Sellling house - has anyone managed to do it?

froggirl

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest man2010
we had great difficulty with our tenants so if you can afford to leave it on the market for a little longer i would!!

thanx for your advice! That's my greatest fear;having nightmare tenants thousands of miles away!

Guest Batfinktasha
congrats! That's a relief for you. we haven't sold but going anyway and am now struggling to decide between leaving the house on rent or leave it on for sale for a bit longer. What do others think? its such a nightmare!:arghh::skeptical::nah::no::unsure:

Thank you.

I reckon if you have the choice to rent then do it. We werent in that position as our mortgage was too high to rent it out plus we needed the fund from the sale , so had to sell. If you have enough funds to survive out there and rent then that for me would be the choice. Good luck with what ever you decide. Tx:hug:

Guest man2010
Thank you.

I reckon if you have the choice to rent then do it. We werent in that position as our mortgage was too high to rent it out plus we needed the fund from the sale , so had to sell. If you have enough funds to survive out there and rent then that for me would be the choice. Good luck with what ever you decide. Tx:hug:

Thanks for your input,I really appreciate all your comments. My choices are leave it for sale and convert the mortgage to interest only which is affordable or rent it for the value of the mortgage repayments and sell later when the market has improved,but will it ever:v_SPIN:

at the moment,we are marketing it for sale and instructed the EA to show it to tenants looking for property like ours. All the best to all trying to sale.

:swoon: ooooohh ya ... we have just signed our contract and e mailed them back two years later and 30 k less we sold it !

unless they change their mind before fri am on completion day...............

Mahoosive Congrats Sharon, so chuffed for you hun, at last X:yellow_guy_smiling_

To all the others that have sold CONGRATULATIONS to you too X:yellow_guy_smiling_

Guest SophieB

Hi everyone,

We got our visas in 2009 and did a 5 week recce in April this year to make sure we were certain. Our house has been on the market since we got home in May (so 5 months) and we have had over 20 viewings including 3 or 4 second viewings but only one offer of £30K under our asking price.

I pretty much know we are going to make a loss on the house, after all we bought it in October 2007. We're just waiting for a price that's anywhere near reasonable. We are in the West Midlands in a nice area and have a standard 3 bed semi with lovely garden (am I selling it to you??!!) and we bought it in the first place because we knew it would be easy to sell (haha) well, at least much easier than the previous house we had.

We don't plan on emigrating until next summer but we're desperate for things to happen in the right order to reduce the stress. We just don't want to rent out, it's such a risk and it leaves massive ties behind.

Sophie

Guest man2010
OK so the house has been on the market 3 weeks and we got an offer yesterday YIPPIE you might think:nah: wait for it €60,000 under the asking price WTF are they thinking the cheek needless to say we told them were to go:realmad:.

I think this might take a while.

To be continued...................

Maria.x

K60 below asking is cheeky! People are mean and selfish,but then you worry about the market getting worse and in retrospect that offer might look good:unsure:

Guest Sebbers

Well we agreed our sale a couple of weeks ago, survey has been done and solicitors instructed it seems after almost 4 years after we started this journey we are soon to be on our way. We are selling to someone we know so hopefully the sale will complete without any problems, we are hoping to go late Feb. I have had one or two 'wobbles' since it was agreed and been quite emotional. I guess there will be alot more tears along the way as we finally put together the final pieces of the puzzle.

Well my solicitor rang yesterday at 14.12 to tell me that the buyers solicitor was finally happy with all the information provided following his list of 40 queries and was I happy to exchange today and complete on FRIDAY. I said hell yeah. Shame it didn't happen. Hopefully get a call this morning to confirm the exchange. I'm surrounded by boxes, not sure where to start now. Fingers crossed it happens today.

Hi news at last

We have exchanged contracts and complete on the 26h November!! finally:jiggy:Flights now booked and we fly out 15th Jan 2011 to Perth yippeeeeee. Got just under what we wanted for the house but happy with it as more than what we paid for 3 years ago so cant complain, just need some where to rent till after xmas now.

All the best to you all

Tasha

That's great news !!!!

Premier inn is only £29 a night with no bills :wink:

Hi everyone,

We got our visas in 2009 and did a 5 week recce in April this year to make sure we were certain. Our house has been on the market since we got home in May (so 5 months) and we have had over 20 viewings including 3 or 4 second viewings but only one offer of £30K under our asking price.

I pretty much know we are going to make a loss on the house, after all we bought it in October 2007. We're just waiting for a price that's anywhere near reasonable. We are in the West Midlands in a nice area and have a standard 3 bed semi with lovely garden (am I selling it to you??!!) and we bought it in the first place because we knew it would be easy to sell (haha) well, at least much easier than the previous house we had.

We don't plan on emigrating until next summer but we're desperate for things to happen in the right order to reduce the stress. We just don't want to rent out, it's such a risk and it leaves massive ties behind.

Sophie

Totally know how you are feeling but fingers crossed it all picks up in january and you will be on your way in the summer !!!

Good luck xx

OK so the house has been on the market 3 weeks and we got an offer yesterday YIPPIE you might think:nah: wait for it €60,000 under the asking price WTF are they thinking the cheek needless to say we told them were to go:realmad:.

I think this might take a while.

To be continued...................

Maria.x

So fustrating !!! Hate flipping time wasters xx

Well we agreed our sale a couple of weeks ago, survey has been done and solicitors instructed it seems after almost 4 years after we started this journey we are soon to be on our way. We are selling to someone we know so hopefully the sale will complete without any problems, we are hoping to go late Feb. I have had one or two 'wobbles' since it was agreed and been quite emotional. I guess there will be alot more tears along the way as we finally put together the final pieces of the puzzle.

Not long now hun

It's the finally count down do do do, do do do do do !!!!

Are you singing :wink:

Em x

Well my solicitor rang yesterday at 14.12 to tell me that the buyers solicitor was finally happy with all the information provided following his list of 40 queries and was I happy to exchange today and complete on FRIDAY. I said hell yeah. Shame it didn't happen. Hopefully get a call this morning to confirm the exchange. I'm surrounded by boxes, not sure where to start now. Fingers crossed it happens today.

Good luck hope you get the phone call xx

Guest Sebbers
Not long now hun

It's the finally count down do do do, do do do do do !!!!

Are you singing :wink:

Em x

Am I singing, what do you think are you ready Hi Hoooooooooooo

Good luck hope you get the phone call xx

Didn't get it Monday, didn't get it Tuesday, stressed all day today too. At 16.15 the buyer turned up at my door, I thought he was going to tell me that they were pulling out, he lives on the next street, so I thought he was doing the right thing by telling me himself as we'll see each other around. But no he wanted to know if I'd heard anything. Anyway at 16.50 while he was still here gossiping, he got a call from his solicitor to say we have exchanged. Now its a mad dash as we are completing on Friday. Hubby is out in the garage as I type trying to power wash his tools :biglaugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Our house concluded on the 1st December, Crown came on the 6th and 8th (due to Scotland being snowed in), and the new owners were in by 3pm on Friday 10th December.

Our flights to Sydney via Singapore for a few relaxing nights will be booked on Saturday.

We're currently staying with the wife's dad until the 24th Jan which is when we want to fly out.

Nearly there, then we start it all in reverse.

John & Mo.

Guest Sebbers

Well our sale is at the point of 'queries before contract' raised, not sure what that means exactly as our solicitor has said it relates to matters not covered in protocol documents. Anyone got any suggestions about what sort of queries at this stage could be raised, I'm afraid I've never sold a house before so have absolutely no idea what to expect

well we had resolved ourselves to renting the house out as we couldnt sell it even though we knocked 45k off the asking price when out of the blue we got a viewer on tuesday and we accepted their offer on wednesday! they want to be in by mid Jan at the latest as they have just returned from the States and need to be in quickly :biggrin: - we booked the shippers today for first week in Jan and are flying yo Perth at the end of Jan and I cant bloody wait now! cant concentrate on xmas - I am too preoccupied with everything else!

Keep your hopes up - this was the only viewer we have had in 9 months of trying to sell the house - they say it only takes 1 to buy it :wink:

Diz x x

Great news Diz, it helps me keep my hopes up that the one buyer may pop up before we rent it out. We've resigned ourselves to the fact we'll rent it out in the new year. Been on the market 6 months now, lots of viewers initially but not much since Sept.

Enjoy your last few weeks,

Shaz

Archived