SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Brucey, wow the solicitor in you went to town! It is annoying that they don't want all that. I went minimal. I think I included I bank statement for three preceding years. A couple of mortgage statements from our 16 years. 2 stat secs. We did our witness statements and our marriage cert and children's certain. That is about it.

You will get your visa. Let us know when you get your CO.

Guest brucey

That it did, Playghirl - really wishing I'd kept it simple! Just got to sit and wait for the CO to be assigned now...

Welcome Brucey! Congrats on the finished application!

Wow, and I thought my application was humongous. They way they treated you was completely unaccaptable, I'm so glad I sent my application in the post. But you have to admit 15 stat decs when only 2 are required is a bit over the top :wink: I get where you are coming from though. It's such an important step and you just want everything to be perfect.

Did they take the money yet? It shouldn't take too long for a CO to be assigned. Good luck!

Guest brucey

Thanks, Kayla! We paid at the counter yesterday, so don't have that as an indicator unfortunately. The lady said that we should have a CO assigned within 5 days (whilst muttering under her breath that the number of docs we had might hinder that). Just waiting for an email to pop up in my inbox now. Congrats on your own completion - would be a dream if we could have a timeline like that!

Don't worry about it, I'm sure your CO will get in touch soon. Did you frontload your application with police checks?

Lots of people don't seem to do it but I did - had to request police checks from three different countries -thankfully it was all fine.

Guest brucey

Didn't front load...but have actually completed the ACPO form and, pending endorsement by a colleague tomorrow, will send it on Fri. I'm hoping that within the 10 working days it takes for them to process it that I'll have had some kind of request from the CO. Depending on your circumstances, I think it's probably a good idea to front load it like you did.

Benson - thanks very much - really appreciate the feedback. Is good to hear about other peoples experiences. As you can tell from what I submitted, it's been tough trying to gauge what is required and what isn't. Quickly reverting back to an earlier question of mine but do you have any idea what the position is on how recent your statements need to be? I know they're fairy strict on fulfilling the 12 month requirement but, as I said before, the billing cycle for all of our statements is mid-month and has only just passed so we haven't received our paper statements yet. So a lot of what we submitted takes us up to mid-April which kind of only gives me proof for 11 of the last 12 months (if you ignore the previous 18 months that I had to pull out today)...

KT - sounds like you've got the right idea! After our experience today, I would definitely advise keeping it simple. Was so disappointed this morning because it really felt like all our extra effort had actually put us at a disadvantage. Seriously just wishing I'd bulldog-clipped a few docs and put them in an envelope.

The bank statements and evidence should be all the information you had up to the point you made you application. Once your CO is allocated they will look through the evidence and then make a decision if they require any additonal information for May. If they do they will ask you for it and you just need to send Mays details along with your police certificate (send it off ASAP as they like to take the full 10 working days). With the information you have sent they would never say no to the visa, they will just ask for you to send additional information or clarification of existing evidence. You will be fine.

Just keep us all informed.

Good luck

''Anyhow, we took all 5 files to the first counter''

Strewth! If all applications where that big none of us would ever get to Oz! :wink: still I know how frustrating it can be deciding what to put in, what to leave out etc still it's all done now, now you can just sit back and wait for the visa to be granted (they can't ask for anymore!!)

Anyhoooos..... Email from CO today, medical clear, expect visa early September! That would be around 5months for me :biggrin: I'm off to ask nicely if its 309 or 100, fingers crossed

Hi all,

have been reading this post with interest for months now, and finally have something to contribute myself! Yay!

I am the Aussie, hubby is the Pom. We submitted his spouse visa app 09/05/12, and CO emailed back within three days, requesting med and police check. Medical booked for hubby tomorrow in Birmingham (£290 - what a rip off!!! Didn't expect that one!) police forms posted this week. Case officer is MC, have had a quick scan through and couldn't see anyone else with this CO. Excess docs have been sent back to us this week, just not had time to get themfrompost office, so unsure what's come back yet.

Will keep you informed as we progress. I get so nervous even typing about it, but I know we have a long road ahead, so trying to keep a lid on excitement.

As for bank statements, I put in the last three months, hubby could only print off the last two. CO not asked for any more in terms of documents. Hope this helps.

K

Guest MrsWooky

Any partner visa 309/100 applications rejected??

This forum/thread is really useful and reassuring.

I am married to an Australian and we are hoping to move over after Christmas. We finally collated all the documentation required, completed the forms, stat decs etc and submitted the application by post to London on 2/5/2012. Payment was taken on 4/5/2012, CO assigned (LG) and a letter requesting some further information and that I undertake a medical to be submitted electronically. I had my medical and x-ray today in Maidenhead - can't recommend the clinic enough, they were very reassuring and answered all my questions (and gave me a bit of ad hoc unrelated medical advice!), so pending the clear blood test I think the medical will be fine. I submitted the police check with the original application.

I have also submitted all the additional information required although we were concerned that we have nothing in joint names. We have been together for 3 and a half years (living together 3 years 5 months!), married for 2 years. Husband has rented the same flat for 17 years and I own a house that I now rent out. No reason to change any of this (why would we change the lease or mortgage - it just costs money!) and I have explained all this and provided evidence that we share household expenses etc but looking at some of the information/documentation people submit, it worries me a little. Our statements were long and detaied, but other documentation was limited as we did not start planning this move until last summer.

I provided the further documentation requested and received an email stating "No further information was required apart from the medical".

Time is not an issue - we are expecting to wait 5-6 months but will we have to wait this long to find out whether it is approved? And does anyone know of any spouse visa rejections and the reasons? I have had a look but can't find anything on here (or anywhere else). I am just panicking a bit it's a long time to wait to only find out your plans are not going to pan out - we are both in our 40s (no kids) and we haven't got time to waste and if there is a chance we are rejected we want to start looking at other options. I'm hoping I'm being overly cautious...... :-)

Thank you to anyone that can help.

Any partner visa 309/100 applications rejected??

This forum/thread is really useful and reassuring.

I am married to an Australian and we are hoping to move over after Christmas. We finally collated all the documentation required, completed the forms, stat decs etc and submitted the application by post to London on 2/5/2012. Payment was taken on 4/5/2012, CO assigned (LG) and a letter requesting some further information and that I undertake a medical to be submitted electronically. I had my medical and x-ray today in Maidenhead - can't recommend the clinic enough, they were very reassuring and answered all my questions (and gave me a bit of ad hoc unrelated medical advice!), so pending the clear blood test I think the medical will be fine. I submitted the police check with the original application.

I have also submitted all the additional information required although we were concerned that we have nothing in joint names. We have been together for 3 and a half years (living together 3 years 5 months!), married for 2 years. Husband has rented the same flat for 17 years and I own a house that I now rent out. No reason to change any of this (why would we change the lease or mortgage - it just costs money!) and I have explained all this and provided evidence that we share household expenses etc but looking at some of the information/documentation people submit, it worries me a little. Our statements were long and detaied, but other documentation was limited as we did not start planning this move until last summer.

I provided the further documentation requested and received an email stating "No further information was required apart from the medical".

Time is not an issue - we are expecting to wait 5-6 months but will we have to wait this long to find out whether it is approved? And does anyone know of any spouse visa rejections and the reasons? I have had a look but can't find anything on here (or anywhere else). I am just panicking a bit it's a long time to wait to only find out your plans are not going to pan out - we are both in our 40s (no kids) and we haven't got time to waste and if there is a chance we are rejected we want to start looking at other options. I'm hoping I'm being overly cautious...... :-)

Thank you to anyone that can help.

All sounds about standard so far. I think if they have any concerns they will ask for any info sooner rather than later. I have just had an email saying that my visa should be finalised in sept and my CO has just got medical results back so depending how forthcoming your Co is you shouldn't have to wait the full 5-6 months to find out the results. I don't know anyone who has failed to get it, although I'm sure there are. If you are genuine I wouldn't worry about joint bills etc, we hardly had any either but if you can show some evidence of your relationship I think you'll be fine. I don't think spouse visas are restricted so there is no real pressure to keep numbers down. Where are you planning to move to? All being well we'll be in Perth within next 12 months. Good luck!

Guest ScOz
Strewth! If all applications where that big none of us would ever get to Oz! :wink: still I know how frustrating it can be deciding what to put in, what to leave out etc still it's all done now, now you can just sit back and wait for the visa to be granted (they can't ask for anymore!!)

Anyhoooos..... Email from CO today, medical clear, expect visa early September! That would be around 5months for me :biggrin: I'm off to ask nicely if its 309 or 100, fingers crossed

Hey congratulations on being told that you were successful and on getting an approx date. Good luck on getting the 100 answer.

Guest MrsWooky

Thanks Oz Bound

There is no reason we shouldn't be considered genuine - lots of other evidence gathered - but you do hear horror stories. And I've had to keep the husband away from the application (apart from sitting him down to write a statement) as he doesn't do bureacracy very well. I'm Australian, you're my wife, we want to move there, what's the problem - you get the drill! His dad's not much better. His parents are in Adelaide and I had his dad on the phone at the weekend panicking (that's all I need, my father in law getting all anxious about it!). Our plans aren't set in stone yet, we're reluctant to make any firm plans until we know for sure. We're hoping to do a bit of travelling before we get there, land in Darwin to have a look around there (and see if we can handle the heat) and then pitch up in Adelaide to meet the in-laws (all being well with the visa, some time after Christmas). We're really not sure about where we want to settle. He doesn't want to go back to Adelaide permanently so Darwin, Perth and Melbourne are currently in the running. It depends on job opportunities and cost of living (all high by all accounts). Hopefully, while we're doing all this, at some point, the economy in the UK will pick up or at least stabilise and we can sell the house over here at some point.

We're very lucky that we have no strict time limits - there is no way I could wait back here if the other half went back on his own. We just couldn't do it. I know some people don't have a choice and you really feel for them. Anyway, good news about your expected grant date? Let us know whether you expect permanent or temporary (that seems a bit arbitrary as to whether you get one or the other - we've been asked for 3 years documents but not sure what that means, if anything). Who is your CO?

Good luck with the planning (and packing!)

MrsW

You'll be fine, I think marriage is the main qualifying factor along with length of relationship. I honestly don't think its all as hard for genuine relationships as some people fear. i was a bit nervous that I'd not sent as we don't keep stacks of personal paperwork or anything like that, some people say we sent holiday iternieries from X yrs ago, blimey, we bin them when we get back from hols! they don't really care about photos and stuff, unless they clearly show a timeline as it's amazingly easy to 'stage' pics etc hard facts have far more weight so judging by what we submitted and what you've said as long as the meds come back ok you should be fine.

CO is MT

And I'm being assessed for subclass 100 - Happy Days!! - i think this is weighted in our favour as we've been married nearly 3yrs and have got a child so would have been disappointed with 390 but wouldn't have been end of world

Well it was a week ago since I booked my flight for August, got freight companies coming end of next week, to quote. Spent last weekend clearing loft, still got to decide do I take the Xmas tree or not?? Trying to keep everything to a minimum. Got to get a skip to clear the house, redecorate and rent this place till the market picks up. Roll on August. Thanks for all your comments, please let my visa come back on time, pretty please CO. Thinking of everyone on their waiting VISA :hug: Cant wait to get back to my OH, these next couple of months going to be hard x

Guest brucey

CO got in touch today (VF - did anyone else have her?) requesting medical, police cert. AND my girlfriend's UK visa (essentially, her Irish Citizenship Cert...she looked at me blankly when I asked her for it). I'm hoping that's a positive sign and that, at the very least, she's happy with the proof of our relationship/living together. Feel ever so slightly relieved.

Oz Bound Pom - great news on the 100!

PollyGirl - fingers are firmly crossed for a timely grant for you!

PS - anyone know roughly how long it took their meds to get over to Sydney and back again to the CO? Going to book my appointment on Mon but I've been told it's a one week wait.

CO got in touch today (VF - did anyone else have her?) requesting medical, police cert. AND my girlfriend's UK visa (essentially, her Irish Citizenship Cert...she looked at me blankly when I asked her for it). I'm hoping that's a positive sign and that, at the very least, she's happy with the proof of our relationship/living together. Feel ever so slightly relieved.

Oz Bound Pom - great news on the 100!

PollyGirl - fingers are firmly crossed for a timely grant for you!

PS - anyone know roughly how long it took their meds to get over to Sydney and back again to the CO? Going to book my appointment on Mon but I've been told it's a one week wait.

Hi Brucey, its all falling into place for you and obvioulsy good news regarding the fact she doesnt need anymore information.

I also have VF as my CO and she is very good with answering calls and emails. So dont be afraid to phone her up for help. Medicals take about a week to be placed on the system and should be there about the same time as your police cert. Then send the police cert and gf's uk visa and you should be home and dry and recieving another email about how long to wait for your visa to be processed.

relax and good luck.

Posted my application yesterday. Now sitting in a Royal Mail depot until Monday. Putting it together reminded me of my Uni thesis - you think it's almost ready but the final details take so much longer than they should. Getting all the copies of docs certified was a particular pain; the solicitor was fed up of seeing us in the end.

We went fairly minimal on the evidence. Just went with what was on the checklist, plus Wills and the usual stuff (photos, wedding invites etc). Didn't front load with meds and police check (though I have sent off my police check in anticipation of the request).

So I'll be keeping a close eye on the Royal Mail tracker on Monday!

John

Guest brucey
Hi Brucey, its all falling into place for you and obvioulsy good news regarding the fact she doesnt need anymore information.

I also have VF as my CO and she is very good with answering calls and emails. So dont be afraid to phone her up for help. Medicals take about a week to be placed on the system and should be there about the same time as your police cert. Then send the police cert and gf's uk visa and you should be home and dry and recieving another email about how long to wait for your visa to be processed.

relax and good luck.

Thanks, BENS0N. When's your anticipated issue date?

Hi, Just popping on to say Hi. We are almost ready to apply. I have an exam on the 11th of June so concentrating on that first then plan to spend the following week finalising our ap. Ready to submit before July 1st.

Just wanted to ask, we would like a long lead in time. We are thinking apply June, grant Dec/ Jan and to go no earlier than July, more likely August. We ideally don't want to leave it til the last possible moment to go before visa expires so we are wanting to ask them to wait for police checks and medicals until visa is ready to grant. Aus House said just to send a letter stating this and that'll be fine. But has anyone actually done this, is it ok and was the CO quite happy to do it?

Thanks