AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

6 hours ago, Ken said:

Since it's virtual he can attend and make the pledge (just as in the old days nobody stopped guests from making the pledge) - but if he's not on the list he won't get a citizenship certificate for doing so!

Thanks ken.So my friend's husband should email home affairs in case they can add him?  She get 15 minutes to make the pledge.confused whether Department allow   another person within this time frame.Any idea? Thank you ken   

1 hour ago, Tasna1900 said:

Thanks ken.So my friend's husband should email home affairs in case they can add him?  She get 15 minutes to make the pledge.confused whether Department allow   another person within this time frame.Any idea? Thank you ken   

Sorry, I've no experience of virtual ceremonies. When I had my ceremony they did a room full of people (100 getting citizenship plus guests) in 15 minutes. I was assuming a virtual ceremony was the same (other than online) but it may be done individually.

On 21/08/2021 at 11:42, Toots said:

Is Torres way up in north Qld @annagilda?  Bit different to Tassie.  😁

Congrats on your citizenship!

Hi Toots! Yeah, very different to little old Devonport! I miss Tassie hugely, but I got the opportunity to head up the High Risk foot Service in the Torres Strait and I just couldn't say no, it's the most exceptional opportunity of my lifetime! 

Hope you're doing well. I was supposed to be back down for a holiday at the moment, but what with this Delta trouble, I thought it best to stay where I am. Plus I'd hate to get stuck elsewhere and for the Hospital to lose one of it's clinical services, just so I could have a holiday. I'd love a break though hahaha! Just as I imagine most healthcare workers across the globe would too! 

Hope you're doing fantastically well and thanks for the Citizenship "love." Can't wait to become an Irish/Aussie! 😄

Edited by annagilda
Grammar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, annagilda said:

Hi Toots! Yeah, very different to little old Devonport! I miss Tassie hugely, but I got the opportunity to head up the High Risk foot Service in the Torres Strait and I just couldn't say no, it's the most exceptional opportunity of my lifetime! 

Hope you're doing well. I was supposed to back down for a holiday at the moment, but what with this Delta trouble, I thought it best to stay where I am. Plus I'd hate to get stuck elsewhere and for the Hospital to lose one of it's clinical services, just so I could have a holiday. I'd love a break though hahaha! Just as I imagine most healthcare workers across the globe would too! 

Good to hear you are happy way up there and doing a good job.  😃

You wouldn't miss the weather we've been having here recently.  Nasty stuff.  Very wet and windy.  Next week is supposed to be much nicer.

No problem whatsoever here with Covid but you never know when it could arrive.  😕  People here are getting vaccinated big time so that helps if Covid does rear its ugly head.

• Like 1

On 13/08/2021 at 09:10, jadee said:

Hi Almost Oz- I have emailed ceremony.qld@homeaffairs.gov.au on several occasions to no avail. Not sure if your timeline is similar to mine (below)

Let me know if you hear back- Good luck! 

Hi @jadee

I only got approval last week. I have emailed on the email address and no response yet.

Looking at your timeline, I may have to wait 6 months. Let's see how it goes.

Regards,

Just got a confirmation from the Canterbury-Bankstown (NSW) council that they will commence virtual citizenship ceremonies starting from September. 

But does anyone know if a job offer that requires me to fly out of Australia is the reason good enough for the Department to consider moving my ceremony date closer? I don't have the actual ceremony date yet but it seems unlikely that it is going to be in September. 

Edited by cyril_au

Dear All, 

I have a question, Is there any form of identification document for children under 5 years other than their passport ?

The reason I want to ask is, by the time I apply for my Citizenship, my son's Indian passport will have less than 4 months to expire. Since he was born offshore, his passport was issued only for 3 years. 

/Thanks,
Darth Vader

1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

Dear All, 

I have a question, Is there any form of identification document for children under 5 years other than their passport ?

The reason I want to ask is, by the time I apply for my Citizenship, my son's Indian passport will have less than 4 months to expire. Since he was born offshore, his passport was issued only for 3 years. 

/Thanks,
Darth Vader

You'll have to explain what the problem is. Does something happen to Indian passports that have less than 4 months to expire? Do they self-destruct and disappear in a puff of smoke? If not it's a perfectly good photo ID and will remain so for years to come.

Edited by Ken

8 hours ago, Nora said:

People in this forum living in Moreton Bay Regional council still waiting for ceremony?

Yeah.

Citizenship Application: 04/05/2021
Invitation to sit test received: 15/06/2021
Test Date: 13/07/2021
Approval: 13/07/2021
Ceremony: TBA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Dear All, 

/Thanks,
Darth Vader

You can use the expired one. We used our children's expired ones (it was over 10 months expired) and it was fine, no dramas. 

1 hour ago, Aayush said:

Yeah.

Citizenship Application: 04/05/2021
Invitation to sit test received: 15/06/2021
Test Date: 13/07/2021
Approval: 13/07/2021
Ceremony: TBA

Yours came quick. That's nice, hope you hear from them soon too. When been waiting 6 months now, and now the waiting time from approval to ceremony is 6-8 months. 

Hi, We as family of 5 applied for citizenship on 24th May 2021. My daughter who is 16 now (applied through seperate application), her application has been approved on 1st August 2021 however we the parents and other kids who are in our applications are yet to be approved. Can any body guide why is this difference between the time lines and does it mean our applications are already under process and will be finalised soon? We are based in Cardinia Shire, Victoria. Thanks 

On 19/08/2021 at 07:58, Oshan said:

Hi dmak,

Was there any reason to delay your approval compared to your wife ??

Because, I have got low-range drink driving conviction on my Aus PCC but I revealed it on application.  I just to want to explore applicants with some issues like me 😞

Hi Oshan,

Apologies I had no clue about what the process behind the scene. The majority differences between my wife and myself were i had a lots more travel history and one speeding fine. Otherwise my wife and i arrived in Aust on the same month, got our PR grant on the same day and applied for Citizenship on the same day. 

22 minutes ago, dmak said:

Hi Oshan,

Apologies I had no clue about what the process behind the scene. The majority differences between my wife and myself were i had a lots more travel history and one speeding fine. Otherwise my wife and i arrived in Aust on the same month, got our PR grant on the same day and applied for Citizenship on the same day. 

Thanks @dmak for your  input.

14 hours ago, Asghar said:

Hi, We as family of 5 applied for citizenship on 24th May 2021. My daughter who is 16 now (applied through seperate application), her application has been approved on 1st August 2021 however we the parents and other kids who are in our applications are yet to be approved. Can any body guide why is this difference between the time lines and does it mean our applications are already under process and will be finalised soon? We are based in Cardinia Shire, Victoria. Thanks 

I don't really know the reason, but logically a 16 year old can't have much background to check and so can be processed quickly, whereas adults have decades more to look at.

Hi everyone.

Done my test and interview today in Adelaide.

So I passed my test and the official showed that my account is 'Approved', so just waiting for the letter of invitation now and my process will be complete.

Eligible for Citizenship 9th May 2021 (4years on permanent spouse visa 100)

Submitted Citizenship application online though my Immi account 30th June 2021

Test and interview notification (by phone) 20th August 2021

Test and interview completed 26th August 2021

Citizenship ceremony (Onkaparinga) ???

Jonathan

Application date : 01 June 2021

Test date: 30 July 2021 (got cancelled due to snap lockdown in Adl)

Test date: 13 August 2021

Passed the test with 100%, uploaded the document they asked, the same day but both me and my spouse waiting for approval.

Anyone else in Adl facing delays in approval?

12 hours ago, Hasan84 said:

Hi Guys any idea how long it is taking from citizenship ceremony to recieving the certificate. I know the guidance is 3 weeks but any actual tes experienced by people ? 

You are given the certificate on the day of the ceremony (at least you are in WA)