NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi ,

I am planning to join the bridging course for nurses in Australia .

I have a Aus PR .From India .

http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Overseas-Practitioners.aspx

tells that IELTS 7 score needs to be obtained in ONE sitting .

Is that true . Can you confirm . candidates with TWO sitting not allowed for AHPRA and bridging ?

Appreciate a response much .

Hi ,

I am planning to join the bridging course for nurses in Australia .

I have a Aus PR .From India .

http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Overseas-Practitioners.aspx

tells that IELTS 7 score needs to be obtained in ONE sitting .

Is that true . Can you confirm . candidates with TWO sitting not allowed for AHPRA and bridging ?

Appreciate a response much .

I don't know about bridging but for AHPRA nursing registration IELTS 7 score must be obtained in ONE sitting. I guess it will be same for bridging because when you apply to AHPRA nursing registration then only AHPRA advise you to do the bridging course.

Hope that helps..

Hi

Can You please inform me about assessment process for Nurse with ANAMC.

My partner who is in India and did three years diploma of nursing and been working in her field from last two years.

Can she apply for migration assessment?

I am working as vocational teacher in Perth from almost a year now and I was wondering if she can have her assessment then I may be awarded extra 5 points for partner qualification.

I was not sure about minimum level of educational qualification required for migration purposes at the moment.

​Please help!!!!

Not registration related but........ I'm wanting to go to college in the uk to do a nursing degree but found out that I have to do an 'access course' first as I don't get the grades in school. If I did the access course for a year and pass, then move onto nursing and only do 2 years study, could I then move to Perth and do my last year of studying there? e're heading back to Perth in jan 2016 and I won't have the full 3 years to complete the nursing here?

Hi

Can You please inform me about assessment process for Nurse with ANAMC.

My partner who is in India and did three years diploma of nursing and been working in her field from last two years.

Can she apply for migration assessment?

I am working as vocational teacher in Perth from almost a year now and I was wondering if she can have her assessment then I may be awarded extra 5 points for partner qualification.

I was not sure about minimum level of educational qualification required for migration purposes at the moment.

​Please help!!!!

Hi,

Please check the website http://www.anmac.org.au/international-services you will find all the information. I believe your partner is only registered with one of the nursing council in India so I'm afraid she won't be eligible to apply for ANMAC however she can apply for AHPRA registration once registered with AHPRA she should be eligible to apply for ANMAC. For AHPRA registration website http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/Registration-Standards.aspx

Has you wife completed any additional courses after her nursing diploma. Recently my friend's wife applied for AHPRA registration and as she just diploma holder and not BSc in Nursing she has been denied for registration as a Registered Nurse but has been accepted for registration as an Enrolled Nurse. I think they want either BSc nursing nurses or diploma holders with additional post registration courses. But I may be wrong so you need to find out.

Hope that helps.

.......Mansawant

Mr.Ali,

We are going to Australia on a PR visa, my question is about my wife she is a nurse and she wanted to work as well. What are the procedures in applying and registering we will be located in Wodonga.

She needs to apply for registration, you can download application form online at AHPRA , when do you go?

Hi, my documents have been received by AMNAC, I have had an email to say they will let me know when the assessment is started, does anyone know the current wait time, I see on the website that it can take up to 12 weeks for the assessment too. Thanks. Paul

Hi, I am after some advice! I sent off my APHRA form in January and received a reply last month stating that their requirements had changed from when i sent it in and i now needed to provide detailed statements of services from my bosses. After much pleading and emailing I have finally received them, however as I am now in Australia I had to get my bosses to send the reference to my parents and they scanned them and emailed them to me (as they had to be signed...) I am now worried that they wont be accepted as it is obvious they have been scanned and printed off and are not an 'original copy' - no idea what else I can do though as I cant really ask my bosses to pay for them to be posted to oz!! Any advice guys????

Also, my friend received a reply after I did stating she needed to provide evidence of continuing practice...I didnt get told this in my email and am now worried they have changed the guidelines AGAIN and i'll send the new evidence off only to get told I need to add more stuff! What evidence proves continuing practice?!

sorry for the stupid questions, in case you didnt notice, I HATE APHRA!!!! ;)

Could your parents not post out the original for you? Send it by courier so you get it within 4-5 days? I sent everything to AHPRA at the start of April , they emailed me 2 wks later saying that the letter I had sent from my secondary school did not have enough evidence that I was taught in English, so I managed to get the school to write another one! I'm waiting to hear from them again if its been accepted, it's a long waiting game!! Good luck!!

Hi, thanks, that is true,the whole process means you have to have patience. AMNAC emailed me to say the 12weeks is from the time they receive your application, this is good news. They also say they will forward all the file to APHRA once the assessment is completed. Paul

Hi there

Just after some advice please. I'm due to qualify next year with a degree, hoping to do my six month preceptorship in ED. We are hoping to apply for a 190 visa through my partners occupation, we are currently at skills assessment stage.

My questions are how much post qualified experience do I need to register with AHPRA and will I still need to do IELTS if I am not the main visa holder?

Thank you in advance!

Hi there

Just after some advice please. I'm due to qualify next year with a degree, hoping to do my six month preceptorship in ED. We are hoping to apply for a 190 visa through my partners occupation, we are currently at skills assessment stage.

My questions are how much post qualified experience do I need to register with AHPRA and will I still need to do IELTS if I am not the main visa holder?

Thank you in advance!

you can apply to register with AHPRA as soon as you have your NMC pin, I am not sure how it works with ref think they accept from tutor but def you can do it as I am about to start a job with a bunch of recently qualified one who is waiting on her pin to make the application. Re IELTS if you can evidence via exam certs 5 years of education in English mix of school college uni then you will be exempt unless you are from a diff country, the ones the education rule applies are UK USA Canada and I thin South Africa also

​mem

Hi

Can anyone please let me know what is the situation of nursing in Perth regarding job opportunities for a registered nurse who has finished her graduate program ? Can she get Level 1 jobs at Public Hospital there ?

Thank you

Guest Gi Gie

HI THERE EVERYONE!! I am new to this forum and I hope anyone of you knows how to deal with this issue. You see our hospital won't issue a referrence letter with a letter head. I am very much bothered by this because ANMAC had told me to secure another one with the official letter head of the hospital. I approached the nursing directress once again and they still won't have my referrence letter on a letter head since they consider it as a personal document from the supervisor who made the reference letter. My agent from oz also can't understand how the hospital won't provide us such document. I really don't know what to do. Another prob was my IELTS result. It was sent last january and ANMAC emailed my agent that they haven't received it. However, I clearly remembered checking on DHL that the packaged was signed by ANMAC. I've read posts of losts documents to ANMAC that applicants need to resend them once again. I hope and pray that everything goes well.

Hey hoo, I got my ahpra in principal registration approved so am eligible. Thanks for the support guys. Now the question is I want to go on 457 visa with public hospitals. Does anyone know how I can get the job or how I can go about it. Even agencies I don't mind. Thanks for your help guys.

​am ready

Hey hoo, I got my ahpra in principal registration approved so am eligible. Thanks for the support guys. Now the question is I want to go on 457 visa with public hospitals. Does anyone know how I can get the job or how I can go about it. Even agencies I don't mind. Thanks for your help guys.

​am ready

Google healthstaffrecruitment