Opening of international borders

6 minutes ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

Pretty sure he said that the entire Australian population would be vaccinated by October

As previously mentioned he is a liar but then he can’t help it it’s part of his make up

Why is he a liar. It's not October yet so he can't be judged now on what might or might not happen by the end of October.

11 minutes ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

Pretty sure he said that the entire Australian population would be vaccinated by October

As previously mentioned he is a liar but then he can’t help it it’s part of his make up

No he didn't. Vaccination is not compulsory.

Everyone may be offered the opportunity to be vaccinated but not everyone will take up the offer.

Using myself as example. I have not yet taken up the offer to be vaccinated despite being eligible. That is down to me, not Scott Morrison.

The entire population will never be vaccinated. Babies, children, teenagers, 20 somethings probably will skip it. But they will be offered it if they want it.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Everyone may be offered the opportunity to be vaccinated but not everyone will take up the offer.

Using myself as example. I have not yet taken up the offer to be vaccinated despite being eligible. That is down to me, not Scott Morrison.

The entire population will never be vaccinated. Babies, children, teenagers, 20 somethings probably will skip it. But they will be offered it if they want it.

Yes over 50s are apparently the ones who don’t want to be vaccinated whereas younger ones are trying to get theirs - often visiting vaccine hubs to see if any are left at the end of the day. I remember reading about a nurse at an over 50s clinic saying she had vaccinated just one person the entire day! 

29 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

But he did say Australia would be "fully vaccinated" by October. 

But what he meant was that everyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one.

Do you expect squads of police going round to peoples houses, holding them down and vaccinating them. This isn't Nazi Germany.

2 hours ago, Parley said:

Which may still happen at least for the first shot. We are doing the 40s now and will move to the 30s soon.

I predict only about 70% will accept though. So got to accept several million will refuse vaccination altogether.

That’s up to them then if they want to risk dying.   People here are dying due to that very reason.  No sleep lost with me.  These people are being offered a vaccine which so many across the world are not lucky enough to get.  If they don’t bother then on their head be it.  I don’t wish anyone dead but I certainly don’t weep for those that make the choice not to bother. It’s their life and if they wish to risk losing it, more fool them I say.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Linda didn't say that closing the borders was a bad decision.  She said that KEEPING the borders closed is a bad decision, and that was in response to Dusty saying we should keep the borders closed for the next 10 years, "bring it on".

I expect Dusty’s response may be different if their grandchildren lived overseas.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Parley said:

But what he meant was that everyone who wants a vaccine will be able to get one.

Do you expect squads of police going round to peoples houses, holding them down and vaccinating them. This isn't Nazi Germany.

Thankfully it’s not although I do believe people are threatened with benefits being taken away from them if they don’t get vaccinated?  The same if people don't vaccinate their kids?  I’ve heard that but it may be wrong.  I do think some pressure should be put on people to get vaccines but like you say,  you can’t pin them down and force it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parley said:

Which is fine as long as you accept that the borders will open and you take your chances with the virus. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Which is fine as long as you accept that the borders will open and you take your chances with the virus. 

Of course those that chose not to protect themselves will have to accept that.  The world doesn’t revolve around the minority, especially when there’s a simple solution. 

• Like 2

@ParleySo look at the situation in UK now where around the majority of adults  are vaccinated with at least one dose and an awful lot with 2 jabs  

The Delta variant is rapidly increasing - over 5000 cases a day - but very few are seriously ill and even fewer are in hospital,  even less are dying! 

Those that are in hospital have either not been vaccinated or only had one jab but only recently. Only 3 people hospitalised have had both jabs but they had serious underlying conditions  

So those who have caught it either have no symptoms or only suffer minor side effects.

The vaccine is really protecting people - obviously the best result comes from two jabs but one really does help, it just needs three weeks after having it to start offering some  immunity. So as others have said yes it’s your choice but you face the possible consequences  if you catch it.  The virus will continue to mutate whilst it can still find people to infect. 

Quote “Vice-president of the Australian Medical Association (AMA), Chris Moy, warned Australians are "sitting ducks" until more of the population get immunised.” 

7 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

@ParleySo look at the situation in UK now where around the majority of adults  are vaccinated with at least one dose and an awful lot with 2 jabs  

The Delta variant is rapidly increasing - over 5000 cases a day - but very few are seriously ill and even fewer are in hospital,  even less are dying! 

Those that are in hospital have either not been vaccinated or only had one jab but only recently. Only 3 people hospitalised have had both jabs but they had serious underlying conditions  

So those who have caught it either have no symptoms or only suffer minor side effects.

The vaccine is really protecting people - obviously the best result comes from two jabs but one really does help, it just needs three weeks after having it to start offering some  immunity. So as others have said yes it’s your choice but you face the possible consequences  if you catch it.  The virus will continue to mutate whilst it can still find people to infect. 

Quote “Vice-president of the Australian Medical Association (AMA), Chris Moy, warned Australians are "sitting ducks" until more of the population get immunised.” 

Well I read that UK is extremely worried. So much so they are taking Portugal off the green list and people are rushing home from Portugal to avoid quarantine requirements.

so maybe not as rosy as you think. Don't forget AZ has limited effectiveness against the Delta variant. So as most of you have taken AZ your protection is not as good as if you had had Pfizer.

8 minutes ago, Parley said:

Well I read that UK is extremely worried. So much so they are taking Portugal off the green list and people are rushing home from Portugal to avoid quarantine requirements.

so maybe not as rosy as you think. Don't forget AZ has limited effectiveness against the Delta variant. So as most of you have taken AZ your protection is not as good as if you had had Pfizer.

Look online for  full medical reports on side effects for both - I did! Pfizer also has side effects. The latest ones involve creating heart problems. 

Im not going to argue with you any more except to say people make their choice and they face the the consequences. But it doesn’t give them the right to hold those who choose to be vaccinated to ransom by ensuring the borders  remain closed by not vaccinating.