Migration agent recommendations

ksimpson94

2 hours ago, ksimpson94 said:

Hi, I’m hoping to get in touch with a migration agent once the madness of covid-19 begins to settle. I am in the U.K. and was hoping for a recommendation for an agent. 
Thanks 

There are several good agents on these forums who are very helpful with free advice.  That to me is a good recommendation.  Try Suncoast Migration, Go Matilda or Pinoy Australia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ksimpson94 said:

Thanks!! Silly question, I am in the U.K. so should I be contacting migration agents here or agents based in Australia? 

The only reason to go with an agent in the uk is the convenience of having someone in the same time zone for turnaround times and ease of chatting. All the actual application is done online except in a few visa classes. 

The only real benefit using a UK based one is that you get to communicate with them during social hours. An Oz based one is ground level, networking, ready to push the button which we had preempted would be more beneficial in the long run. 

A perfect example based our circumstances.... Queensland opened their stated nominations and within a day shut them again as they got over 2000 eoi's in that short space of time. Now as our agent was aus based, they managed to submit our eoi within valid window. Needless to say thousands missed out. Now should you have been using a UK based Mara by the time they logged on in the morning Queensland had already shut off the lights and were no longer accepting eois. Asians are also trying to get into Australia by huge numbers, so besides the billions in populations and number of applicants, they have the added advantage of a preferential time zone, so they sweep up anything left over by the Australian maras before the UK agent has yet to hit their snooze button for the first time.

It's your choice ultimately, but if you feel a good connection with the MARA and you get your visa, then it really doesn't matter at the end. 

All the best. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paulhand said:

The only reason to go with an agent in the uk is the convenience of having someone in the same time zone for turnaround times and ease of chatting. All the actual application is done online except in a few visa classes. 

Thanks Paul, very helpful! I don’t suppose anyone could help me with another query - From what I can read on the medium term skills shortage visa (482), time spent working throughout an apprenticeship counts towards the 2 years of experience required. However on the PR residency visas they require 3 years post qualification. Have I understood this correctly? It will determine our timeframe of organising consultations with migration agents. Can a 482 visa lead to PR?

I appreciate its hard to say without the specifics, but any advice would be amazing if possible. 

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Southlander said:

The only real benefit using a UK based one is that you get to communicate with them during social hours. An Oz based one is ground level, networking, ready to push the button which we had preempted would be more beneficial in the long run. 

It’s 2021, I am perfectly capable of networking with colleagues and contacts in Australia and elsewhere from wherever I operate. As long as the Agent is MARA registered, the rest is down to personal preference on the style of working you want and what the agent specializes in. IMHO 😉 

Edited by paulhand

25 minutes ago, paulhand said:

It’s 2021, I am perfectly capable of networking with colleagues and contacts in Australia and elsewhere from wherever I operate. As long as the Agent is MARA registered, the rest is down to personal preference on the style of working you want and what the agent specializes in. IMHO 😉 

Absolutely, if it works for you both then that's great. 👍 But you have offices in Australia too, so are exempt from my message anyway 😉

Edited by Southlander
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I know this is an older forum. I went with Emergico however, after an initial consultation I was told I could email any questions I had and they would be happy to answer. I’ve since emailed questions, making it clear I’ll continue with them when I’m in a position to apply for a visa, they said basically they wouldn’t answer any questions unless I paid for another consultation. It’s a bit disappointing. These are just basic questions, like how the process works for each state and EOI’s. I’d emailed again and just got ignored. So, probably gonna switch to another migration agency once I’ve had time to research. It’s a shame. Their reputation seemed good. 

24 minutes ago, Ceebs-x said:

Hello,

I know this is an older forum. I went with Emergico however, after an initial consultation I was told I could email any questions I had and they would be happy to answer. I’ve since emailed questions, making it clear I’ll continue with them when I’m in a position to apply for a visa, they said basically they wouldn’t answer any questions unless I paid for another consultation. It’s a bit disappointing. These are just basic questions, like how the process works for each state and EOI’s. I’d emailed again and just got ignored. So, probably gonna switch to another migration agency once I’ve had time to research. It’s a shame. Their reputation seemed good. 

To be fair, you can't expect companies to keep spending time giving you information for free if you won't pay for a consultation.

They will think you are a time waster.

24 minutes ago, Ceebs-x said:

Hello,

I think you’ll find they will mostly take the same attitude. If you’re asking them questions which aren’t easily answered by Googling, then you’re asking for their expertise and they’re entitled to get paid for that.

I do appreciate what you are saying, but I’m not a time waster. I’d stick with them if I felt like they were open to helping even with basic questions. 

They shouldn’t have said they were happy to answer any questions following a consultation, if that wasn’t going to be the case. They should have just said I’d need another consultation, which would have been fine knowing that straight from the start. 

Wasn’t overly impressed with the initial consultation anyway. Person didn’t seem to give straight answers about anything, was all very vague and didn’t know much about the process for my occupation. Granted as they aren’t in my occupation it is excusable, I just expected to be overwhelmed with information and I’m not any better off than I was before it. Maybe I expected too much, haven’t done this before so could have went into it with too high an expectation. 

Again, everyone’s experience is different, doesn’t mean someone will have the same if they go with them. Just voicing it anyway! 

16 hours ago, Ceebs-x said:

Hello,

You will find that this is partly due to new code of conduct rules which the OMARA has placed on Registered Migration Agents.

It makes it very difficult to answer ongoing questions unless a formal client agreement has been agreed upon. 

17 hours ago, Ceebs-x said:

I do appreciate what you are saying, but I’m not a time waster. I’d stick with them if I felt like they were open to helping even with basic questions. 

They shouldn’t have said they were happy to answer any questions following a consultation, if that wasn’t going to be the case. They should have just said I’d need another consultation, which would have been fine knowing that straight from the start. 

Wasn’t overly impressed with the initial consultation anyway. Person didn’t seem to give straight answers about anything, was all very vague and didn’t know much about the process for my occupation. Granted as they aren’t in my occupation it is excusable, I just expected to be overwhelmed with information and I’m not any better off than I was before it. Maybe I expected too much, haven’t done this before so could have went into it with too high an expectation. 

Again, everyone’s experience is different, doesn’t mean someone will have the same if they go with them. Just voicing it anyway! 

Hi Ceebs-x, I'm the director of Emergico, thanks for your comments, it is good to hear them and have a chance to respond.  I can't look up to see your file without your proper name but if you want to PM me or email me, leanne@emergico.com I am happy to investigate.    As others have said, it is very difficult at the moment to provide precise advice to anyone when most States are still closed for skilled migration; we are emerging from COVID and everything in migration is continually changing.  In an initial consultation we can look at your situation and provide general advice, but of course that might change the following week, if you are not going ahead straight away.    We would usually follow the initial conversation up with some factsheets about skilled migration, you should have received these, if not I can easily re-send to you.    Due to the changes in the MARA Code of Conduct earlier this year, all registered migration agents are prevented from continuing to converse with a prospective client without a formal service agreement in place, this is for the protection of both clients and migration agents.   I am not sure when you had your consultation, but maybe that was the case.     If you do send me your details, I will take a look to see if there is any more current information we can send you which may assist with your queries.  Regards Leanne Stevens ASM  MARN 1171279. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

You will find that this is partly due to new code of conduct rules which the OMARA has placed on Registered Migration Agents.

It makes it very difficult to answer ongoing questions unless a formal client agreement has been agreed upon. 

If I’d known that I wouldn’t even have questioned it. Thanks for letting me know, appreciated! 

• Like 1