Crazy foods in Australia

Guest Emilywood2

3 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Getting indigestion just looking at it.

and ketchup squirted into pies is just wrong on so many levels......

Been here half a century and never had “ketchup squirted into a pie” or been offered same.  Which state/territory/city does this?

Guest The Pom Queen
On 15/02/2020 at 22:16, Bulya said:

Been here half a century and never had “ketchup squirted into a pie” or been offered same.  Which state/territory/city does this?

Victoria, down in Melbourne they use to do it the reason I know is that Rob hates tomato sauce so he would never order a pie. Up here at the bakers they slice the top off and fill it with proper mushy peas and put the lid back on. Now that’s delicious 

Guest The Pom Queen

The youngest got some red claw (crayfish) at the dam. A dilemma once you have caught them you can’t put them back and it’s legal to take as many as he wants. I think he got a total of 56. The problem was cooking them, they are so big only one fits in the pan at once. I wasn’t too sure about trying any. He gave me a bit from close to the tail and it was the most horrible thing I’ve ever eaten. He asked me to try another piece and I’m so glad he did because that tasted just like prawn meat/Moreton bay bug without the $50kg price tag. A few days after he cooked some more in a nandos sauce and that was lovely. I don’t know what was wrong with that first piece, maybe he didn’t remove the poo sac. Anyway he has been out again whilst I’ve been in hospital 

He needs to learn how to tell a male from a female although it makes no difference here they still have to be removed.

F62F5F52-1DCE-463E-9998-889111EDA40C.jpeg

Only one of his boxes

24417455-7EBA-432A-B4C1-9697CF5BC24C.jpeg

To show the size of it next to his foot

55FA316B-DA52-456C-A462-5D05A8E79A61.jpeg

3 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

Victoria, down in Melbourne they use to do it the reason I know is that Rob hates tomato sauce so he would never order a pie. Up here at the bakers they slice the top off and fill it with proper mushy peas and put the lid back on. Now that’s delicious 

I hate tomato sauce (ketchup) too.  

3 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4The youngest got some red claw (crayfish) at the dam. A dilemma once you have caught them you can’t put them back and it’s legal to take as many as he wants. I think he got a total of 56. The problem was cooking them, they are so big only one fits in the pan at once. I wasn’t too sure about trying any. He gave me a bit from close to the tail and it was the most horrible thing I’ve ever eaten. He asked me to try another piece and I’m so glad he did because that tasted just like prawn meat/Moreton bay bug without the $50kg price tag. A few days after he cooked some more in a nandos sauce and that was lovely. I don’t know what was wrong with that first piece, maybe he didn’t remove the poo sac. Anyway he has been out again whilst I’ve been in hospital 

He needs to learn how to tell a male from a female although it makes no difference here they still have to be removed.

F62F5F52-1DCE-463E-9998-889111EDA40C.jpeg

Only one of his boxes

24417455-7EBA-432A-B4C1-9697CF5BC24C.jpeg

To show the size of it next to his foot

55FA316B-DA52-456C-A462-5D05A8E79A61.jpeg

Well done to that young bloke. I used to get big mobs out of Proserpine dam, while barra fishing.

Only time that I know of to tell the difference between male and female is when the female is in 'berry'. To clean redclaw, first bung 'em in a container of salt water for an hour

To boil the redclaw if he doesn' t have a big boiler, is to cut the heads off prior to  boiling  them in salty water and bury the heads...

Cheers, Bobj.