New 491 - Family Sponsorship Question!

Burnsie

You really should be employing a good migration agent.

Family sponsorship is not simple. Yes, a mother can sponsor. But, the 489 I snow effectively abolished and being replaced and none of us amateurs are at all clear on the replacement. If it runs like that 489, it isn't an easy thing. In effect, you would still need to pass the same issues as a 189, but with added criteria based on where your mother lives as it must be in a designated area. 

24 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

If your biological mother is an Aus citizen can you claim citizenship by descent? When did she become a citizen? 

Sorry if that’s been asked before.

I think the biological mother has to be an Australian citizen at the time of your birth.  Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

On 13/11/2019 at 04:14, VERYSTORMY said:

You really should be employing a good migration agent.

Family sponsorship is not simple. Yes, a mother can sponsor. But, the 489 I snow effectively abolished and being replaced and none of us amateurs are at all clear on the replacement. If it runs like that 489, it isn't an easy thing. In effect, you would still need to pass the same issues as a 189, but with added criteria based on where your mother lives as it must be in a designated area. 

Hi VERYSTORMY,

This a thing that is actually confusing me as it's not clear on their website. I would like to sponsor my brother on 491 visa but not too sure if they require me (a sponsor) to live in a designated regional area or just designated area. On 489, there was an explanation what designated areas are, but that piece of information is missing now.  So question is : Is Designated Area same or different to Designated Regional Area?

Thanks

Designated Regional Area

The postcodes that constitute regional Australia and the eligible campuses that fall within those postcodes are specified in an instrument (LIN 19/217: Regional Areas Instrument 2019) for the purposes of paragraph 6D101 of Part 6D.10 of the regulations. This instrument applies to any relevant application that did not have an assessed score prior to 16 November 2019 when the current instrument came into effect.

Edited by wrussell
format