Sellling house - has anyone managed to do it?

froggirl

We had another viewer today was a bitof a suprise as agents rang this morning to say they were viewing today at 2:20 so went into panic getting house loking good and feed back was they liked it and will call agent tomorrow so never know x

Anyone else anything happening ?

Hi Emma,

Not too much to report. Had a few viewers but no offers, everyone seems to love it, but not in a position to offer.

Had a guy appear at the door asking for a schedule on Thursday, didnt want to view, but asked loads of questions. I reckoned he was an investor, so as he'd let on where he lived, I called the EA and they knew him. He'd enquired but not wanted a viewing or schedule. So I reckon he's testing the water, seeing how desperate we are so that he can guage if he can get a bargain! Anyway, the EA hasnt managed to get a hold of him yet, so not sure if he's interested or not, but it could be great if he wanted to put in an offer - we'd obviously consider it.

Other than that, not much, so need to look into renting again perhaps.

Hope your viewer comes up trumps, fingers crossed for you,

Shaz

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No movement on ours...

Spoke to estate agent yesterday and not dropped the price but now added "open to reasonable offers". Only words but who knows??

Gonna give it 2 weeks then go for a big ad in paper and see what interest we can stir up.

Then I'll start selling raffle tickets at £1,000 each sell 100 and I'll be happy...

Just want it to sell now.

Howard

Guest man2010

we dropped our price and got another EA on board.After 2 months on the market,we finaly got our first viewing Friday last week.So pulled all stops;cleaned the house until we could see our faces on every surface! Did we get an offer no, the viewer thinks our house was the best of all they have viewed so far!:skeptical:That's the closest to an offer we got!

Hi Emma,

Not too much to report. Had a few viewers but no offers, everyone seems to love it, but not in a position to offer.

Had a guy appear at the door asking for a schedule on Thursday, didnt want to view, but asked loads of questions. I reckoned he was an investor, so as he'd let on where he lived, I called the EA and they knew him. He'd enquired but not wanted a viewing or schedule. So I reckon he's testing the water, seeing how desperate we are so that he can guage if he can get a bargain! Anyway, the EA hasnt managed to get a hold of him yet, so not sure if he's interested or not, but it could be great if he wanted to put in an offer - we'd obviously consider it.

Other than that, not much, so need to look into renting again perhaps.

Hope your viewer comes up trumps, fingers crossed for you,

Shaz

Well you are getting people in the door, and they like it so thats good just need that one person who has the money or the banks to start bloody lending !!!

Keep us posted :wink:

No movement on ours...

Spoke to estate agent yesterday and not dropped the price but now added "open to reasonable offers". Only words but who knows??

Gonna give it 2 weeks then go for a big ad in paper and see what interest we can stir up.

Then I'll start selling raffle tickets at £1,000 each sell 100 and I'll be happy...

Just want it to sell now.

Howard

Good luck and wish i had £1000 to buy a ticket hahaha

we dropped our price and got another EA on board.After 2 months on the market,we finaly got our first viewing Friday last week.So pulled all stops;cleaned the house until we could see our faces on every surface! Did we get an offer no, the viewer thinks our house was the best of all they have viewed so far!:skeptical:That's the closest to an offer we got!

It's hard work getting everything ready then to have nothing but worth doing as there will be that person that comes along and all the hard work will be worth it at least you can say you did everything you could to make the house look good.

Good luck

Emma and Gang

News back from agent he loved house but when his condition get worse he will not be able to go up stairs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at bunglows then :arghh:

Aww - how frustrating! You wait for feedback, hoing this is the one and then you get kicked back down - remember the sheer gut wrenching frustration only to clearly! Hopefully the next one is just around the corner.....! All the best!:hug:

Guest Mrs Nix

Its been ages since I have looked on this thread!! well just to update (will read through threads later sorry) We never sold our house - our buyers kept losing buyers so we have decided to rent instead. We got tennants very quickly and we had to choose between 2, so hopefully was a good choice. I just can't believe how much the set up costs are - anyway, my DH is joining us in Australia at the end of the month. I can't wait!

Good luck to you all.

Guest Sebbers

Well after 14 months on the market, 2 estate agents and only one viewing we are almost 99% sure we are going to rent our house out. We are going to see if the mortgage lender will allow us to rent out the property and if so it's away we go. Its not an option I'd never considered but after knocking almost 30k of the asking price and being told by our estate agent this week if we want to sell we'd have to reduce by another 10k it was becoming a more favourable option. I think the final decider for us to set the wheels in motion was after we'd had a call from someone we'd considered to be a friend asking how much we wanted for it advising she's considering going halves with another 'so-called' friend to buy it to rent it out to her daughter. Both friends have known its been on the market from day one, obviously think were desperate as we were asked "how long have you got before you have to go" and then had the bloody cheek to ask if we were leaving our furniture in the house too. I was quite angry about it at the time as they'd waited until we'd knocked a considerable amount off the original asking price and waited until such a time when they thought we were that desperate we had no option but to say yes you can have the house and the furniture too. We've not closed the door completely on selling to them, but I for one are more than happy to make them wait until I am ready to make the decision as to what we are going to do. Well as they say when emigrating you find out who your true friends are, well thats two people off my xmas card list for a start.

Its been ages since I have looked on this thread!! well just to update (will read through threads later sorry) We never sold our house - our buyers kept losing buyers so we have decided to rent instead. We got tennants very quickly and we had to choose between 2, so hopefully was a good choice. I just can't believe how much the set up costs are - anyway, my DH is joining us in Australia at the end of the month. I can't wait!

Good luck to you all.

You are there now and will all be together very soon so enjoy the sunshine and worry about the house when you get time hahaha

Well after 14 months on the market, 2 estate agents and only one viewing we are almost 99% sure we are going to rent our house out. We are going to see if the mortgage lender will allow us to rent out the property and if so it's away we go. Its not an option I'd never considered but after knocking almost 30k of the asking price and being told by our estate agent this week if we want to sell we'd have to reduce by another 10k it was becoming a more favourable option. I think the final decider for us to set the wheels in motion was after we'd had a call from someone we'd considered to be a friend asking how much we wanted for it advising she's considering going halves with another 'so-called' friend to buy it to rent it out to her daughter. Both friends have known its been on the market from day one, obviously think were desperate as we were asked "how long have you got before you have to go" and then had the bloody cheek to ask if we were leaving our furniture in the house too. I was quite angry about it at the time as they'd waited until we'd knocked a considerable amount off the original asking price and waited until such a time when they thought we were that desperate we had no option but to say yes you can have the house and the furniture too. We've not closed the door completely on selling to them, but I for one are more than happy to make them wait until I am ready to make the decision as to what we are going to do. Well as they say when emigrating you find out who your true friends are, well thats two people off my xmas card list for a start.

Good luck today fingers crossed :biggrin:

Guest Mrs Nix

and the drama of the house doesn't end there....it failed the gas safety cert as our boiler is obsolete so we have decided to go back to our buyers and sell it to them - they are of course thrilled, but they had to offer less as they had to take a cut on their flat.......so hopefully we will still be able to exchange before the end of the year.....

and the drama of the house doesn't end there....it failed the gas safety cert as our boiler is obsolete so we have decided to go back to our buyers and sell it to them - they are of course thrilled, but they had to offer less as they had to take a cut on their flat.......so hopefully we will still be able to exchange before the end of the year.....

What a lot of messing about !

everything happens for a reason keep going you will get there in the end :wink:

obsolete boilers can and are still safe. was it shut down and isloated?

Bless you , id have been annoyed as well ... good luck for the future plans !

Guest man2010
We've had a viewer and they are interested in the house but they need to organise a mortgage, sell their house, make an offer on ours, etc.

Not holding my breath.

at least someone is looking! you will soon have an offer. Good luck!

had a viewer 2 weeks ago, said she be interested at 35K less than price so no deal. had a viewer booked today, EA said they had sold their property and wanted my area, cleaned and cleaned some more place looked real good sunshine through the windows. 11am 1 hour before they due we informed they put an offer in on another house and was accepted so they wont be coming. the viewing was arranged sat pm so i can only assume they had made the offer before arranging viewing. :mad:

at least i have a year to sort this out, feel like taking the house off the market til after xmas.

, feel like taking the house off the market til after xmas.

Hi Legoman,

I did wonder about this too, but would you have to pay the marketing fee again when you decide to put it back on the market? Thats whats putting me off, and also, in Scotland, we have to pay for the home report up front, and after paying around £1000 for both of those fees, am not keen to have to do that again!

I had a viewer last week, loved it, but I was surprised she didnt bring her OH. After discussing it, they decided to stop looking for now, as they are not in a position to buy, with only one of their 2 houses on the market right now. Why come and see it then? That's what annoys me. People looking, who are in no position to offer. Doesnt matter if they love it if they cant offer. Tempted to tell the EA not to send anyone for viewings who cant offer, but suppose if their house is on the market, there is a slight chance theirs will go soon then they could come back to offer.

Had another person come to the door, didnt want to view, but wanted to ask me lots of questions. He apparently owns lots of property in the area, so reckon he was testing the water seeing if he could get away with a really low offer. Not heard back from him yet.

Other than that, no news for now. Really cant see it picking up this year at all.

Shaz

Archived