more expensive. Your fiancé can apply onshore as long as he doesn't have a no further stay condition on the current visa. If he's the same age as you, you could look at a working holiday visa so he can work (6 months per employer) and you can leave sooner.

For London they are taking that long - I've also been with my partner for 10 years and still waiting (applied in May) lol

Yes, you can do it online now, but I don't know much about that as I did a paper application.

We pretty much had the same idea, come over for a few years and see how it goes - a few months here and I'm loving it!

Hi Tootsie!

Don't front load the application with police checks as your partner may need to do them again...the clock starts ticking from the date of the police check. Medicals can't be done without a HAP Id number, which the Case Officer will give you along with a date to do it after.

Don't worry about being the driving force behind the application. OH hates paperwork so it was basically me who spent hours filling, fretting, re-filling & gathering evidence. I put my foot down when it came to the personal statements though!

The booklet on the immi.gov website is pretty thorough, but I wouldn't print it off as it's huge!

This forum is also a great place to ask others who are doing the same thing.

Good luck!

Don't worry about being the driving force behind the application. OH hates paperwork so it was basically me who spent hours filling, fretting, re-filling & gathering evidence. I put my foot down when it came to the personal statements though!

That was the same with us, it took me ages to gather everything! And lots of stressing because I couldn't remember exact dates of holidays take over the past 10 years - that was my biggest headache!

I'm still the one who sorts put paperwork stuff! Maybe I should have put that in my statement too haha!

My OH wrote a pretty good statement though :)

Where about are you ? Are you living in Australia at the moment .

so you applied for your partner to go out last May and still haven't had an answer or am I miss reading your message lol.

We're in Adelaide at the moment - that's where my OH grew up. Yes, you read my post correctly :)

Thanks for posting Chirobarn!! Im a week behind you! In the same boat. Waiting in Melbs...I've been here since September. So I did the NZ trip too! Are you on a tourist?

eeek can't wait for some good news too :))))))) will you post when you know??

Hi Newbie, woke to some great news this morning!!!!! Received my email to depart Australia for my visa to be granted!!! Woohoo!!!:))))))))) Have 28 days to let co know my travel plans and have to leave for 3 working days. Will probably go in February some time as my tourist visa is up again at the end of February. Oh the relief!!! Yours won't be too far away now :)

Hi Tootsie!

Don't front load the application with police checks as your partner may need to do them again...the clock starts ticking from the date of the police check. Medicals can't be done without a HAP Id number, which the Case Officer will give you along with a date to do it after.

Afaik medicals have a time limit also. They are now usually requested about 3 months after lodging.

I think I need to get digging the info out lol!

can I ask did you apply for a visa 820/801 or a 309/100 temp then a permeant .

Or one that you arrive on a temp then apply for permeant after you have married.

Are you enjoying your time out there :smile:

The 820/801 is if you apply onshore, the 809/100 is for offshore, apart from that they are the same. I applied for the 809/100.

You apply for both at the same time - if you can provide enough evidence that goes back over your ten years together on all categories, your partner will likely get the permanent one (100 or 801) straight away (the requirement i think is together in defacto for over 3 years) - I struggled a bit with this as we shred most of our docs!

Hi Newbie, woke to some great news this morning!!!!! Received my email to depart Australia for my visa to be granted!!! Woohoo!!!:))))))))) Have 28 days to let co know my travel plans and have to leave for 3 working days. Will probably go in February some time as my tourist visa is up again at the end of February. Oh the relief!!! Yours won't be too far away now :)

Congratulations!

When did you apply? Where are you thinking of going?

Many thanks for your reply !

o god Ill have to see if I can see if I can somehow get that from Skype, wouldn't have even thought about that.

yes will have a good read of that booklet.

do you think it could take that long? Are they still doing it where you can go to London house to fill in a application, or is it all on line these days.

would most of you recommend applying here rather than oz?

yes I'm looking at returning to perth,get back in to work in the next four months.

At at times I doubt my situation am I being selfish not wanting to lose my visa but I just know how lucky I am to have it.

i tell my fiancé what's five years out of our lives. We are only in our early thirties. When I think How quick three years has gone since being back.

at times his very much anything for any easy life but in my eyes you don't get rewards without stepping out your comfort zone.

I'd suggest looking at an onshore application. If your OH gets a tourist visa without a NFS condition on he can apply onshore. Theses days the bridging visa should hopefully come with work rights while the visa is being processed. Research that more yourself though, the info is all online to find.

It will cost most and take longer but you will be together and in Aus.

Print of the partner booklet and go through it carefully. You are applying our or both the temp and permanent in one as such, depending in if you meet he criteria your OH will either get the temp one then move on to PR after the allotted time or straight to PR. Your CO will asses this.

If you apply offshore, apply online is being encouraged. They don't take applications by hand, only registered post or courier. Don't do police check or medical till asked by CO. Usually about 3 months after lodging. Offshore means he has to wait in the UK or could once everything is done head over on holiday to wait (so long as on correct tourist visa). He would then need to go offshore for visa grant. You can read more on this online also and in this forum.

Chirobarn that FANTASTIC news!!! I just checked my email too :))))))))))))) say's ready to depart Australia for my visa to be granted woohoooooo

So soo happy I cant stop smiling. Its been a such a long stressful 5 months here in OZ not being able to work. I am soo relieved its over.

I was prepared to get on a plane today haha...but it says in the email that I have to let her know my travel plans (and get a confirmation email she has revived it) before I leave the country for 3 working days. As London is asleep now it will be Monday.

Going to spend the rest of the day looking at cheap flights for Monday eeek how exciting

May applicants and early June....you must be soo close now..next few weeks!!

Chirobarn that FANTASTIC news!!! I just checked my email too :))))))))))))) say's ready to depart Australia for my visa to be granted woohoooooo

So soo happy I cant stop smiling. Its been a such a long stressful 5 months here in OZ not being able to work. I am soo relieved its over.

I was prepared to get on a plane today haha...but it says in the email that I have to let her know my travel plans (and get a confirmation email she has revived it) before I leave the country for 3 working days. As London is asleep now it will be Monday.

Going to spend the rest of the day looking at cheap flights for Monday eeek how exciting

Yayyyyyyyy! Congratulations - I am sooo happy and excited for you!!!

great news guys! Congratulations! Good to know what is in the letter ... 28 days to let them know. I am not sure what this 3 month minimum notice business is about. Hoping to get some news in the next few weeks (hoping!!)

Congratulations!

When did you apply? Where are you thinking of going?

Hi Missmontie, I applied on the 13th May from Ireland, sent my application to London. Just so relieved to have gotten the email!!! Been here since the start of October so it's been a long wait. I have a friend living in Auckland so think I'll go there. Would love to go sooner but we're moving house this week and I have a 10 month old so need to try get him some bit settled before going anywhere.

Awe awe that's great news Newbie!!!! Best of luck with everything :))))

Hi Missmontie, I applied on the 13th May from Ireland, sent my application to London. Just so relieved to have gotten the email!!! Been here since the start of October so it's been a long wait. I have a friend living in Auckland so think I'll go there. Would love to go sooner but we're moving house this week and I have a 10 month old so need to try get him some bit settled before going anywhere.

Aw, everything happening at the same time! All the best with your move :)