Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

42 minutes ago, LBee said:

Today we received a request for payment of 2nd VAC - a roller coaster of emotions - lots of happy tears - it’s been a long four and a half years - when we applied it said 12-18 months - we are just thrilled 

Me too!! Received at 17:20hrs wasn’t expecting it that time of day 😁

• Congratulations 4

5 minutes ago, Flangela100 said:

Waahooo I was asked to pay the 2nd VAC for a straight 143 yesterday, lodged in April 2016!

Sadly the Immi website Bpay function is down from the 8th to 13th of November!  Typical😂

Is the Bpay option on the Immi account the best one to use to pay the invoice?

Yes cheapest way also! Congrats

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KathyN said:

@Kathss56 can I please ask if this is different from the BPay function in online banking that is used to pay electricity, water bills etc in Australia? Can't I pay directly using BPay from my Australian bank account, with a BPay number on the 2nd VAC request if there is any?

Same they give you the biller code  and reference to use 

• Like 1

Just now, Kathss56 said:

Same they give you the biller code  and reference to use 

Thank you! Can I also ask if only a particular person can pay, for example only the sponsor or the main applicant? We are hoping that I would be able to pay from my account as the dependant applicant.

1 minute ago, BargeUK said:

Exactly - that's why we were surprised but so happy.  It's our grandson's 3rd birthday on Saturday so we'll miss that and Christmas but at least we know we should be there for the next one

Luckily I’m here. So visa won’t be granted until I can fly out. But nice to know it’s ready and waiting. I will pay and ask them to hold it until I can submit travel plans. Hopefully NZ maybe soon 🤞you get here soon 👍

• Like 1

Could anyone confirm that there seems to be a trend of UK applicants getting 2nd VAC requests in the last few days? I am not from the UK.

Edit: sorry I was just informed that the forum probably has more UK applicants than other countries. Please ignore!

Edited by KathyN