190 Grant after medicals

Emma_M

8 hours ago, Emma_M said:

Hi there, can anyone tell me what the current situation is regarding grants? We have our medicals next Wednesday 7th October and just wondering how long after having them done we should expect a grant?

thanks 😊

Unknowable unfortunately  ... some people have been waiting months at the moment. 

24 minutes ago, 31Hillbury said:

We are in the same position, Hoping the offshore grants start moving soon.

Fingers crossed. 

Putting your life on hold is not very fun.

I wouldn’t hold your breath, it’s going to be along time yet, got to be at least another year from now until they start granting offshore non essential permanent migrants. ie trades & White collar PR Visas.

Well, we will know more by next Tuesday hopefully, but for most off-shore applicants (like myself) its pretty much common sense that is the source. 

I haven't got a crystal ball, it just seems obvious that it would be political suicide to start issuing permanent residency visa's when the economy is going through what; has not quite yet  come out in the wash! Especially when there are factions within government & outside calling for a complete overhaul of the present system and to use this time as a reset of the system as a whole. 

While I accept that the government is eager on one hand to get the country back to where it was pre-pandemic, that does include a vibrant immigration policy of course, but lets face it, if Aussies can't get jobs then I don't believe they will open the gates until things are at least on the right path which brings me back, a year is not long..

Take a look at the SBS news link below, it's all speculation...

https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/australia-s-budget-forecast-assumes-international-borders-will-open-for-temporary-visa-holders-from-january-2021

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

We are in the same position, Hoping the offshore grants start moving soon.

Fingers crossed. 

Putting your life on hold is not very fun.

No it certainly isn’t here’s our timeline 😭

ANZSCO 322313 (Welder First Class)

28/11/17 - VETASSESS skills assessment part 1 lodged

22/12/17 - VETASSESS skills assessment positive result received 

18/04/18 - VETASSESS Technical Interview 

21/04/18 - IELTS Exam 

04/05/2018 - IELTS Results - L7.5, R8.0, W8.0, S8.0 Overall 8.0

22/05/18 - VETASSESS - AQF Cert 3 received 

22/05/18 - EOI Lodged 190 NSW

25/05/18 - Invited for nomination 

29/05/18 - Approval of state nomination + Invite to apply

19/06/18 - 190 NSW lodged

12/10/18 - CO contact for form 80

05/04/19 - CO contact for additional info on form 1229

11 hours ago, Emma_M said:

No it certainly isn’t here’s our timeline 😭

ANZSCO 322313 (Welder First Class)

28/11/17 - VETASSESS skills assessment part 1 lodged

22/12/17 - VETASSESS skills assessment positive result received 

18/04/18 - VETASSESS Technical Interview 

21/04/18 - IELTS Exam 

04/05/2018 - IELTS Results - L7.5, R8.0, W8.0, S8.0 Overall 8.0

22/05/18 - VETASSESS - AQF Cert 3 received 

22/05/18 - EOI Lodged 190 NSW

25/05/18 - Invited for nomination 

29/05/18 - Approval of state nomination + Invite to apply

19/06/18 - 190 NSW lodged

12/10/18 - CO contact for form 80

05/04/19 - CO contact for additional info on form 1229

Hi, what has prompted you to do the medicals? 

I submitted an application in Dec 19 & haven't had CO contact. I didn't front load the HC & PC's because I wanted the process to take a little bit longer due to commitments, this pandemic hit & I am glad we didn't go to the expense of having the HC's etc. as they are valid for a year, right? I'm no migration agent but is it a good idea at present to outlay that expense when things are like they are?

I feel your pain to some extent but, I wouldn’t consider walking away or be feeling like your money has been wasted, as you don’t yet know the outcome of the application.

What seems apparent is that people slip into this false sense of security with visa applications, that because they have been nominated/invited to apply, that its a when, not if! I’ve heard of people selling their cars, homes, making all sorts of arrangements etc. which is ludicrous at this stage, as the whole thing is so open ended.

For most cases it’s obviously when, but it is still an application. Staying equally positive but realistic is surely a better solution.

• Like 1

There seems to be two types of visa applicants to Australia. First are those that are passionate about oz and will do anything to get there and think it's the best choice for them/their family and want to be there yesterday. Then there are those that apply with the thought of when it happens it happens and if it doesn't happen are satisfied with their current position anyway. Hence some people find it hard to not be able to go now and live their dream life preparing for it and others easy to carry on as per norm as have less of an expectation of oz and will make plans as and when, maybe even never. 

I fall in the first category unfortunately 😂. Waiting truly sucks! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Joe/Rose said:

I feel your pain to some extent but, I wouldn’t consider walking away or be feeling like your money has been wasted, as you don’t yet know the outcome of the application.

What seems apparent is that people slip into this false sense of security with visa applications, that because they have been nominated/invited to apply, that its a when, not if! I’ve heard of people selling their cars, homes, making all sorts of arrangements etc. which is ludicrous at this stage, as the whole thing is so open ended.

For most cases it’s obviously when, but it is still an application. Staying equally positive but realistic is surely a better solution.

It's many years since we were granted our visa but I do remember that we were told not to sell cars/resign from jobs until the visa had actually been granted.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Joe/Rose said:

So true. I've even seen people who "put their life on hold" once they've submitted the application. 

People really need to think of the visa process as what it is - a lottery.    Even if you have all the qualifications and experience required and meet all the criteria, you may not win the prize.  And being invited doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get the visa - the state can, and often does, change its mind.  

Considering how long the process takes now, the only sensible approach is to submit the application and then try to forget all about it and get on with life in your home country.

From the immitracker (take with a pinch of salt) it looks like most case workers are processing 190 applications lodged around Nov/Dec 2019 at the moment.  It's clear to see they have been processing applications more slowly since July.  190 processing does seem to come in waves though, last year they had a large backlog similar to this year and started working through them quickly from September and pretty much cleared the backlog by November.

All i would suggest is double and triple check your application to improve the odds of it sailing through once it gets some eyes.

Hope this helps!

On 03/10/2020 at 09:54, paulhand said:

Generally speaking, I’d wait until asked at the moment. 

We have been asked for them, our agent has told us to get them ASAP, this is the second time, they have already expired we have been waiting all this time for the au gov to call my ex partner to confirm that he gives consent for my eldest child to come to Australia.

2 minutes ago, Emma_M said:

We have been asked for them, our agent has told us to get them ASAP, this is the second time, they have already expired we have been waiting all this time for the au gov to call my ex partner to confirm that he gives consent for my eldest child to come to Australia.

The answer you have quoted was to a different question by @Joe/Rose

8 hours ago, mt9754 said:

From the immitracker (take with a pinch of salt) it looks like most case workers are processing 190 applications lodged around Nov/Dec 2019 at the moment.  It's clear to see they have been processing applications more slowly since July.  190 processing does seem to come in waves though, last year they had a large backlog similar to this year and started working through them quickly from September and pretty much cleared the backlog by November.

All i would suggest is double and triple check your application to improve the odds of it sailing through once it gets some eyes.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, we are using an agent and lodged our application June 2018! We have had a few Case officer contacts so it’s definitely being worked on, we just need to re do our medicals as they have now expired, really hoping we get our grant this year 

• Like 1