SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest wardie77
Still got my fingers crossed for August here. My last day of UK work is August 23rd. A couple of weeks with my parents - then bon voyage (subject to visa)

Dave

Where you heading to in OZ?

Application sent - 15/05/2012

Case officer assigned -17/05/2012 (it's LG)

Medicals requested -17/05/2012 (police check already completed)

Medicals done -07/06/2012

I had heard nothing else until today when I called LG. She confirmed receipt of the medicals and said they were OK and nothing more was needed and to expect result around October.

I also asked about an interview which she said wasn't needed. Is this normal? I thought every couple had to have an interview. Does anyone get turned down on their application?

I really need to be in Oz by the end of November as my son is getting married and I want to be there for that, so really hoping it all comes through.

dianaos

Well an update. I spoke to LG again today and she told me that in clear cut cases an interview is not necessary and that my partner will get his visa in October. So I asked was it OK to go ahead and book flights etc and she said yes. :)

So one way flights now booked with Singapore Airlines (we can get 60kg between us with SA). I have now got to book the cats in for their flight. They have already had rabies vaccinations and the RNATT test. Also have to confirm with the removalists. I am now very excited...just have to wait until the 23rd November...and that visa had better be here or else!

Any other March applicants as excited as I am????!!!! Can't believe we are nearly in July. Almost there!!!!!!!

Yep, extremely excited. Really want to get going now :-)

Would really like to book my flights but when I mentioned this to my mum she was not impressed with the idea and told me not to put all my eggs in one basket, so will just hang on until the visa has definitely been approved.

Have started to sort out clothes etc. so that we can ship these over in the next month or so, so that's been keeping me occupied :biggrin:

Hiya Anika keep looking at flights too, would love to book it but scared in case visa doesnt come through in time .Mid August is a bit vague..its a pain because they seem to be going fast ...and jump up in prices.........im looking at 16th or 23rd ...from Dublin.......wonder if we ask co can we book it ??????!!!!!!!:laugh:

Hiya Anika keep looking at flights too, would love to book it but scared in case visa doesnt come through in time .Mid August is a bit vague..its a pain because they seem to be going fast ...and jump up in prices.........im looking at 16th or 23rd ...from Dublin.......wonder if we ask co can we book it ??????!!!!!!!:laugh:

Hey Julie who were you looking at flying with from Dublin, did you try Australian Holidays in Dublin?

The weight has been lifted.... ive finally posted my application off today, special delivery. Its such a relief to see it go and fingers crossed they have everything they need. So excited :jiggy:

Hi Samlee337 we can be visa buddies lol. I sent mine yesterday arrived this morning and they have already taken the money. feeling a bit apprehensive about everything now. Hoping that we have provided the right stuff, particularly for me to take my eldest daughter with us (from a previous relationship.

Where are you headed? We hope to go to Sydney but are going to delay it as long as possible. Prob be August next year before we actually move unless we get jobs. Asked fr them to request medicals at the last possible stage. I am not too concerned about the wait because of that, although I am looking forward to being able to apply for jobs when grant is near.

Good luck

Hi K8bug79, we're heading to Perth and as soon as possible really. OH already has his visa but we've not been in a position to get ours (me and our daughter) until the house was sold, however, time was running out with the 1st of July looming so i've sent it off anyway. Hoping to exchange on our house sale this week. Fingers crossed it doesnt fall through :eek:. Ive had such a flap today, OH has been laughing at me running around trying to get things certified. Only remembered at 3 today that my friends dad is a magistrate, so went flying round there with a promise of a bottle of red :wink:. Its just so nerving not really knowing what they're going to decide. Silly really especially when you know its all above board. I suppose only time will tell.

Visa buddies.... i like it !

Hi K8bug79, we're heading to Perth and as soon as possible really. OH already has his visa but we've not been in a position to get ours (me and our daughter) until the house was sold, however, time was running out with the 1st of July looming so i've sent it off anyway. Hoping to exchange on our house sale this week. Fingers crossed it doesnt fall through :eek:. Ive had such a flap today, OH has been laughing at me running around trying to get things certified. Only remembered at 3 today that my friends dad is a magistrate, so went flying round there with a promise of a bottle of red :wink:. Its just so nerving not really knowing what they're going to decide. Silly really especially when you know its all above board. I suppose only time will tell.

Visa buddies.... i like it !

I am with you there, i ran around on Friday and then pics on saturday. I hope the house sale keeps moving for you

Hi Samlee337 we can be visa buddies lol. I sent mine yesterday arrived this morning and they have already taken the money. feeling a bit apprehensive about everything now. Hoping that we have provided the right stuff, particularly for me to take my eldest daughter with us (from a previous relationship.

Where are you headed? We hope to go to Sydney but are going to delay it as long as possible. Prob be August next year before we actually move unless we get jobs. Asked fr them to request medicals at the last possible stage. I am not too concerned about the wait because of that, although I am looking forward to being able to apply for jobs when grant is near.

Good luck

Have you had the police check done yet? That's another one that only lasts a year.

Have you had the police check done yet? That's another one that only lasts a year.

No, we put in the letter to request both at the last point before grant. I guess we'll find out in a few days whether they will do that. When I rang OZ house a while back they said it was fine to do this.

Guest niknak78

Hi all

Paperwork sent off 12/06/2012 spouse visa offshore

CO assigned 20/06/2012

Meds done 25/06/2012

Police checks in process

Exciting :)

Guest niknak78

Nothing as yet, gonna try call him late next week. Im going to send police checks and wait to hear about medicals.

IOM??