Sellling house - has anyone managed to do it?

froggirl

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Typical, we now have a viewing on Sat:wacko:

I'm sure you'd probably rather sell than rent, so fingers crossed for you. It seems to happen like that, people decide to get organised and arrange to rent, then it sells!

Have you set a date for moving, or booked flights yet?

Shaz

Guest jaybers222

Hi,

We accepted an offer on our house yesterday. It was on less than a month with 8 viewers and we've taken a couple thousand under the home report (Scotland). I didn't think in a million years it would happen like this - we are still trying to lodge the visas!!

Does anyone have a phone number for HBA health insurance that we can call from the UK? We need them to send the confirmation urgently to get these fast-tracked!!!

I'm sure you'd probably rather sell than rent, so fingers crossed for you. It seems to happen like that, people decide to get organised and arrange to rent, then it sells!

Have you set a date for moving, or booked flights yet?

Shaz

hi Shaz

no we haven't booked anything yet, we've just received the application form from our mortgage lenders to request permission to rent the house out. We'll wait until after the viewing before we send it off. (just in case). We wanted to go by end of Nov really so we could get kids enrolled ready to start school when they reopen but what will be will be and i'm sure it will be fine. We're just getting a little impatient as we've had the visa since April and my daughter doesn't want to go.

hi Shaz

no we haven't booked anything yet, we've just received the application form from our mortgage lenders to request permission to rent the house out. We'll wait until after the viewing before we send it off. (just in case). We wanted to go by end of Nov really so we could get kids enrolled ready to start school when they reopen but what will be will be and i'm sure it will be fine. We're just getting a little impatient as we've had the visa since April and my daughter doesn't want to go.

Did you call the mortgage lender? Ours requested a rental of 125% of the mortgage payment. Not do-able.

I know what you mean about getting out in November, I'd wanted to do that for schools too, but just thinking now if it happens it happens, if not, I'm sure lots of kids start through the year. Probably not ideal, but I'd love to get the home report value for the house, love the xchange rate to be 2:1, love to be there in Nov etc, but dont think its gonna happen!

Your kids seem at a tricky age so hopefully you get out there soon and they settle in well.

Good luck for Saturday,

Shaz

hi Guys

just a bit of an update, we have just exchanged contracts on our house, pretty much two years to the day that we put it on the market, to say its been trying is an understatement!

Ian jetted off to oz yesterday to start a new job and myself and jack will follow on 12 Oct, shippers are coming on wed so its all systems go.

God luck to all of you selling, its is hard, there have been days when we have really questioned whether or not our move to oz has meant to be BUT we have persevered and eventually its all happening.

So stick to your guns and it will happen all in its own good time

Claire x

Fantastic news !!

All you can do now is look forward not behind and whoo hoo off you all go to Oz !!

Enjoy your new life in Oz

Emma and Gang

Hello all, just joined this thread! Never mentioned it before because the whole thing was really getting to me.

WE HAVE SOLD OUR HOUSE - ITS OFFICIAL TODAY and no going back (no CO or Visa yet though)

In the grand scheme of things selling our home was not a matter of life and death, yes we need the pennies to put in the bank but, we like our cosy home. Whether we get to Auz. or not (fate will decide) we need to move as we have outgrown our house. We, as a family have had many happy moments and one or two sad ones that have helped us grow in strength, but it is time to move on.

Like some others our house has been on the market for just short of two years, the buyers messed us around, dragged their feet and 'tried' to play hardball! As we had dropped 12,000 we would not budge and they finally got the message (4 months later...).

Good luck to all, hang on in there. Ley & family x

Well done to you and your family !!

Fingers crossed for a speedy visa xx

Emma and Gang

Did you call the mortgage lender? Ours requested a rental of 125% of the mortgage payment. Not do-able.

I know what you mean about getting out in November, I'd wanted to do that for schools too, but just thinking now if it happens it happens, if not, I'm sure lots of kids start through the year. Probably not ideal, but I'd love to get the home report value for the house, love the xchange rate to be 2:1, love to be there in Nov etc, but dont think its gonna happen!

Your kids seem at a tricky age so hopefully you get out there soon and they settle in well.

Good luck for Saturday,

Shaz

mortgage lender wouldn't discuss any aspect of it over the phone. I have to fill in application form and send chq for £220 before i can get any infor out of them. But like you say que sera sera x:wubclub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Batfinktasha

all gone quiet at our end, their surveyor has been and gone, filled out the fixture and fittings form... not heard a dicky bird since. Hope alls ok... looking for somewhere to rent at the mo so we arent homeless at Christmas. Still keeping everything crossed cause it aint over till its signed on the dotted line. Good luck all. Txx

all gone quiet too, changed EA did all paperwrok fotos etc, dropped price 10k 2 weeks later not a single viewing, told em they have til end of nov then pull off market and leave til next year, resigned to fact that nowt will happen now til next spring at earliest maybe luckier for it tho. have to book return trips to my sons wedding there now, so that pretty wasted money, having to do return trips.

:wacko:Well house off market, new ea instructed to rent it out. Permission given by mortgage lender. Flights are decent price until 1st Dec then they go up so think i might just book them. EA thinks she can get someone in within the month. Had 3 shipping quotes in but can't decide which one to use. They all said 2 weeks notice is plenty. Perhaps i should start a poll. (if i knew how) Anglo Pacific, Crown or Pickfords??? aarrgg so scared!

Hi Everyone, It wasn't that long ago that we were in the same position as you all. It's a bloody awfull time & personally found it more stressful than waiting for our visas & thats saying something!!! Good luck to you all. Hope you all get buyers soon X

Mark & Tracey, We used Crown & cannot fault them ( good luck with the move & your new lives in Oz) X

Guest Sebbers

Well instructed agent to knock another 5k off the asking price, for us that's as far as we are prepared to go with it, fingers crossed it will generate some interest. Going to wait and see if anything happens before xmas if not, seriously going to consider taking it off the market and renting it out. Not an option I am thrilled about but hey needs must!

all gone quiet at our end, their surveyor has been and gone, filled out the fixture and fittings form... not heard a dicky bird since. Hope alls ok... looking for somewhere to rent at the mo so we arent homeless at Christmas. Still keeping everything crossed cause it aint over till its signed on the dotted line. Good luck all. Txx

Fingers crossed for you and I am sure it is fine x

all gone quiet too, changed EA did all paperwrok fotos etc, dropped price 10k 2 weeks later not a single viewing, told em they have til end of nov then pull off market and leave til next year, resigned to fact that nowt will happen now til next spring at earliest maybe luckier for it tho. have to book return trips to my sons wedding there now, so that pretty wasted money, having to do return trips.

You are thinking the same as us but you never know there might just be that one person :wink:

Shame you will be coming back after the wedding but all your family and friends will be pleased so they can look at all the wedding pictures xxx

:wacko:Well house off market, new ea instructed to rent it out. Permission given by mortgage lender. Flights are decent price until 1st Dec then they go up so think i might just book them. EA thinks she can get someone in within the month. Had 3 shipping quotes in but can't decide which one to use. They all said 2 weeks notice is plenty. Perhaps i should start a poll. (if i knew how) Anglo Pacific, Crown or Pickfords??? aarrgg so scared!

We have had the same people round plus pss and we are going to go for crowne, i liked the fact that they have a crowne in perth x

Good luck and not long now get booking them flights sunshine very soon x

Dont be scared be excited :biggrin:

Emma and Gang

Well instructed agent to knock another 5k off the asking price, for us that's as far as we are prepared to go with it, fingers crossed it will generate some interest. Going to wait and see if anything happens before xmas if not, seriously going to consider taking it off the market and renting it out. Not an option I am thrilled about but hey needs must!

Have every thing crossed for you hun xxx

We had another viewer today was a bitof a suprise as agents rang this morning to say they were viewing today at 2:20 so went into panic getting house loking good and feed back was they liked it and will call agent tomorrow so never know x

Anyone else anything happening ?

We had another viewer today was a bitof a suprise as agents rang this morning to say they were viewing today at 2:20 so went into panic getting house loking good and feed back was they liked it and will call agent tomorrow so never know x

Anyone else anything happening ?

:jiggy:ooh fingers crossed for you guys

jools x

Archived