Poms Going Home to UK (register)

Guest Aldo

Family Of 5 + MIL

Arrived 10.05.08

Going back as soon as we can afford it! (To Spain)

All money gone!

CPV Visa? Extortionate

457 Visa...................not the best

Making the most of it and trying to be positive

KNOW it's not really where we want to be....................BUT

GLAD we tried it

Lotto Win please?

Problem solved

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ElizaBee

Been here 12 years.

Going home February at latest hopefully.

Myself, hubby, 17 yr old daughter, 13 yr old and nearly 3 yr old.

Had a good experience overall, but had enough.

Guest LondonGal

Arrived 27th July 2000 with OH and 2 kids 4 and 7 months.

Leaving sometime next year, :biggrin: woo hoo!!!

hopefully before 27th July 2010.

Guest bowbrummer
Arrived 27th July 2000 with OH and 2 kids 4 and 7 months.

Leaving sometime next year, :biggrin: woo hoo!!!

hopefully before 27th July 2010.

Hi London thought you were staying judging by your last post, may I ask why you are returning pls? Had enough? or back in time for the olympics lol ?

Guest LondonGal
Hi London thought you were staying judging by your last post, may I ask why you are returning pls? Had enough? or back in time for the olympics lol ?

Hi, theres a user called London Girl on here who I think has decided to stay, you are probably getting me confused with her.

Lots and lots of reasons. Mainly it's just time for us, I feel too out of it here. This place makes me feel old. It feels like the world is happening around us and we are not part of it. I want to show my kids their home land. I want to see more of my home land. I was a typical Londoner before I left who didn't think there was much pass the Watford gap. Before I get the comments ;-) I now know there is lots up there LOL. Funnily enough I have Australia to thank for that. I want to see more of Europe and the rest of the world. Much easier done from the UK.

I could go on, but it gets a bit boring.

I do think that being in the UK while the Olympics is on will be just fantastic, I can't wait. Might actually get to see athletes from other countries as well, unlike here in OZ.

Guest bowbrummer
Hi, theres a user called London Girl on here who I think has decided to stay, you are probably getting me confused with her.

Lots and lots of reasons. Mainly it's just time for us, I feel too out of it here. This place makes me feel old. It feels like the world is happening around us and we are not part of it. I want to show my kids their home land. I want to see more of my home land. I was a typical Londoner before I left who didn't think there was much pass the Watford gap. Before I get the comments ;-) I now know there is lots up there LOL. Funnily enough I have Australia to thank for that. I want to see more of Europe and the rest of the world. Much easier done from the UK.

I could go on, but it gets a bit boring.

I do think that being in the UK while the Olympics is on will be just fantastic, I can't wait. Might actually get to see athletes from other countries as well, unlike here in OZ.

Soz for the mix up. I was just interested. You have had the taste of one of the far countries. Yes I am a Londoner as well, but been brought up in Asia predominately (my folks always posted abroad). I agree with you on Europe, it's brillient catching the train down the rd to Belgium/Holland/Paris , the culture etc. If Australia has given you the realisation of what you need mentally, visually and physically then it's been worth while. In Thailand where we have a home, great for holidays, great base for Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam etc, what do I yearn for, books and music! It's the wanting a cox apple instead of a plastic american apple lol. always pleased to be back in good old Bow.

Yes good the Olympics will be just down the road unfortunately not many locals managed to secure jobs though, its all been passed to foreign contractors (cheap labour) unfortunately the curse of todays world. Good luck with your decision coming home mate, despite the politics, etc etc the familiarity of hearing a cockney voice warms me cockles most times lol. j

Guest jackie Macdonald

I returned to the UK and I'm loving it. I'm living life again and have absolutely no regrets!!

Hey LondonGal, you're coming back. We'll have to meet up again!

jackie x

Guest LondonGal
I returned to the UK and I'm loving it. I'm living life again and have absolutely no regrets!!

jackie x

I'm so glad you are loving it and not having regrets Jackie. Would love to meet up again.

I've just booked flights for the end of Mar, will be visiting for a month to check out areas with a permanent move by May/Jun. If I get back on the plane in the UK that is, might decide to just stay LOL.

OH will have to come back to tie up his job but we are hoping to sell the house before then so will only have to ship furniture back once we have decided where we want to live.

Feels great that a decision has finally been made.

Guest jackie Macdonald
I'm so glad you are loving it and not having regrets Jackie. Would love to meet up again.

I've just booked flights for the end of Mar, will be visiting for a month to check out areas with a permanent move by May/Jun. If I get back on the plane in the UK that is, might decide to just stay LOL.

OH will have to come back to tie up his job but we are hoping to sell the house before then so will only have to ship furniture back once we have decided where we want to live.

Feels great that a decision has finally been made.

Yay, I'm so happy for you. I'm still waiting to come back down to earth!! but my time in Australia has taught me so much mainly that I need to see a lot more of the UK, I mean really see it and appreciate everything we have here on our doorstep. I am now one very happy positive being and the whole experience has changed my outlook on many levels!!

Just can't stop grinning!!! No regrets!!

jackie xx

Guest TC for short

Arrived Melbourne Jan 08

Posted to Adelaide Jun 08

Returned to UK Jun 09

Very reluctant to leave but a very complex work & visa situation made staying almost impossible. Not having sold the house in the UK & my former employers being very keen to get me back tipped the scales.

Happy to be back? We'll see...!

TC

Been here 4 years and going back!!:spinny:

same here funky monkey 4 years of tryin tryin and tryin!!!! fed up tryin to fit in, be understood!!! and bein classed as "Just another Pom" I aint no prisoner mate the only time I have felt in prison is the passed 4 yrs, had the quotes for removals and we are off back to normal life of not havin to try and be someone who we arnt, Quote is it me or is this place full ot Ass lickers in the workplace:GEEK:

jackie x

So glad for you Jackie, I have read many of your posts about your time here and you seem to have a rough time of it, God why is this place such a battle.

you have done the right thing!!!!

i take my hat off to ya !!!:realmad:

is it me or is this place full ot Ass lickers in the workplace:GEEK:

Its not you, I never met so many brown nosers in my life. Must be even worse now with people fighting to keep jobs...

Guest guest30038

Its not you, I never met so many brown nosers in my life.

It's that bloody sun that does it! They should slip, slop,slap! :biglaugh:

kev

It's that bloody sun that does it! They should slip, slop,slap! :biglaugh:

kev

too much lick lick

not enough slop slop.:yes:

Guest Carrie

Arrived Nov 2004

Going HOME Dec 2009 (and counting)

I'd need my own website, let alone thread, to say why!

Arrived Nov 2004

Going HOME Dec 2009 (and counting)

I'd need my own website, let alone thread, to say why!

ohhhh come on.. you can't leave us hanging like that...

Guest guest17520

I spent a year here on a working holiday visa between 2004 - 2005, I returned back to the UK not thinking I would ever get the chance to come back to Oz. Two weeks later after realising how poorly the UK compared with Oz I was determined to come back.

Been back 2 1/2 years now and couldn't be happier.

Good luck to all those who are going back...you'd only whinge if you stayed and give the rest of us a bad name.:tongue:

Guest becca1979

Im new to this site just wanted to say as soon as I can afford to go back to Uk I am doing. Will take hubbie and two kids with me just wish I could make it back there b4 Christmas :(

Archived