Still here and still feel the pull

Lucia

2 hours ago, Cup Final 1973 said:

I can’t believe that Nanna is seriously thinking of backing out of selling her house with 24 hours to go.  I feel for the prospective buyers!

Its not uncommon in the UK before contracts are signed.  That is the nature of the process.  Until you sign you don't have a legally binding agreement.

18 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Its not uncommon in the UK before contracts are signed.  That is the nature of the process.  Until you sign you don't have a legally binding agreement.

Obviously. But it is a comment on the morals of thge action. Refusing to sign at the last moment.

6 minutes ago, Parley said:

Obviously. But it is a comment on the morals of thge action. Refusing to sign at the last moment.

I think it unwise to comment on morals - we each have our own compass on such things.

The legal position is that until exchange it is open to both parties to step away - as I'm sure you know.

The purchaser could just as easily withdraw.

Best regards.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Parley said:

2 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

I think it unwise to comment on morals - we each have our own compass on such things.

The legal position is that until exchange it is open to both parties to step away - as I'm sure you know.

The purchaser could just as easily withdraw.

Best regards.

They can and do pull out all the time. People lose/fail to get their dream home all the time.  Not really a moral question imo.  

• Like 1

On 02/09/2022 at 08:42, Jon the Hat said:

Years back the buyer of our house in the UK threatened  to pull out the day before settlement unless we dropped the price significantly (some minor issue about being confused about parking outside the house), Our house had taken a year to sell, but we had to be brave and tell him to get stuffed. He bought it anyway. 

- it's every person for himself, especially in the (IMO) poorer house buying system in the UK.  I'm now hooked into this thread - Please keep us updated Nanna! 

Edited by Chortlepuss
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...