NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hello all.. Im new here.. Just need your help guys and gals.. Anybody here familiar about the reference letter needed for the ANMAC assessment? Please.. Need some help.. I know about the sample, but i have some specific questions, especially about giving competency example.. thank you happy.png

Are you submitting professional references in order to be assessed under a specific ANZSCO code other than 254499, 254111 or 411411?required.png

Are you submitting professional references for points recognition on your visa application with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC)?required.png

Can I use ONE/SAME reference letter for the two questions?

Thanks all.. Your help is very much appreciated..

Hi Khlei87, I used to work with a senior colleague in my previous job and moved to the current job in 2011, she joined the hospital I am currently working in again. I asked her to write me a reference quoting ANZSCO code and explaining in what role she worked with me in my old job and current job. She did a bit of character reference alongside listed specific duties.She used the current job's letterhead.

I am sure you can use the same document to cover more than one question, just do not forget to mention it in the application.

Good luck!:biggrin:

Smitty

Hello. I´m a nurse from Austria and we´re planning to move to Perth/Suburbs 2015. I´ll sit the IELTS on the 28.9 (academic). I´ve searched a lot and already contacted ANMAC because I´m a bit confused. I hope you can help me :) Which way do I have to go to apply for the 189 or 190 visa? In Austria,we don´t have the registration system at the moment but my diploma has the EU directive 2005/36 and I´ll get an official certificate.Is it the assessment of ANMAC or APHRA? ANMAC told me that if I´ll apply for temporary visa or employed sponsored visa I do not need to get through the assessment of them. I´m totally confused :) Can you please tell me where I have to send my documents, translated and verified to after I´ve (hopefully)passed the IELTS? Thank you very much!

Hi, AHPRA is for registration to be allowed to work as a nurse in Oz, whilst ANMAC is responsible for immigrants to check whether your study is comparable to Oz content and you're on the SOL. In the end, you have to assess at ANMAC before going into the 189 or 190 visa path. After being assessed, you need to register at AHPRA. Good luck!

hi everyone,

Can anyone help me with the aphra application. In question 9 they ask for identification documents and to at least one document from each of the categories. Category A is Commencement of identity in Australia. I lodged for the visa but still waiting for a CO. Does it mean I have to wait for my visa before I apply aphra. I dont understand :(

Thank you!Ok so now we have the first problem. I'm at home at the moment(my daughter is 1)an I'm having parent time(?) until she is 2,5. So I'm not working as a nurse right now and anmac assesses nurses who are working the last 3months full time. I'm not going back to my concern we wanted to complete all the registration and visa stuff during my parent time and we thought of going to Perth where I start casua work. That means the end of ou plans right?

hi everyone,

Can anyone help me with the aphra application. In question 9 they ask for identification documents and to at least one document from each of the categories. Category A is Commencement of identity in Australia. I lodged for the visa but still waiting for a CO. Does it mean I have to wait for my visa before I apply aphra. I dont understand :(

Hey,

I just sent off my AHPRA application today. There are special circumstances for overseas applicants...

You can submit usual birth certificate and passport plus any marriage certificate or name change etc. Then when the application has been processed you will be deemed eligible for registration and in order to gain full registration you must present to one of the AHPRA offices on arrival with furher documentation.

Hope this helps

Sam

Hi guys!!

Couple of questions if you don't mind me picking your brains...

1. This may sound dim, but certifying documents, can any solicitor certify or does it have to be a specific solicitor?

2. In regards to the getting references over the last 5 years, does that include your time at uni, or your previous employer before uni as I have only been in employment as a nurse for 9 months?

3. When asking uni/nmc to send documents straight to aphra, is there a specific office or identity number? Surely a random document amongst thousands would be lost?

4. I am hoping to be in Oz in a years time, can I apply for my registration and renew every year even if I was in the UK or at least until I get to Oz?

5. In the application form it states which state if no residential address, would this depend on the office where is was processed?

6. Do I have to do an IELTS course if I've spend last 5 years in English assessed education?

Any help would be super appreciated

love Abbi xx

Edited by abbilouiseslatter

Thank you!Ok so now we have the first problem. I'm at home at the moment(my daughter is 1)an I'm having parent time(?) until she is 2,5. So I'm not working as a nurse right now and anmac assesses nurses who are working the last 3months full time. I'm not going back to my concern we wanted to complete all the registration and visa stuff during my parent time and we thought of going to Perth where I start casua work. That means the end of ou plans right?

Not sure where you read that. In fact, ANMAC is responsible for the assessment of you as a European nurse when applying for PR visa. It does not matter how long you worked ever, if you want to apply as a nurse on SOL, you must get ANMAC assessed. Usually they define a range of "has worked at least x months full time in the last y years", which mean, everything is fine for you!

Btw, everything you need is already stated in your PM in the German Australia forum!

Edited by hemzet

I've submitted my visa application. Am awaiting a CO to be assigned, and need to get PCC/Health checks.

I'm just wondering, about a question on the eHealth section on the DIAC website.

It asks whether 'you've ever been in contact with a person known to have tb'. Now as a nurse, obviously I've been in contact with people with tb, so i was going to answer that question with 'yes'. Have other people filled the question in that way, or am i interpreting it wrong? My Husband thought the questions more asking if you've had long term exposure to tb, which I haven't...

Any advice?

I've submitted my visa application. Am awaiting a CO to be assigned, and need to get PCC/Health checks.

I'm just wondering, about a question on the eHealth section on the DIAC website.

It asks whether 'you've ever been in contact with a person known to have tb'. Now as a nurse, obviously I've been in contact with people with tb, so i was going to answer that question with 'yes'. Have other people filled the question in that way, or am i interpreting it wrong? My Husband thought the questions more asking if you've had long term exposure to tb, which I haven't...

Any advice?

i would tend to agree with your husband , hopefully a nurse who has already answered that q will help out

It asks whether 'you've ever been in contact with a person known to have tb'. Now as a nurse, obviously I've been in contact with people with tb, so i was going to answer that question with 'yes'. Have other people filled the question in that way, or am i interpreting it wrong?

Well, I answered with 'No'...

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks nic1171 I'm hoping its for points purposes too, but will email them and ask. Didn't even think of that. Doh!

hi , just wondering if you found out whether a professional reference was needed if you dont want the points from Anmac,or is just a statement of service sufficient for Anmac, thanks

hi , just wondering if you found out whether a professional reference was needed if you dont want the points from Anmac,or is just a statement of service sufficient for Anmac, thanks

Hey!

It's still needed for standards three and four to say you've practiced recently and it says it must be in the form of a professional reference. There is a template on the anmac website for guidance on this but it must include details of your role, the ward setting and cpd.

Hope this helps

Sam

Applied to AHPRA a week ago, not heard anything yet, but I've seen people on here waiting 2-4 weeks, so hopefully not long left.

Well, I applied a month ago and received only one signal from AHPRA. The credit card was charged. Gave them a call this week asking whether the ANMAC documents have arrived. Thus they told me everything is fine for now. However, a case manager would start with the application end of November earliest. Doesn't seem to be a fast lane...

Well, I applied a month ago and received only one signal from AHPRA. The credit card was charged. Gave them a call this week asking whether the ANMAC documents have arrived. Thus they told me everything is fine for now. However, a case manager would start with the application end of November earliest. Doesn't seem to be a fast lane...

It often depends on the individual office, some are faster than others, mine only took 8 days from receiving documents. I suppose it depends if your CV and evidence of professional development is ok, I think this is where people experience delays. I sent mine to Darwin. Good luck

There isn't a fast lane, whilst it's frustrating and some offices seem to have less applications than others (and therefore may be quicker .. probably temporarily), we have to remember that they will be receiving probably hundreds of applications every week from all around the world.