AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

8 hours ago, XoXo11 said:

Hi , I am lodging my application in few days , I do not have overseas police clearance right now , can i Submit that latter in 1-3 months after lodging or better to submit all at once ? 

Hello, You have to submit police clearance if they asked and they do not ask for all applicants. 

@Friends,

Correct me if i am wrong

6 hours ago, Tzhamzl_tn74 said:

Hello, You have to submit police clearance if they asked and they do not ask for all applicants. 

@Friends,

Correct me if i am wrong

Hi , Thank you for replying 

yes I am aware It may need to be lodged especially  , But can pcc be submitted or uploaded on immi account later in 1-2 months after I have lodge my citizenship application and not at the time of application? 

1 hour ago, XoXo11 said:

Hi , Thank you for replying 

yes I am aware It may need to be lodged especially  , But can pcc be submitted or uploaded on immi account later in 1-2 months after I have lodge my citizenship application and not at the time of application? 

We submitted ours like 8 months after we lodged application, they didn't asked for it, we used the same pcc used for PR bc we didnt go out of the country after PR was granted (we haven't been overseas since we first arrive to Au to tell you the truth). I uploaded it bc I didnt want them to ask for one and delay the process, nor I wanted to prompt them to ask for a new upto date pcc. 

And on my test/interview date in Melbourne,  my officer checked it and said: :oh you have your pcc..but haven't been out since then,  so that is good"

If I were you, if you have one, upload it..if you dont, just apply for one while you lodge your application and later add it on if you want or wait wait for them to ask for it. 

Hi,

I just received the virtual ceremony invitation.

I didn't contact them at all or request for any virtual ceremony at all. 

Applied : 02/01/2021

Test invitation :11/05/2021

Test and Interview    07/06/2021 (passed )

Approved  Same day

Virtual Ceremony :04/09/2021 (Blacktown council NSW)

Thanks

good luck .

On 16/08/2021 at 18:21, AlmostOZ said:

Hi,

Anyone in Toowoomba, QLD waiting for the ceremony? Do we know what sort of backlog are we looking at for the Australian Citizenship Ceremony? Can we ring the council to inquire?

Regards,

I called Toowoomba Regional Council and was kept on hold for ages while someone tried to find the information you are requesting. Sadly they are driven by Brisbane and were unable to provide any worthwhile information. I was told to ring them instead.

All I can say is that ceremonies are still going ahead in Toowoomba, just not huge amounts.

I have called Home Affairs who are quite frankly useless and also emailed, but no reply to date.

On 27/03/2021 at 14:53, dmak said:

Hello everyone, 

I would like to share my timeline: 

Application applied: 27/06/2020

Invitation on 05/02/2021 for test and interview on 05/03/2021. 

Both my wife and I passed. My wife application was approved on the same day, but mine was approved today 27/03/2021.

Now we will be waiting for ceremony. 

Hello everyone,

Here is another update on my Citizenship application since my application was approved,

I have received the virtual ceremony invitation from council on 8th Aug.

Virtual Ceremony : 18th Aug 2021 (Ku ring gai council NSW) and i just did it together with my family.

I wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone here being part of my journey from 457 > 186 > Citizenship in my last 5.5 year. What a great community, willingness to share information, your journey and help each other.

I wish everyone here will have your application approved and ceremony soon.

• Congratulations 2

6 hours ago, ToowoombaBlue said:

I called Toowoomba Regional Council and was kept on hold for ages while someone tried to find the information you are requesting. Sadly they are driven by Brisbane and were unable to provide any worthwhile information. I was told to ring them instead.

All I can say is that ceremonies are still going ahead in Toowoomba, just not huge amounts.

I have called Home Affairs who are quite frankly useless and also emailed, but no reply to date.

I see. Thanks for response

Hi All,

Just wonder to know about the interview, i got the interview notification at my immi account that was supposed to at the middle of of july but i got the text message at my mobile that all interviews have been canceled due to the current lockdown. I didn't get any formal intimation at my immi account. the message I got had from a random number. The test centre was at Sydney. I have two queries

Does anyone get the interview cancellation through mobile message?

I am living in regional NSW, in my application, I select the Parramatta center for interview/test but due to the current lockdown situation it is not seeing to open at the end of august, Can i be able to change my interview center to a nearby regional area, if yes then how to proceed it. 

On 27/03/2021 at 14:53, dmak said:

Hello everyone, 

I would like to share my timeline: 

Application applied: 27/06/2020

Invitation on 05/02/2021 for test and interview on 05/03/2021. 

Both my wife and I passed. My wife application was approved on the same day, but mine was approved today 27/03/2021.

Now we will be waiting for ceremony. 

Hi dmak,

Was there any reason to delay your approval compared to your wife ??

Because, I have got low-range drink driving conviction on my Aus PCC but I revealed it on application.  I just to want to explore applicants with some issues like me 😞

16 minutes ago, AnkitC said:

It will be on your approval letter.

You meant they will  snd me new letter with ceremony date right ?  Or council will snd me ? I got one approval letter but I didn’t see any thing on it they just mentioned immi citizenship site something on the letter so I need to go online and book my ceremony? I have no idea 😞

Edited by preetkaur7397

30 minutes ago, preetkaur7397 said:

You meant they will  snd me new letter with ceremony date right ?  Or council will snd me ? I got one approval letter but I didn’t see any thing on it they just mentioned immi citizenship site something on the letter so I need to go online and book my ceremony? I have no idea 😞

You will receive an email/letter from your local council about a month before your ceremony with details of where and when. This may take up to six months or longer, so now you need to just wait. If in the future, your ceremony gets cancelled due to covid, DOH  may send you a virtual ceremony invite.

• Thanks 1

Just an update about my citizenship ceremony with the Sutherland Shire council.

30th July ceremony - canceled due to the lockdown

27th August ceremony - canceled due to the lockdown

I received a text message from the council that they are sending invites for the virtual ceremonies soon.

I am still waiting for my invite.

Hang in there everyone, we will finish strong soon.

• Congratulations 1

Does anybody have an E-mail address to request a virtual ceremony? I was approved for citizenship over 6 months ago but still haven't received anything. I am waiting to start a masters degree online and the fees are different/cheaper if I am an Australian citizen.

Central Coast, NSW.

Edited by Brezington

On 17/08/2021 at 16:35, Sanji said:

Hi,

I just received the virtual ceremony invitation.

I didn't contact them at all or request for any virtual ceremony at all. 

Applied : 02/01/2021

Test invitation :11/05/2021

Test and Interview    07/06/2021 (passed )

Approved  Same day

Virtual Ceremony :04/09/2021 (Blacktown council NSW)

Thanks

good luck .

Congratulations

Can i ask you one question on behalf of my friend

She got a date to attend a virtual ceremony but her husband didn’t

Now will they allow her husband to participate with her?  Or her husband need different email invitation

Thanks in advance

Ts                  

11 hours ago, Tasna1900 said:

Congratulations

Can i ask you one question on behalf of my friend

She got a date to attend a virtual ceremony but her husband didn’t

Now will they allow her husband to participate with her?  Or her husband need different email invitation

Thanks in advance

Ts                  

Hi Tasna,

Thanks. If they have applied individually,Yes  her husband needs to get the invitation too.each individual over 18 needs to make the pledge.

he can not use his wife's invitation letter to attend the ceremony and make the pledge.

cheers.

On 16/08/2021 at 09:38, Success21 said:

Hi

Anyone here who got approval in February or March 2021 and still waiting for ceremony with Brisbane City Council?

Hi

I applied for citizenship 1 May 2020, had test/interview 13th November in Brisbane, approval 11th December and earlier this week I got invited for the ceremony on Monday the 30th in Brisbane city.

I received invitation from the council on email and letter in the post.

am looking forward to becoming a citizen and getting a Aussie passport 🙂

• Congratulations 2

5 hours ago, Sanji said:

Hi Tasna,

Thanks. If they have applied individually,Yes  her husband needs to get the invitation too.each individual over 18 needs to make the pledge.

he can not use his wife's invitation letter to attend the ceremony and make the pledge.

cheers.

Since it's virtual he can attend and make the pledge (just as in the old days nobody stopped guests from making the pledge) - but if he's not on the list he won't get a citizenship certificate for doing so!