NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

HI,

they sent me that I have missing documents after 8 weeks ( about time) anyway, did anyone used the ANMAC documents to register to APHRA because I sent them everything again and they should have the anmac file too (which was sent by ANMAC) too and they are not using it. All the documents that they requested are in that file. What can i do?

I was starting to worry about how long it was taking for my Letter of Eligibility to come through, 'cos they emailed me on 15/11 to say they had "no timeframe" in which to assess my registration docs.

However, I just checked my email and I have my LOE! Now, c'mon visa...!

Hello, anyone could tell me please which ones are the exact required documents for ANMAC registration? and a sample of professional reference for nurses? that would help me a lot! thanks

Hello, anyone could tell me please which ones are the exact required documents for ANMAC registration? and a sample of professional reference for nurses? that would help me a lot! thanks

Not sure about exact docs as it doesn't seem to let you know until you submit the application form , but there is a template on Anmac website stating the exact reference required.

Hi All,

Further emails to and from APHRA below, still no decision as yet, seems a long time since the 12 th August when my documents were first acknowledged. Having gone through the AMNAC process an having my skills assessed as equivalent, now APHRA want to revisit this assessment or so it appears. Does anyone know if this is because my diploma and masters are not in nursing qualification specifically, the diploma being in epilepsy and masters in a medical science. Thanks. Paul

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dear Paul

Due to the high volume of overseas applications Australia wide, there is currently no time frame available at this stage for outcomes of internationally qualified Nursing and Midwifery applications.

I am unable to comment on the outcomes of other applications submitted. It all comes down to education equivalence to an Australian Bachelor Degree which is part of the assessment process.

Please be assured that I am aware of your pending application and will contact you as soon as we have further information regarding the status of your application.

Then

You are welcome to contact AHPRA with questions at any time.

Can I please ask if the Master of Science Degree was specific to nursing? I do not have the delegation to advise if your Master of Science MSc Degree in the medical sciences field could be taken into consideration for your current application for general registration as a Registered Nurse.

You are welcome to submit further information/evidence of this qualification to add to your application if you wish.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Slightly off topic I applied to AHPRA and they lodged my application on the 15 October 13. They advised me to contact them in 6 weeks for an update if I haven't heard from them in the interim.

I haven't heard from them so I emailed them on Tuesday 3 December and got a long winded reply however at the end of the email it says my application is in the final stages and I will hear from a registration officer shortly.

Does anyone know if this means they haven't actually check my application yet and are just fobbing me off or is this actually as it says and my reg should be through shortly?

Edited by HenryHamilton

Slightly off topic I applied to AHPRA and they lodged my application on the 15 October 13. They advised me to contact them in 6 weeks for an update if I haven't heard from them in the interim.

I haven't heard from them so I emailed them on Tuesday 3 December and got a long winded reply however at the end of the email it says my application is in the final stages and I will hear from a registration officer shortly.

Does anyone know if this means they haven't actually check my application yet and are just fobbing me off or is this actually as it says and my reg should be through shortly?

It soundly like you are being asked to wait patiently and not to keep on emailing them, that's my thoughts anyway coz i got the same reply at some point and then nothing for the next two months if i don't ring them i get nothing at all...i don't know if it is the Adelaide office or all offices are just swamped with international applications

Hi, I know how you feel, I am about a week behind you in APHRA acknowledgement and had to provide further documents which they received in September. I will keep an eye out for your cheer when yours arrives, may keep me positive that mine will not be far behind. Paul

have u heard from Aphra yet?

Hi, I sent my ahpra form to perth on 31st October. It was received on 14th November. They then received my nmc verification 27th November. Does anybody have any idea how long perth office are taking or how long theirs took? Also is there anywhere on ahpra website that says how long waiting times are? I know back in September someones took 6 weeks. Any applications in Oct, Nov, Dec please? I have my visa would just like to wait for this before booking our flights. Thank you.

Hi, I sent my ahpra form to perth on 31st October. It was received on 14th November. They then received my nmc verification 27th November. Does anybody have any idea how long perth office are taking or how long theirs took? Also is there anywhere on ahpra website that says how long waiting times are? I know back in September someones took 6 weeks. Any applications in Oct, Nov, Dec please? I have my visa would just like to wait for this before booking our flights. Thank you.

I sent mine to Adelaide office on the first on August and am still waiting .

have u heard from Aphra yet?

Hi,

I have had an email this week as below, I find it difficult to believe that having received my documents in August, that they want me to submit further information, they want further info on my Masters degree, as I was only able to submit results at the time and have since attended my graduation. They also want me to document when I trained, when I completed my diploma and then degree, this is because I was trained pre diploma and degree nursing programmes and had to keep pace as it were, with students education.

Paul

I would recommend at this point that if you are willing to submit further information to AHPRA it will be added to your application when it is considered by our Registration Committee. Could you please also include your explanation regarding your education pathway that you have provided in your recent email in a cover letter when you submit the documents?

Hi,

I am a nurse working in Germany and as far as I can see I struggle with the same problems with AHPRA as you do.

It is 13 weeks now since AHPRA received my documents, the fee was claimed and payed within a week and from that moment on I haven't heard anything from them.

After 10 weeks I started calling them weekly with getting contradictory information. From "the assessment will be finalized soon" to "the assessment didn't even start". No request via email has ever been answered.

Last call today: due to a high volume of oversea assessments (e.g. Africa) they can' t give a time frame. But I was given a usefull advise: to check my mails very often- as if this can make the process

faster!

Tomorrow I'll quit my job as I have a period of notice of 6 month (PR Visa time frame: 8/14) with nothing in my hands then the Visa itsself.

So, good luck to all!

Edited by hemzet

• 3 weeks later...

Well. I'm back to square one! I sent off my application in October! Had an e mail asking for documents to be certified by a justice of the peace, so had all documents sent over and application deadline was Boxing Day. Had an e mail on Boxing Day to state that my application was being cancelled and I would receive no extension. When I phoned they stated that the magistrate had not put his JP number on the documents. I asked if I could re send and she said no! She advices that I wait until they have decided on the national minimum of qualifications! If its degree, I will have to wait until September to reply or apply as an enrolled nurse. At this rate, all my documents I have currently sent out will have expired nd I will be paying for them to be certified again! I'm getting so on fused by it all! Aggggghhhhhhhhhhh! :arghh:

so this is the year we put our applications in and start the ball rolling :-) we aregonna start to get the house in a sellable condition. we are hoping to go the end of 2015 is that realistic? I'm a midwife so I'm hoping that helps. could anyone advise when would be the best time to start the application process as I know I have to attend an ahpra office within a year from them registering me

thank you x

Hello knowledgeable people :biggrin:

Anyone that has gone over to oz on a 457, we're you ( did you have to be ) registered with aphra before you left the U.K or did you go over and just wait for registration before starting work?

Not even sure if this is possible but going round in circles with all the websites and different information.

Beka

Well. I'm back to square one! I sent off my application in October! Had an e mail asking for documents to be certified by a justice of the peace, so had all documents sent over and application deadline was Boxing Day. Had an e mail on Boxing Day to state that my application was being cancelled and I would receive no extension. When I phoned they stated that the magistrate had not put his JP number on the documents. I asked if I could re send and she said no! She advices that I wait until they have decided on the national minimum of qualifications! If its degree, I will have to wait until September to reply or apply as an enrolled nurse. At this rate, all my documents I have currently sent out will have expired nd I will be paying for them to be certified again! I'm getting so on fused by it all! Aggggghhhhhhhhhhh! :arghh:
oh that sucks. Am so sorry.