SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi all, I am new to this site.

I have been living in the west of Ireland for 20 years, but have recently decided to move back to Perth with my family. We applied for my hubby's visa. here are the stats

Applied june '12

CO (SV) appointed 20/6/12, requested medical, police check and certified copies of certs (we had them certified by the wrong person)

29/6/12 Medical done

mid July police check and certs sent recieved 17/7/12 and advised of 5 or 6 month waiting time

We sent ours on the Thursday, they took the money Friday and the CO emailed the following Friday.

DaveS, thanks for the links, I'll check out IOM.

I'm a bit wary of "lesser known" airlines after a bad experience with Vietnam Airlines coming over here. I'd be interested to hear what Korea is like. They were the cheapest I saw online (apart from the Malaysian Airlines one).

My husband came over here on Korean Airlines and he said they were fine apart from he didn't know what he was eating when it came to meal times as everything was in Korean but he said the staff were all very friendly and helpful

Guest pinkgibbon
We sent ours on the Thursday, they took the money Friday and the CO emailed the following Friday.

DaveS, thanks for the links, I'll check out IOM.

I'm a bit wary of "lesser known" airlines after a bad experience with Vietnam Airlines coming over here. I'd be interested to hear what Korea is like. They were the cheapest I saw online (apart from the Malaysian Airlines one).

Korean airways is very good. I have flown to and from Oz with them and on the way back to the UK they put you up in a hotel in Soeul for the night so the flight seems a lot better.

I've started obssesively checking my e-mails every half an hour or so now and crossing all my fingers and toes for the grant e-mail to be there. No luck as yet, wondering whether I should e-mail MC as she said I'd have an answer mid-August which it now is.

I've started obssesively checking my e-mails every half an hour or so now and crossing all my fingers and toes for the grant e-mail to be there. No luck as yet, wondering whether I should e-mail MC as she said I'd have an answer mid-August which it now is.

An email can't hurt :)

I have been living in the west of Ireland for 20 years, but have recently decided to move back to Perth with my family. We applied for my hubby's visa. here are the stats

Applied june '12

CO (SV) appointed 20/6/12, requested medical, police check and certified copies of certs (we had them certified by the wrong person)

29/6/12 Medical done

mid July police check and certs sent recieved 17/7/12 and advised of 5 or 6 month waiting time

You seem to be about a week ahead of us in terms of applying, so hopefully we should hear around the same time!

We've been advised 5-6 months from application so I think the extended wait times are for those who applied after.

Guest Chantel
You seem to be about a week ahead of us in terms of applying, so hopefully we should hear around the same time!

We've been advised 5-6 months from application so I think the extended wait times are for those who applied after.

Not too extended I hope! :wink:

Guest Chantel

Applied june '12

29/6/12 Medical done

Welcome in mum of 5 :wubclub:

Hi all!

My turn to join the queue now too :-) I finally got my application in the post at lunchtime so it should reach the Australian high commission in London tomorrow. It's only taken 4 months to get everything together for it!?!?! I'm now sitting here mentally running through it all hoping I remembered to include it all. If not, I'm sure they'll tell me!

KT

Guest niknak78

Applied june '12

29/6/12 Medical done

Hi we applied on the same date so hopefully looking to hear around mid November,

now all we have to do is WAIT.............

Guest Chantel
Nice One Chantel! Feels great to have finally finished the application, eh?

Just the wait now, Good Luck

Ah thanks! It feels FANTASTIC!!! :jiggy:

Guest charleysmum74
Charleysmum,

Did MT say she wasnt back until 1st September? It thought it was 20th August?

No MT told me to send SV an email on 1st September about my visa application. I thought she got back 20th August too.

Guest charleysmum74
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16088[/ATTACH]

Best website and quote so far! :)

We booked with Worldwide Flights, the advisor was really good. I rang them and they gave me a price then told me to go away and see if we could get cheaper, which we couldn't. he had reserved the flights for us provisionally so when I called back it was all ready to go. We paid £1995 for flights from Man to Mel in July for 2 adults and a 4 yr old. We had a 14 hour stop off in Singapore, which was a god send. Would definitely do that route again. We flew on an A380 from Sin to Mel which meant it only took 6.5 hrs. The flights were with Singapore airlines. I have flown with many carriers and they are the best I have experienced, even better than Emirates or Malaysian.

Good luck.

I emailed MC to ask if ok to book flight .....and she granted it within a few hours ........with a lovely note saying "all the best" ...cried for about 10 minutes before i actually told everyone lol........Make sure your sitting down hahaa Good luck Anika:hug:

I emailed MC to ask if ok to book flight .....and she granted it within a few hours ........with a lovely note saying "all the best" ...cried for about 10 minutes before i actually told everyone lol........Make sure your sitting down hahaa Good luck Anika:hug:

Just had an e-mail from MC to say it's due to be finalised next week! Can't believe that it's finally happening, actually really nervous now :laugh:

Partner Migration has gone up to 8-9 months now on the Australia House website - are they being flooded with applications, one wonders?

Hope mine comes through on the 5 month mark as i applied in June, would be good to have by mid Nov.

Edited by jimmyay1

I'm desperate to ask my case officer LG if she can give me date in advance of granting the visa , i hear other people have asked their own officers and got "intend to grant you a visa on x date" confirmations - however i was wondering whether it is too early to ask .

They have been processing my application for 2 months now, quoted 5-6 months originally so should be mid Nov-mid Dec - when do people reckon i will realistically be able to pin them down to a date?

My partner is leaving for Oz in mid Nov & it would be great to be able to co-ordinate things!

Guest Bazinga

TThey are under NO obligation to stick to the date you 'pin them down to'. We were given a 'date' then when I asked abt something else was told date had changed and would be about two months later. This was after everything was booked and settled. Just settle down for a 5 month wait and hope it is what you get. The only good thing abt having been given a set date is that I complained and got an 'early' grant (near the original date) but we did have exceptional circumstances.

Guest pinkgibbon

My CO has refused to give me any form of a date expect that it will be 6-8 months, which is crazy as everyone who applied after me is still being told 5-6. I really hope it is on the 5 month mark. I'm getting bored of waiting.

Does anyone know when the waiting time on the high commission site changed? My application arrived with them yesterday so I'm guessing I'll get told 8-9 months once i get a case officer. I'd love 5-6 months but I was already expecting 6-8 so not too much different i guess. We're lucky as we're in no rush and are going to do a bit of travelling but I'd be gutted if we were having to live on opposite sides of the world.

KT

Guest Chantel
Does anyone know when the waiting time on the high commission site changed? My application arrived with them yesterday so I'm guessing I'll get told 8-9 months once i get a case officer. I'd love 5-6 months but I was already expecting 6-8 so not too much different i guess. We're lucky as we're in no rush and are going to do a bit of travelling but I'd be gutted if we were having to live on opposite sides of the world.

KT

Hello. We sent ours out on Wednesday the 8th and heard from our CO on Monday the 14th. She said that the current processing times for partner/family migration is currently 8-9 months due to high volume of applications and only allowing so many to go through at a time. However, and here's the ray of light and hope, she does emphasize that each case is individual and that the process time varies from case to case. Here's hoping and praying that ours isn't long.