Sellling house - has anyone managed to do it?

froggirl

after 9 months and a couple of false dawns we've now exchanged contracts on the house sale,subject to me getting some paperword from the local council,what a huge relief,now we can get busy sorting shipping, flights etc,we move out of the house on the 15th oct so plenty to do in a short time,now its happening its getting a bit scary

Fantastic news for you !!!

Busy busy busy enjoy your last few weeks with friends and family xx

Oh and get the champers out :wink:

Emma and Gang

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think a missed a few days of this thread - I'm sorry Shaz and the Butlers - sounds like you are having a pretty hard time. Hope things improve for you very soon.

Bit more news from us - we had given our buyers til the end of the month to find a buyer for theirs (or we would rent it out long term) they have taken on another estate agency and have been getting people through the door and seems they have an offer, the lady is seeing her mortage consultant today so hopefully that is all good news and our sale can proceed soon. Surveys etc have already been done for our buyer. My husband will have to stay on a bit longer than we hoped but he has given himself a deadline of the end of September. Its going to be weird not having him around - in 16 years we have never been apart longer than a week, we have only know each other that long. Anyway still looking forward to going next Sunday and seeing my family!!

Good luck everyone!

Keeping everything crossed for you Mrs Niz - you deserve some good fortune after your recent disappointment - Hope it all works out!!

after 9 months and a couple of false dawns we've now exchanged contracts on the house sale,subject to me getting some paperword from the local council,what a huge relief,now we can get busy sorting shipping, flights etc,we move out of the house on the 15th oct so plenty to do in a short time,now its happening its getting a bit scary

Hurray ! ! What a relief! Congrats!!

You move out same day as us !!! Our shippers coming in 12th/13th (hopefully not an unlucky date!) and then we are off 8th Nov - what about you?

Congratulations!!!! good luck with the big move!

Congratulations! No need to keep the house spotless now, but lots more to keep you busy. Send some of your luck over to the west coast.

Shaz

Sorry in advance for the moan something that I very rarely do as you wil be able to see from previous posts !!!

But sore subject alert :mad:

After waiting 3 years to get our permanent visa's and costing us £7,000, and being told you have to wait another 3 years then 6 months later getting the visa but not given enough time to sell house before well have to validate them which then cost us our well earned holiday to turkey to validate our visas and costing another £3,000 and my husbands job we do not have a choice as our only money is in our house which of course has lost lots of money and cost us lots of money to get up to selling standard to make as much money as we can !!!!!

So really would rather not be reminded how much money we will be losing if we take what little we have left !!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to just get that off my chest !!!!

Will try and remain positive even though it quite hard to do when you have comments that are not so positive !!!!!

Emma and Gang

am with you Emma and know exactly how you feel cos we're in similar situation.Our house has been on the market for 2 months and I know compared to a lot of people on this thread 2 months doesnt seem too long,but with zero viewers, it makes me feel we will never sell it:sad: we've used all our savings on sorting out the visa,sprucing up the house to make the house sellable.... but we need to move to Aus by February'11 to validate,nearly impossible with house not sold:arghh:

am with you Emma and know exactly how you feel cos we're in similar situation.Our house has been on the market for 2 months and I know compared to a lot of people on this thread 2 months doesnt seem too long,but with zero viewers, it makes me feel we will never sell it:sad: we've used all our savings on sorting out the visa,sprucing up the house to make the house sellable.... but we need to move to Aus by February'11 to validate,nearly impossible with house not sold:arghh:

Why not just go & come back then wait for more favourable time. I am persuming you only need to validate & you have the next 5 years to go ?

Why not just go & come back then wait for more favourable time. I am persuming you only need to validate & you have the next 5 years to go ?

no we are hoping to make one move permanenty cos I have a job ligned up.

Fantastic news for you !!!

Busy busy busy enjoy your last few weeks with friends and family xx

Oh and get the champers out :wink:

Emma and Gang

thanks emma,your time will come,its now getting very busy,started making a list of things to do and there's more getting added to it every day than what gets scored of it as being done

cheers

weegogs

Hurray ! ! What a relief! Congrats!!

You move out same day as us !!! Our shippers coming in 12th/13th (hopefully not an unlucky date!) and then we are off 8th Nov - what about you?

hi

our shippers are the 13th,14th then off on the 25th,after waiting so long to sell its not really sunk in that we leave in just over a months time

regards

weegogs

Congratulations! No need to keep the house spotless now, but lots more to keep you busy. Send some of your luck over to the west coast.

Shaz

hi shaz

as you know its a nightmare trying to keep the house spotless with a 2yo,and lucks on its way over now

weegogs

Try to be possitive you still have until feb and if you have to go to validate try and do it as cheap as possible ! stay with friends or family if you have to but the main thing is you have your visa and that is the hardest hurdle of all !!!

Let us know if you have anyone view !

Change your agent see if that brings in someone you never know !

Good luck and fingers crossed you have that one person we all need before Feb !

Ema and Gang

I sympathise with you too, our house has been on the market over 12 months now and having had one viewer within the first 6 weeks and nothing since is very disheartening, tbh we weren't too bothered about selling the house this time last year as we didn't have our visa. We've recently changed agents and was hoping that would generate some interest but so far nothing. Like so many of us on here we've spent £'s on the visa process and then had the expense of a validation trip we'd rather not have done, knocked 25k of the original asking price for the house, just not sure how much further we can go. When we started this whole process we were looking at going with a nice little nest egg which is disappearing fast. As Emma said we've cleared the biggest hurdle and now have our visa, I say chin up and look on the bright side sometime in the not too distant future we WILL be in Australia.

Try to be possitive you still have until feb and if you have to go to validate try and do it as cheap as possible ! stay with friends or family if you have to but the main thing is you have your visa and that is the hardest hurdle of all !!!

Let us know if you have anyone view !

Change your agent see if that brings in someone you never know !

Good luck and fingers crossed you have that one person we all need before Feb !

Ema and Gang

Thanx Ema, we are trying to stay positive but it's hard when you hear of stories of people failing to sell for 2 yrs! Just today, a friend came to visit and told us about a family who had their house on the market for 2 years,they've finaly sold and off to Perth now. I just thought to myself,"thanks mate for pouring water on my small flame of fire left in me!"

shylet

Thanx Ema, we are trying to stay positive but it's hard when you hear of stories of people failing to sell for 2 yrs! Just today, a friend came to visit and told us about a family who had their house on the market for 2 years,they've finaly sold and off to Perth now. I just thought to myself,"thanks mate for pouring water on my small flame of fire left in me!"

shylet

Think positive shylet there are more people sold there house to first person who walked through that door rather than someone who waited 2 years !!!

Pie chart springs to mind hahaha

emma and Gang

Think positive shylet there are more people sold there house to first person who walked through that door rather than someone who waited 2 years !!!

Pie chart springs to mind hahaha

emma and Gang

Too true when you put it like that! At least we have the visa, I should focus on this more :biggrin:

Too true when you put it like that! At least we have the visa, I should focus on this more :biggrin:

I know it is hard but when us with PR visas and houses sold can get to Oz and start new lifes without any thing holding us back with be great !!!

Lets get the stress bits done in uk so we can be laid back Ozzies

:wink:

shylet

In 2 years time your house will be worth more to the £ will be $2.30 plus so look on the bright side your a winner :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:& oz house bubble gone bang so hang in there as you aint lost yet.

shylet

Honestly - Hang on in there!!

We felt exactly like you! - we had a friend who hadn't sold 4 years after validating, six month left on Visa - others who had been waiting for 2 years plus and we felt So daunted and 'as if we will ever get a buyer' and then - sold within 5 months !!

You never can tell - I know its easy for me to say now - but I would never have beleived we would be where we are now!! Wishing you so much luck - Keep believing - Lady luck and Fate might be on your side ...... and just around the corner!!

Hello all, just joined this thread! Never mentioned it before because the whole thing was really getting to me.

WE HAVE SOLD OUR HOUSE - ITS OFFICIAL TODAY and no going back (no CO or Visa yet though)

In the grand scheme of things selling our home was not a matter of life and death, yes we need the pennies to put in the bank but, we like our cosy home. Whether we get to Auz. or not (fate will decide) we need to move as we have outgrown our house. We, as a family have had many happy moments and one or two sad ones that have helped us grow in strength, but it is time to move on.

Like some others our house has been on the market for just short of two years, the buyers messed us around, dragged their feet and 'tried' to play hardball! As we had dropped 12,000 we would not budge and they finally got the message (4 months later...).

Good luck to all, hang on in there. Ley & family x

hi Guys

just a bit of an update, we have just exchanged contracts on our house, pretty much two years to the day that we put it on the market, to say its been trying is an understatement!

Ian jetted off to oz yesterday to start a new job and myself and jack will follow on 12 Oct, shippers are coming on wed so its all systems go.

God luck to all of you selling, its is hard, there have been days when we have really questioned whether or not our move to oz has meant to be BUT we have persevered and eventually its all happening.

So stick to your guns and it will happen all in its own good time

Claire x

In 2 years time your house will be worth more to the £ will be $2.30 plus so look on the bright side your a winner :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:& oz house bubble gone bang so hang in there as you aint lost yet.

Honestly - Hang on in there!!

We felt exactly like you! - we had a friend who hadn't sold 4 years after validating, six month left on Visa - others who had been waiting for 2 years plus and we felt So daunted and 'as if we will ever get a buyer' and then - sold within 5 months !!

You never can tell - I know its easy for me to say now - but I would never have beleived we would be where we are now!! Wishing you so much luck - Keep believing - Lady luck and Fate might be on your side ...... and just around the corner!!

Hello all, just joined this thread! Never mentioned it before because the whole thing was really getting to me.

WE HAVE SOLD OUR HOUSE - ITS OFFICIAL TODAY and no going back (no CO or Visa yet though)

In the grand scheme of things selling our home was not a matter of life and death, yes we need the pennies to put in the bank but, we like our cosy home. Whether we get to Auz. or not (fate will decide) we need to move as we have outgrown our house. We, as a family have had many happy moments and one or two sad ones that have helped us grow in strength, but it is time to move on.

Like some others our house has been on the market for just short of two years, the buyers messed us around, dragged their feet and 'tried' to play hardball! As we had dropped 12,000 we would not budge and they finally got the message (4 months later...).

Good luck to all, hang on in there. Ley & family x

hi Guys

just a bit of an update, we have just exchanged contracts on our house, pretty much two years to the day that we put it on the market, to say its been trying is an understatement!

Ian jetted off to oz yesterday to start a new job and myself and jack will follow on 12 Oct, shippers are coming on wed so its all systems go.

God luck to all of you selling, its is hard, there have been days when we have really questioned whether or not our move to oz has meant to be BUT we have persevered and eventually its all happening.

So stick to your guns and it will happen all in its own good time

Claire x

thanx everyone and congratulations to you guys who've sold! Honestly,I don't know which is worse or better: having your house sold and waiting for your visa or having your visa and house stuck on the market,so soo ironic!:unsure:

Shylet.

Archived