SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Bazinga

Bamber - just be careful because we were given a 'date' planned everything around it only to be told there's a delay in processing times. It's cost us $$$s.

Guest Bamber

Thanks for the warning guys. I am to just relieved to know that I will actually get it.

We'll be backpacking for 2/3 months when we leave the UK, so a delay wouldn't be too much of a problem for us.

I hope you get some news soon!

Hi guys,

Application sent: 12th April

Money taken: 16th April

CO contact: 17th April

Medical: 30th April

CO: JC

I emailed my CO last week asking if she had received the results of the Medicals but she said not yet and that it can take up to a week from when the panel docotor submits them until they show in their system. She said to check with her again in a week. Not sure how the whole process works but I think when the panel doctor submits the results they go to Australia and once they are processed there they are available to the CO's in London.

Me and my partner are planning to go to Oz at the end of October, really excited and hope everything will work out. Fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone for your applications!

Application sent - 09/03/12

Request police check and medicals - 13/03/12

Medical completed - 23/04/12

No further evidence needed and visa ready for grant mid-august!

now for the wait :SLEEP:

CO - SV

Guest jimmyciara121
Application sent - 09/03/12

Request police check and medicals - 13/03/12

Medical completed - 23/04/12

No further evidence needed and visa ready for grant mid-august!

now for the wait :SLEEP:

CO - SV

landr,

Has the waiting time changed? We have submitted our visa application end of feb, and medicals completed mid april around the same time, and our CO AB says 6 months, so around oct! Im going to be really jealous if your CO says mid august!! lol

landr,

Has the waiting time changed? We have submitted our visa application end of feb, and medicals completed mid april around the same time, and our CO AB says 6 months, so around oct! Im going to be really jealous if your CO says mid august!! lol

Hi Jimmy,

Its from your point of application. First in, first out allegedly. So yours will be set for end of August or before (CO's quote 5-6 months right now).

Unless of course your CO has said something specific to the contrary.

landr,

We're also CO SV and they have confirmed visa will be granted mid August and given us the go ahead to book our flights for the end of Sept.

Counting down and getting excited!

We're also CO SV and they have confirmed visa will be granted mid August and given us the go ahead to book our flights for the end of Sept.

Counting down and getting excited!

Hi Lhigman! I forget... when did you submit your paperwork originally? My CO is a bit more tight fisted with the date ;)

Dave

Hi Lhigman! I forget... when did you submit your paperwork originally? My CO is a bit more tight fisted with the date ;)

Dave

G'day Dave, we submitted on the same day :D We're moving buddies lol Have you started packing yet?

G'day Dave, we submitted on the same day :D We're moving buddies lol Have you started packing yet?

Awesome. Nah no packing. Not taking heaps with us though .... just essentials like my Son's stripey horse. In the fortunate position of staying with my Wife's parents for the first month or so.

Giving work my 1 month notice August 1st - will be booking flights the day we receive Visa ;)

How much are you sending?

Awesome. Nah no packing. Not taking heaps with us though .... just essentials like my Son's stripey horse. In the fortunate position of staying with my Wife's parents for the first month or so.

Giving work my 1 month notice August 1st - will be booking flights the day we receive Visa ;)

How much are you sending?

We've just bought a couple of Tea Chests from Seven Seas to pack...got them but not thought about what to put in them yet! We'll be staying with family too when we land unless we hear that we've def got the house that we're after before then.

Hate wishing time away but also so excited by each day that passes!

We've just bought a couple of Tea Chests from Seven Seas to pack...got them but not thought about what to put in them yet! We'll be staying with family too when we land unless we hear that we've def got the house that we're after before then.

Hate wishing time away but also so excited by each day that passes!

We did the same with Seven Seas. I know what you mean about wishing time away - roll on the Sun. Its going to be a crazy feeling being on that plane. My first long haul flight as well! ;) (My Wife tells me I should really not be looking forward to this part)

We did the same with Seven Seas. I know what you mean about wishing time away - roll on the Sun. Its going to be a crazy feeling being on that plane. My first long haul flight as well! ;) (My Wife tells me I should really not be looking forward to this part)

Wow really! It'll go quickly for you as you'll be so excited! Not looking forwards to the flight so much with our son, he'll be 20 months old and his first flight, ever. This could be fun!

Wow really! It'll go quickly for you as you'll be so excited! Not looking forwards to the flight so much with our son, he'll be 20 months old and his first flight, ever. This could be fun!

Same on the Son part... that is going to suck. He will be... around 7 months I guess.

Got an email today from CO (LG) stating that she now has all the info needed and visa should be ready for finalising in July. :biggrin::biggrin: I submitted on 28th Feb.

I have been buzzing since, I know nothing has changed, but its just that bit of confirmation, whoop whoop!

Guest Columbo
I would like to confirm that all required documents have been received and assessed and your visa is due to be granted around early September 2012.

Just received this from SV. I'm a late march applicant.

So I guess this means I am getting the Visa, date may change . would be so happy with early sep

Hi,

Applied in mid to end March. Has medical in Santry too and police checks sent back. Emailed co SV to see if received and got same as above. Advised would be granted end August. Happy days!!

And we're off!! My boyfriend and I FINALLY submitted our application today (about a month and a half after we had originally planned to). In the end it probably wasn't as extensive as I'd have liked it to be but it was logistically very hard to get all the info we needed with my boyfriend's (closed) accounts being in Australia. So, here is what we sent off - roughly in this order:

My application

His application

Certified copies of both our passports and birth certificates

My police checks - from both Aus and the UK

A statement from him explaining how he will fulfil his sponsorship obligations

A certified copy of a letter from his employer in Aus stating that he had been granted 1 years unpaid leave, his annual salary, and that he shall be returning to work in august 2012 with the same salary

My statement about our relationship

His statement about our relationship

Our joint statement about the nature of the household

Financial evidence: joint bank statements whilst in Australia (march 2011-July 2011), evidence to show I moved money from the UK to aus to help pay rent etc as I couldn't work, joint bank statements from the UK (january 2012-April 2012)

Joint leases showing we have lived together since Feb 2011

Stat decs from friends and family:

1 from his mum with certified passport copy

1 from his granny with certified birth cert

1 from his best friend with certified passport copy

1 from my best friend with certified passport copy

1 from another of his friends

1 statement from my parents witnessed but not an official stat dec which also says we lived with them from august - December 2011

1 statement from my best friend in the UK

Evidence of travel together to:

Bali, Paris, Australia and St Lucia

Joint invites, postcards and letters. All which show dates and addresses on them. We have a wedding invitation and a thank you card from one of the people who wrote a stat dec.

Photos - I put three to a page. I think there were 10-15 pages all together. Maybe too many but most pics showed us at various events with a lot of the people who wrote us stat. decs

I think that's it! Now just eagerly awaiting a response!

@greeneyes: Congrats! It's such a relief to finally post your application after months of preperation, isn't it?

Got an update from my CO today and everything is looking good for my application.

I can confirm that the results of your medicals were uploaded into our system this morning and it has been deemed that you meet the health requirements.

At this stage I require no further information for your partner visa application and your application is now considered to be complete.

Current processing times are 5 to 6 months so I am hoping to be in a position to make a decision on your application around September/October but I will inform you if there are any changes to the processing times.

Sounds pretty generic but it gives me peace of mind to know that they have everything they need. Now I can focus on all the other stuff I have to take care of before the move. Where to begin??? :twitcy:

Edited by Kayla